Buy lows?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Buy lows?

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:20 pm

DJM is a great one if he's available for a single 1st like people are doing.

AJB seems like another one. He's been hurt but the big concern with him was the passing offense in Tennessee, and that passing offense has looked much better than expected this year. You can actually get him cheaper than his preseason value even though his biggest concern appears to be a non-issue.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Rashaad Penny- dude was explosive when healthy, workhorse size, can catch very well. Chris Carson's bruising style already has him banged up and even when healthy last year, the team looked to get Penny involved. Coaches in offseason still hinted at a committee when both guys were hurt. The guy was looking like a stretch run league winner last season. Nobody can be had for cheaper that you can say that about.

Cam Akers- I thought he was an excellent prospect but even if you thought he was average, the Rams OLine hasn't been the disaster it was previously thought to be as they have propelled Brown/Henderson to solid rushing games this season. McVay still appears to hate Henderson so it looks like Akers' will regain the starting role. I would bet my season that he's the next rookie to break through.

Mike Gesicki- the target distribution will need to sustain some consistency in Miami but Gesicki looks like one of very few tight ends that offers something in the open-field & may develop into a rare high yardage threat at the position.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:20 pm DJM is a great one if he's available for a single 1st like people are doing.

AJB seems like another one. He's been hurt but the big concern with him was the passing offense in Tennessee, and that passing offense has looked much better than expected this year. You can actually get him cheaper than his preseason value even though his biggest concern appears to be a non-issue.
AJ Brown is a good one that I didnt think of and I dont know why because I just bought him for David Montgomery which seemed low to me.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:49 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:40 pm Rashaad Penny- dude was explosive when healthy, workhorse size, can catch very well. Chris Carson's bruising style already has him banged up and even when healthy last year, the team looked to get Penny involved. Coaches in offseason still hinted at a committee when both guys were hurt. The guy was looking like a stretch run league winner last season. Nobody can be had for cheaper that you can say that about.

Cam Akers- I thought he was an excellent prospect but even if you thought he was average, the Rams OLine hasn't been the disaster it was previously thought to be as they have propelled Brown/Henderson to solid rushing games this season. McVay still appears to hate Henderson so it looks like Akers' will regain the starting role. I would bet my season that he's the next rookie to break through.

Mike Gesicki- the target distribution will need to sustain some consistency in Miami but Gesicki looks like one of very few tight ends that offers something in the open-field & may develop into a rare high yardage threat at the position.
I really like Penny too as a buy low if you have the roster space.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:00 pm

Diontae Johnson- I think he will be the AB in the Pitt offense starting immediately.

Montgomery- tough test last week vs the Colts and this week vs TB. I would pounce on him after this weeks game

Henry- has not had big numbers but has been producing with Herbert and Eckler out. I see Henry's targets and value increasing

Wentz- looked like crap for a few weeks but Sunday night he showed he still has it, O-line and receiving weapons will return
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:04 pm

azthecrow wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:49 pm
CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:40 pm Rashaad Penny- dude was explosive when healthy, workhorse size, can catch very well. Chris Carson's bruising style already has him banged up and even when healthy last year, the team looked to get Penny involved. Coaches in offseason still hinted at a committee when both guys were hurt. The guy was looking like a stretch run league winner last season. Nobody can be had for cheaper that you can say that about.

How low is low for Penny? The guy has done nothing in his career. I can't see paying more than a third for him. If I own, which I don't, I'd rather keep him for that low of a return and go down in flames with the likely high draft cost it cost to draft him originally.

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:10 pm

PTW32 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:13 pm
Vcize wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:20 pm DJM is a great one if he's available for a single 1st like people are doing.

AJ Brown is a good one that I didnt think of and I dont know why because I just bought him for David Montgomery which seemed low to me.
That is highway robbery imo. Well done.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:36 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:47 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:47 am

What kind of production do you expect from him???
Steady RB2 with low RB1 upside based on volume
Id say that's wishful thinking.

All the buy lows on DJM, good job... I've had plenty of owners reach out and ask me about him. I say he's available but it's useless honestly. They just want to give their late 1st
I haven't sniffed around DJM in any of my leagues. As an owner, what offer would indicate the other team was making a serious offer, not a "buying only for peanuts" offer?

Edit- the buy low sell high thread- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=207217
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:44 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:36 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:47 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Steady RB2 with low RB1 upside based on volume
Id say that's wishful thinking.

All the buy lows on DJM, good job... I've had plenty of owners reach out and ask me about him. I say he's available but it's useless honestly. They just want to give their late 1st
I haven't sniffed around DJM in any of my leagues. As an owner, what offer would indicate the other team was making a serious offer, not a "buying only for peanuts" offer?

Edit- the buy low sell high thread- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=207217
I mean at least start with an early 1st. In SF, that would definitely get me thinking. In a 1 QB league, it's really tough to say what players might go early and will they turn into the player DJM already has shown he can be? Chase is definitely a favorite and I'm sure others emerge, but that's not enough to sell away a young promising WR like DJM

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:04 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:01 pm

If you are a believer in any of the Eagles they could be solid buy low options. Wentz, Ertz, and Sanders.
Just curious why you think Sanders would be a buy low candidate, as an owner I definitely wouldnt be selling him low
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm

remedy29 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:04 pm

How low is low for Penny? The guy has done nothing in his career. I can't see paying more than a third for him. If I own, which I don't, I'd rather keep him for that low of a return and go down in flames with the likely high draft cost it cost to draft him originally.
I offered a 2nd for Penny and the owner declined... :wtf:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:14 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm
remedy29 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:04 pm

I offered a 2nd for Penny and the owner declined... :wtf:
Drafted Penny 1.04, so I'd rather hold than get a random second. The situation blows and is impossible to read but I still like his talent more. Next year? Maybe I move on, I don't know yet.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:19 am

I'd give a late 2nd for Penny. He hasn't done much, but big and fast usually translates when given enough chances, and high draft capital probably means he'll get more chances.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:20 am

I’d take a late 2nd for any of my Penny shares. The only places I own him though, I got him off waivers for free.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 am

I'd much rather take a chance on Penny than some random second. He hasn't risen to the occasion yet, but last year when he was given ample opportunity, he looked great. Hopefully this knee injury wont set him back too far. Im glad the hawks are taking their time before throwing him back onto the field
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06