Week 4 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Week 4 Discussion

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:12 pm Cards offense looks bad. Why aren't they throwing to Drake this year?
They didn’t throw to him last year either

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:27 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:26 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:12 pm Cards offense looks bad. Why aren't they throwing to Drake this year?
They did more than zero times in a game.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:27 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:26 pm
They did more than zero times in a game.
And his efficiency was terrible. Edmonds is better

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Ladies and Gentleman......Your first place (1-2-1) Philadelphia Eagles!!!!

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Cardinals are pounding Drake like he's a thumper this year. The only touches he gets are uninspiring runs up the middle and out where the Cardinals can't seal the edge. The run game is pee-wee level design. The most creative plays they have designed for the running backs have been going to Edmondsx where he is getting the ball in space.

I don't think that Edmonds is better than Drake, but the cards need to do a better job of getting the ball to both of them in space or the offense is not going to get better.

And for the guy saying Drake wasn't targeted last season and was inefficient, here are his targets by game with the Cards last season; 4, 7, 7, 5, 3, 1, 4, 4. His ypc was 5.2.

DrAkE iS bAd EdMoNdS gOoD is totally lacking context.

That said, what a bleep disappointment. I thought Drake was at least a lock for targets every game and a similar run scheme to last year when I traded for him. There was no indication they would pull the plug on something that had worked so well.
Last edited by MFundercover on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 pm Cardinals are pounding Drake like he's a thumper this year. The only touches he gets are uninspiring runs up the middle and out where the Cardinals can't seal the edge. The run game is pee-wee level design. The most creative plays they have designed for the running backs have been going to Edmondsx where he is getting the ball in space.

I don't think that Edmonds is better than Drake, but the cards need to do a better job of getting the ball to both of them in space or the offense is not going to get better.
It's bad, even Hopkins YPC is extremely low, as is his ADOT. They really aren't looking like a very explosive offence. Kliff is very uninspiring. Kyler's legs are the only thing keeping this offence afloat. He's an uninspiring pocket passer, and Kliff's play design is devoid of much imagination or edge. They need a lot of work.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:53 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:50 pm Cardinals are pounding Drake like he's a thumper this year. The only touches he gets are uninspiring runs up the middle and out where the Cardinals can't seal the edge. The run game is pee-wee level design. The most creative plays they have designed for the running backs have been going to Edmondsx where he is getting the ball in space.

It's bad, even Hopkins YPC is extremely low, as is his ADOT. They really aren't looking like a very explosive offence. Kliff is very uninspiring. Kyler's legs are the only thing keeping this offence afloat. He's an uninspiring pocket passer, and Kliff's play design is devoid of much imagination or edge. They need a lot of work.
Worst move I've made in dynasty I've made. Honestly the only blunder I've made and its costing big right now. I would love be an "Edmonds is better" guy, because I have him too, but the problem is the offense as a whole. Put Chase in the situations Drake is in and I haven't seen anything from him to expect a better outcome. The play designs are seriously like the ones I ran in pee wee football.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:00 pm

I wasn’t exactly studying the Cardinals last year but I don’t think they’re using him that much differently this year. From what I remember. Many of his big runs came up the middle where he just runs full speed at the LOS and last year the holes were there to make him look good. Clearly that’s not happening this year and he’s turned back into what we thought he was. If you look at his YPR it was awful, much worse than DJs was who everyone says was completely washed. So Edmonds usage in that area is not surprising at all.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 pm

"And for the guy saying Drake wasn't targeted last season and was inefficient, here are his targets by game with the Cards last season; 4, 7, 7, 5, 3, 1, 4, 4. His ypc was 5.2."

Idk what else to say to that

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:08 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 pm "And for the guy saying Drake wasn't targeted last season and was inefficient, here are his targets by game with the Cards last season; 4, 7, 7, 5, 3, 1, 4, 4. His ypc was 5.2."

Idk what else to say to that
Oh I thought you were making fun of the guy who said that before but that guy was you.

I made mention of his efficiency through the air, not on the ground.

That’s like 4 targets a game. Thats... not exactly a lot lol

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 pm

I was actually watching 2019 Drake highlight earlier to see what's going wrong. You're right there were more holes for him to run through, but he was pretty good when he got to the 2nd level, so it wasn't like he just hit the turbo button and ran with it. Some of his better plays came off the option, designed screens, draws, and putting him in motion. I haven't seen those looks go anywhere but to Chase this season. I even saw Drake score a TD on the exact same play that went to Edmonds today. He is getting the money looks, making him look good.

For the record, I'm not making excuses for the guy because he's been absolutely terrible. But I think putting it on Drake and saying Edmonds is better is shortsighted. I haven't seen anything from Chase to believe he would do any better with those looks. The Cardinals offense as a whole looks vanilla right now.
Last edited by MFundercover on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Unfortunately this type of thing happens ALL the time. Remember when Jeremy Hill was a f’ing GOD for a year?

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:25 pm

I dont think were going to agree. Jeremy Hill had 3 good seasons and flamed out with injuries. Drake is being used as a thumper which doesnt suit his play style.

Edit: Not to make excuses. He has had some chances this year, but hasn't shown the juice he did last year. Idk if it's a mental or physical thing with him right now. Even if I am right about his poor usage, he should have broken a couple by now.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:03 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:25 pm I dont think were going to agree. Jeremy Hill had 3 good seasons and flamed out with injuries.
I think you are mis-remembering things. Hill had 1 good season followed by 2 years where he averaging 816 rushing yards @ 3.7 YPC. I'd hardly call those "good seasons"

Doesn't matter, just clarifying.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:29 pm

You're right. It's been a while.