Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:23 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:22 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:36 pm

Could be, but McKissic looks like their 3rd down back.
Mckissic also looks like crap
This is probably going to be Gibson's one shot at getting touches will no legit competition, let's hope he make the most of it.
Im just confused how you could look at yesterdays game and see anything negative from it? I mean he had 83 yards receiving and a touchdown running up the middle at the goal line (which you say is a weakness of his). He had 128 all purpose yards on 18 touches. All he has done is improve, on an absolutely awful offense. Mind you this was against a great defense. I just think its time we all look at him a little differently and realize he may have been someone many of us missed on. If he can play like this vs the ravens on less than 20 touches then imagine what he can do if he begins to get 25 total touches?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:59 am

Its clear Fantasy freak is a bit conservative and it seems he likes to take a wait and see approach. We all do this to an extent. I personally missed on some players because of this. I've also been wrong on players due to this. In this particular case, similar to the Allen thread if one chooses to wait to see more, well, there is a cost to that. I completely missed on Godwin due to that line of thinking. Anyway, after watching Gibson now for a few weeks, I'm quite comfortable in him RIGHT now as a rb2 with upside. His arrow is pointing up in real life football AND fantasy. For those that waited, his cost has steadily gone up. :clap:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:07 am

JFever wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:59 am Its clear Fantasy freak is a bit conservative and it seems he likes to take a wait and see approach. We all do this to an extent. I personally missed on some players because of this. I've also been wrong on players due to this. In this particular case, similar to the Allen thread if one chooses to wait to see more, well, there is a cost to that. I completely missed on Godwin due to that line of thinking. Anyway, after watching Gibson now for a few weeks, I'm quite comfortable in him RIGHT now as a rb2 with upside. His arrow is pointing up in real life football AND fantasy. For those that waited, his cost has steadily gone up. :clap:
Good point, im the total opposite and i feel like you know almost immediately if a rookie is good. It has caused misses for sure but it has also caused some good acquisitions on my part (Kenny G, Tyreek Hill, Lamar Jackson, etc). Ive made trades for DK Metcalf and more recently Justin Jefferson based off of this thinking. Knowing a rookie is BAD takes a lot more time though. Ive felt very confident in Gibson since week 2, this performance makes me feel even more confident.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:04 pm

I think AG is right on schedule and still reminds me of David Johnson. Never the most natural runner but good combo of size, power, make you miss, receiving and build up speed. What is David Johnson with crap QB play, mediocre OL, unproven coaching and a 3rd down back stealing targets? That is the question I am wrestling with and probably why I will jump off if the hype passes RB15-20 range

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:04 pm I think AG is right on schedule and still reminds me of David Johnson. Never the most natural runner but good combo of size, power, make you miss, receiving and build up speed. What is David Johnson with crap QB play, mediocre OL, unproven coaching and a 3rd down back stealing targets? That is the question I am wrestling with and probably why I will jump off if the hype passes RB15-20 range
Me too. I am going to float some feelers out, see if this game was enough to get an overpay. Let's not forget the Football Team will more than likely upgrade the position next year too, as Barber and McKissic aren't going to cut it for Rivera, I don't think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:08 pm Let's not forget the Football Team will more than likely upgrade the position next year too, as Barber and McKissic aren't going to cut it for Rivera, I don't think.
They may bring in some more depth, but I disagree that Washington will invest significant draft capital in RB. They have more pressing needs elsewhere, especially WR, OT, CB, LB, and, perhaps most glaringly, QB. It is all speculation, but I think it’s more likely that Gibson rolls into next year as the primarily back or 1a.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:47 pm

blemly wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:15 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:08 pm Let's not forget the Football Team will more than likely upgrade the position next year too, as Barber and McKissic aren't going to cut it for Rivera, I don't think.
They may bring in some more depth, but I disagree that Washington will invest significant draft capital in RB. They have more pressing needs elsewhere, especially WR, OT, CB, LB, and, perhaps most glaringly, QB. It is all speculation, but I think it’s more likely that Gibson rolls into next year as the primarily back or 1a.
They will add more talent compared to what they have now. Through FA or the draft. I was just offered a late first, 2nd and a 2022 2nd, in a SF/TE premium, and thinking I'm going to cash out. This is a bad offense, and I just don't trust the player all that much. He's a committee back IMO. Not a primary back. I think he can produce RB 2 numbers, but I think for that price I may cash out. I do like the player, but turned Akers and a 2nd into Gibson and a first, and now getting this makes it a pretty good value again. I may miss out, but I am leaning towards cashing out.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:48 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:04 pm I think AG is right on schedule and still reminds me of David Johnson. Never the most natural runner but good combo of size, power, make you miss, receiving and build up speed. What is David Johnson with crap QB play, mediocre OL, unproven coaching and a 3rd down back stealing targets? That is the question I am wrestling with and probably why I will jump off if the hype passes RB15-20 range
Good post but I see Mixon with his upright style, break away speed and natural hands. Gibson is super strong too, he really pushes piles and defenders.

Once they get a real QB to open things up he'll be a top notch RB2 with room to grow.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:21 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:23 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Mckissic also looks like crap
This is probably going to be Gibson's one shot at getting touches will no legit competition, let's hope he make the most of it.
Im just confused how you could look at yesterdays game and see anything negative from it? I mean he had 83 yards receiving and a touchdown running up the middle at the goal line (which you say is a weakness of his). He had 128 all purpose yards on 18 touches. All he has done is improve, on an absolutely awful offense. Mind you this was against a great defense. I just think its time we all look at him a little differently and realize he may have been someone many of us missed on. If he can play like this vs the ravens on less than 20 touches then imagine what he can do if he begins to get 25 total touches?
There is a down side to this. Less efficiency and getting banged up, or hurt. Not sure how he would handle it, he's never been exposed to it. I like the player a lot, but just got a pretty good offer for him come my way, so I may be off the train....and I just got on last stop. :lol:

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:01 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:47 pm
They will add more talent compared to what they have now. Through FA or the draft. I was just offered a late first, 2nd and a 2022 2nd, in a SF/TE premium, and thinking I'm going to cash out. This is a bad offense, and I just don't trust the player all that much. He's a committee back IMO. Not a primary back. I think he can produce RB 2 numbers, but I think for that price I may cash out. I do like the player, but turned Akers and a 2nd into Gibson and a first, and now getting this makes it a pretty good value again. I may miss out, but I am leaning towards cashing out.
Do it, you clearly don’t particularly like the guy.

You won’t be getting an RB with elite physical attributes, a duel threat skillset, top 70 draft capital, and RB2 production from day 1 with any of those picks though. Might snag yourself a decent day 2 WR that takes a year or two to crack your starting lineup though.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:07 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:01 pm

You won’t be getting an RB with elite physical attributes, a duel threat skillset, top 70 draft capital, and RB2 production from day 1 with any of those picks though. Might snag yourself a decent day 2 WR that takes a year or two to crack your starting lineup though.
We'll see. In a SF, TE premium, that adds value. I might try and hit him up for a bit more, he seems to really want him. There is at least one top tier TE this year, and 3 QB's that are going to go early. I clearly stated I like the player OK, but not sure I see the upside some do. Seems some around here think he's some 320 touch superstar in the making, and I don't see that. I see a very good committee (tandem) RB who can catch passes, and be a solid RB2. Maybe even high end RB2 at some point.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:10 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:07 pm

We'll see. In a SF, TE premium, that adds value. I might try and hit him up for a bit more, he seems to really want him. There is at least one top tier TE this year, and 3 QB's that are going to go early. I clearly stated I like the player OK, but not sure I see the upside some do. Seems some around here think he's some 320 touch superstar in the making, and I don't see that.
If you think some people think he’s a 320 touch superstar, why sell for a late first and a couple dart throws? If you think people think he’s a 320 touch superstar, you should be looking for 2-3 firsts +.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:15 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:10 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:07 pm

We'll see. In a SF, TE premium, that adds value. I might try and hit him up for a bit more, he seems to really want him. There is at least one top tier TE this year, and 3 QB's that are going to go early. I clearly stated I like the player OK, but not sure I see the upside some do. Seems some around here think he's some 320 touch superstar in the making, and I don't see that.
If you think some people think he’s a 320 touch superstar, why sell for a late first and a couple dart throws? If you think people think he’s a 320 touch superstar, you should be looking for 2-3 firsts +.
I mean, based on this board. Not getting that vibe in the league I have him in. Don't think anybody in their right mind would pay that right now. I still don't consider Gibson all that established yet. He looks like an average runner, but can be explosive in space. I'd be shocked if anybody would pay 2, let along 3, and I think the days where anybody pays more than 3 firsts for a player are almost gone. Very rare to see that happen, these days.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:15 pm

I'd like to flip him myself, but I'd prefer to go for known talent as a return instead of late 1sts and random picks.

My question is what do you throw out that isn't an insulting offer? DJ Moore is currently down, but offering for him straight up doesn't feel right?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:17 pm

I think there is a middle ground between the 10-15 touch COP RB you consider him and a 320 touch stud, FF :lol:

Concerns of a bad offense, unknown quantity, and raw skills are there, I don’t disagree. That being said, given the fact that he IS raw and IS on a bad offense, I’ve been extremely impressed with what I have seen so far. Back in March I said his upside comp was the RB version of Deebo, and I have seen nothing so far that makes me think less of him.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam