Antonio Gibson Rocket Ship - Round 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:19 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:15 pm I'd like to flip him myself, but I'd prefer to go for known talent as a return instead of late 1sts and random picks.

My question is what do you throw out that isn't an insulting offer? DJ Moore is currently down, but offering for him straight up doesn't feel right?
I'm actually in agreement here. I am trying to flip him for Jefferson, currently. I like the prospect more, and he has shown me enough to think my assessment of him was right. I don't think DJ Moore would be moved for Gibson, I would snap decline, as a Moore owner, but you never know. Worth a shot, I guess. The other move is moving those picks for a known player, or as part of a deal for known player. My team is a year or two off, though. Sort of building for next year. I'll sniff around on DJM, worth a shot.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:19 pm

blemly wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:17 pm I think there is a middle ground between the 10-15 touch COP RB you consider him and a 320 touch stud, FF :lol:

Concerns of a bad offense, unknown quantity, and raw skills are there, I don’t disagree. That being said, given the fact that he IS raw and IS on a bad offense, I’ve been extremely impressed with what I have seen so far. Back in March I said his upside comp was the RB version of Deebo, and I have seen nothing so far that makes me think less of him.
For sure. That's a good comp. Just hope he stays healthier than Deebo. Just trying to gauge the sell price, I mean, every player has it's price.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:19 pm
blemly wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:17 pm I think there is a middle ground between the 10-15 touch COP RB you consider him and a 320 touch stud, FF :lol:

Concerns of a bad offense, unknown quantity, and raw skills are there, I don’t disagree. That being said, given the fact that he IS raw and IS on a bad offense, I’ve been extremely impressed with what I have seen so far. Back in March I said his upside comp was the RB version of Deebo, and I have seen nothing so far that makes me think less of him.
For sure. That's a good comp. Just hope he stays healthier than Deebo. Just trying to gauge the sell price, I mean, every player has it's price.
I completely agree. If you get what you perceive as great value for him go for it. FWIW, RR used him all over the field on Sunday. They had him running shallow crossers and designed bubble screens to get him open and when he has space you can clearly see the burst.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:43 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:15 pm I'd like to flip him myself, but I'd prefer to go for known talent as a return instead of late 1sts and random picks.

My question is what do you throw out that isn't an insulting offer? DJ Moore is currently down, but offering for him straight up doesn't feel right?
Idk I got an offer of a late 1st for DJM so can't be that far off...

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Idk I got an offer of a late 1st for DJM so can't be that far off...
It's with mixed emotions i just traded my Gibson straight up for DJ Moore.

I wanted to keep Gibson as I think he's going to be something special, but this was too good to pass up. I hope.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:47 pm
blemly wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:15 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:08 pm Let's not forget the Football Team will more than likely upgrade the position next year too, as Barber and McKissic aren't going to cut it for Rivera, I don't think.
They may bring in some more depth, but I disagree that Washington will invest significant draft capital in RB. They have more pressing needs elsewhere, especially WR, OT, CB, LB, and, perhaps most glaringly, QB. It is all speculation, but I think it’s more likely that Gibson rolls into next year as the primarily back or 1a.
They will add more talent compared to what they have now. Through FA or the draft. I was just offered a late first, 2nd and a 2022 2nd, in a SF/TE premium, and thinking I'm going to cash out. This is a bad offense, and I just don't trust the player all that much. He's a committee back IMO. Not a primary back. I think he can produce RB 2 numbers, but I think for that price I may cash out. I do like the player, but turned Akers and a 2nd into Gibson and a first, and now getting this makes it a pretty good value again. I may miss out, but I am leaning towards cashing out.
Same reason I urged caution on bailing on Jane's Robinson prematurely- check out Washington's upcoming schedule. Includes Dallas, NYG, Cincinnati, Detroit. Let his youth, touches and likely production in good matchups stabilize his value.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:50 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:47 pm
blemly wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:15 pm

They may bring in some more depth, but I disagree that Washington will invest significant draft capital in RB. They have more pressing needs elsewhere, especially WR, OT, CB, LB, and, perhaps most glaringly, QB. It is all speculation, but I think it’s more likely that Gibson rolls into next year as the primarily back or 1a.
They will add more talent compared to what they have now. Through FA or the draft. I was just offered a late first, 2nd and a 2022 2nd, in a SF/TE premium, and thinking I'm going to cash out. This is a bad offense, and I just don't trust the player all that much. He's a committee back IMO. Not a primary back. I think he can produce RB 2 numbers, but I think for that price I may cash out. I do like the player, but turned Akers and a 2nd into Gibson and a first, and now getting this makes it a pretty good value again. I may miss out, but I am leaning towards cashing out.
Same reason I urged caution on bailing on Jane's Robinson prematurely- check out Washington's upcoming schedule. Includes Dallas, NYG, Cincinnati, Detroit. Let his youth, touches and likely production in good matchups stabilize his value.
I ended up holding, and acquiring in another league. He's still going to have that PPR floor, I don't care about late firsts and 2nds etc in next years class. Guy even added a 3rd on, but I declined.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:09 pm

Acquired Gibson in 2 leagues this week.

Akers + 2nd for Gibson
JuJu for Gibson

Also offered JuJu in another league and it was declined.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:24 pm

skinfanjon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:09 pm Acquired Gibson in 2 leagues this week.

Akers + 2nd for Gibson
JuJu for Gibson

I wouldn't move Juju for him. Got Akers plus a few weeks ago. I like him, but I prefer Juju myself. However, you are a Skins fan, so I get it.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:24 pm
skinfanjon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:09 pm Acquired Gibson in 2 leagues this week.

Akers + 2nd for Gibson
JuJu for Gibson

I wouldn't move Juju for him. Got Akers plus a few weeks ago. I like him, but I prefer Juju myself. However, you are a Skins fan, so I get it.
My condolences

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Akers + 2nd for Gibson
JuJu for Gibson

Huh. Juju's value seems to have dropped. Question is, will it rebound? Doesn't seem like it, as long as he's in Pittsburgh.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:24 pm

Akers + 2nd for Gibson
JuJu for Gibson

It made sense for that team. I'm in a championship window, won 2 years ago, losing Barkley left a huge hole. Deep at receiver.

I wouldn't jump on him in standard but hes going to have some big ppr weeks as the schedule lightens up.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 pm

Oh man are you gonna regret that Akers trade.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:41 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 pm Oh man are you gonna regret that Akers trade.
Why? Akers did nothing much until a late game big gainer when the game was really out of reach. You really have no idea if he will or not. Cool that you think you know, though with such certainty. Seems like this comment was made just to be a d@ck. Kind of comes across that way. He's a Skins fan and traded for a guy on his favourite team. Jury is really out on both players at this point.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:41 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 pm Oh man are you gonna regret that Akers trade.
Why? Akers did nothing much until a late game big gainer when the game was really out of reach. You really have no idea if he will or not. Cool that you think you know, though with such certainty. Seems like this comment was made just to be a d@ck. Kind of comes across that way. He's a Skins fan and traded for a guy on his favourite team. Jury is really out on both players at this point.
i'm just trying to blend in with all the other posters here that act like dicks. it's not easy.

please direct me to where gibson did much in the game. akers was making tough yards through the meat of the team's dline.

and the game was over at the opening kickoff.