Postby trc » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:15 am

So were is his value at now??

Late 1st or 2nd?

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:45 am

trc wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:15 am So were is his value at now??

Late 1st or 2nd?
I don’t know what people are willing to give, but there’s no chance I would sell for a 2nd. I probably wouldn’t sell for a late first either as a competing team using his production. He was a first round rookie pick a year ago and now he’s paying off.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dynamic Dude Darrell Henderson's Didactic Discotech

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:06 am

themburns wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:49 am petition to rename this thread: Dynamic Dude Darrell Henderson's Didactic Discotech
Done

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 am

TheNuts wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:17 pm
A 2nd round pick on a running back like Akers is a wasted move. There are plenty of running backs available for cheap instead of spending a valuable pick on one.
Hindsight is always 20/20.

McVay is a HC who uses the run to set up the pass. If LAR would have gone into the season with a mediocre RB like Brown and a complete wildcard like Henderson at RB and then with a depth add like you are suggesting, and then Henderson face planted, the Rams would have been staring at a bad year.

Now McVay has the luxury of not one but 2 talented RBs on rookie contracts and can scheme games exactly the way he wants and it is showing in the success they are having this year. Akers can grow into the position, which it appears he needs to do. And going into next year, he’ll have the RB position sewn up and can address other concerns with his top picks.

IMO, it was actually pretty savvy on his and the Rams’ management part given how the season is shaking out.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Re: Dynamic Dude Darrell Henderson's Didactic Discotech

Postby themburns » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:45 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:06 am
themburns wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:49 am petition to rename this thread: Dynamic Dude Darrell Henderson's Didactic Discotech
Done
Gracias!

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:24 pmRegardless of the outcome. Snead and McVay know more than you ever will about football, so go ahead and act for certain like you have a better idea.
FF, you know I don’t mean to pick on you, but this is a worthless trope that gets repeated quite a bit around here. I mean, isn’t drafting Dobbins ahead of Akers, or Mims ahead of Van Jefferson also insinuating that we know better than a competent-ish Rams front office? If you take Lamb or Jeudy ahead of Ruggs, aren’t you suggesting that you know more than Mike Mayock? Wasn’t taking Metcalf ahead of JJAW suggesting that we know more than Howie Roseman?

If your answer is to appeal to the perceived authority of an NFL front office, then why even play the game? Why not just go based on draft order? The whole point is trying to be better than the NFL at identifying these players.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:24 pmRegardless of the outcome. Snead and McVay know more than you ever will about football, so go ahead and act for certain like you have a better idea.
FF, you know I don’t mean to pick on you, but this is a worthless trope that gets repeated quite a bit around here. I mean, isn’t drafting Dobbins ahead of Akers, or Mims ahead of Van Jefferson also insinuating that we know better than a competent-ish Rams front office? If you take Lamb or Jeudy ahead of Ruggs, aren’t you suggesting that you know more than Mike Mayock? Wasn’t taking Metcalf ahead of JJAW suggesting that we know more than Howie Roseman?

If your answer is to appeal to the perceived authority of an NFL front office, then why even play the game? Why not just go based on draft order? The whole point is trying to be better than the NFL at identifying these players.
Well, it's kind of amusing people are writing off a draft pick after 1 game played, as if it's a fact. My point is, they are acting like they know more than these people, and I'm pointing out that they don't. Are McVay and Snead infallible? Nope. Lets not act like we know they've made a terrible blunder with no evidence of that, because said poster knows better somehow. It's the finality of the assertion I am really taking issue with. At this point, to claim Akers is a wasted pick is just ridiculous. I'm not even that high on Akers, but I don't know that he won't succeed to some degree.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 am

That’s not necessarily true. Desirable NFL traits, while at times in line with desirable FF traits, also can also be very different. A WR with strong blocking skills may have great appeal to a team with a run first philosophy, so that they are willing to sacrifice some higher level receiving skills because he fits their system better. That’s definitely true when considering TEs. And of course blocking has absolutely no value in FF for players.

ST ability can be the same way. If a guy can play all 4 kick units well, that has huge value to NFL teams but only marginal FF value and only if leagues score return yards and/or are IDP leagues that score ST tackles.

So while I agree that FFers do try to out-think NFL coaches on player traits that affect FF leagues and can be right more than a little bit, there are divergent NFL characteristics that have great value to NFL teams and little to no value to FFers, and those can be deciding factors on draft day.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:55 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:35 am

That’s not necessarily true. Desirable NFL traits, while at times in line with desirable FF traits, also can also be very different. A WR with strong blocking skills may have great appeal to a team with a run first philosophy, so that they are willing to sacrifice some higher level receiving skills because he fits their system better. That’s definitely true when considering TEs. And of course blocking has absolutely no value in FF for players.

ST ability can be the same way. If a guy can play all 4 kick units well, that has huge value to NFL teams but only marginal FF value and only if leagues score return yards and/or are IDP leagues that score ST tackles.

So while I agree that FFers do try to out-think NFL coaches on player traits that affect FF leagues and can be right more than a little bit, there are divergent NFL characteristics that have great value to NFL teams and little to no value to FFers, and those can be deciding factors on draft day.
Yeah that’s fine, and might be true re: Ruggs, but I’d like to know what NFL things JJAW does better than Metcalf. Sometimes these guys just miss, and sometimes we see it coming.
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 amWell, it's kind of amusing people are writing off a draft pick after 1 game played, as if it's a fact. My point is, they are acting like they know more than these people, and I'm pointing out that they don't. Are McVay and Snead infallible? Nope. Lets not act like we know they've made a terrible blunder with no evidence of that, because said poster knows better somehow. It's the finality of the assertion I am really taking issue with. At this point, to claim Akers is a wasted pick is just ridiculous. I'm not even that high on Akers, but I don't know that he won't succeed to some degree.
As I said before, it’s not writing off Akers’ talent or the likelihood of him becoming a good RB in the NFL. It’s about the idea that these are just not good value picks. Akers could end up a dynasty RB1- he has the size and the athleticism to do it- but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s still unlikely to be worth a second contract or give you a tangible upgrade in NFL value over what the Rams could have had later in the draft or for next to nothing in free agency. Plenty of teams fail to realize this. I thought that Pats wasted a pick on Michel years prior, and I definitely understand less about football than BB.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:59 pm

themburns wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:55 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:39 am
themburns wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:07 am

Still salty eh? I guess David Gettleman knows best. If you are playing this game without critiquing front offices and their strengths and weaknesses, you're gonna end up with lots of N'Keal Harry types.
Salty? About what?

They were talking about Les Snead, not the other bozo. And they were horribly wrong.

Their research probably consisted of looking at the pff grading and starting their analysis from there. Didn't bother looking at what actually happened to the oline last season. What getting linemen back healthy would do for the oline's performance. What experience the younger guys got last season and how it would help them perform better this season. In other words they failed abysmally in giving even a smidgen of accurate analysis.

Unfortunately there is no accountability in the media and that's why almost all of them wouldn't know their heads from their arses when it comes to football analysis.

What's funny was how confident they were in their useless opinion. Give a keyboard to a monkey and they would probably do a better job.
LT Andrew Whitworth turns 39 this year and is a year removed from ankle surgery. Who's to say he can play 16 games. As a dynasty player you should realize the trouble of integrating a rookie LT onto a competitive roster and the risk of an outright bust in 2021 and onward. (https://ramblinfan.com/2020/08/21/la-ra ... whitworth/) The Rams have an estimated -15 million (spotrac) in cap space next year when a drop in revenue could drive the cap even lower, and franchise LTs are the hardest thing to get on the open market, save for a franchise QB. You can get a running back anywhere.

PFF grades are used internally by most NFL teams at this point, informing their opinions and used as leverage in contract negotiations. Analytics are changing how this game is played and they are at the cutting edge of this movement. I think sometime individual player grades are wonky but the process is good.

I was pointing out to you that when you say that NFL GMs know better than anyone discussing these things, it is a way of shutting down conversation because you have no real argument, just an appeal to authority.
the rams drafted whitworth's replacement in 2018. they drafted two linemen last season. they drafted another this season. they are preparing for the future through the draft.

again, the "analyst" just looked at the pff grade and went from there. gave no thought to what was actually going on with the team. not sure how he thought a rookie lineman drafted in the 2nd round would be an upgrade over players already on the team that knew the system.

it was a simple and lazy analysis. it looked like it when it was published and it is hilarious when you read it now.

and i will laugh at that every time.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 am
Well, it's kind of amusing people are writing off a [draft pick] after 1 game played, as if it's a fact. My point is, they are acting like they know more than these people, and I'm pointing out that they don't.
:think: Seeing you post this is kind of strange FF. I agree with the line of thought. But this all factors into assessing the overall quality of the opportunity and again, prediction of behavior. I think what Bronco Billy alluded to was a great point. In this day and age it’s imperative to have quality depth where you make your bread and butter and for the Rams that’s the run game....I think the reality is that Cam is buried on a team that likes to run. The only thing that would change that opportunity is if he somehow proved to be head and shoulders above the other talent, or there was an injury. Until then, he is just another TV dinner waiting to be heated up like Dillon, Vaughn, and Swift. I think his situation makes him worth holding onto - not necessarily his talent alone.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:57 am

Real cool Brett Kollman video on the Rams running scheme this year. Short version? He's stolen a heap from the Ravens, particularly as it pertains to running motion at the snap.

Any issues in Hendy's vision may not matter as much if the scheme is this good. I mean... it's football art...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAW3LtZtcOg

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:57 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:59 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:39 am

Salty? About what?

They were talking about Les Snead, not the other bozo. And they were horribly wrong.

Their research probably consisted of looking at the pff grading and starting their analysis from there. Didn't bother looking at what actually happened to the oline last season. What getting linemen back healthy would do for the oline's performance. What experience the younger guys got last season and how it would help them perform better this season. In other words they failed abysmally in giving even a smidgen of accurate analysis.

Unfortunately there is no accountability in the media and that's why almost all of them wouldn't know their heads from their arses when it comes to football analysis.

What's funny was how confident they were in their useless opinion. Give a keyboard to a monkey and they would probably do a better job.
LT Andrew Whitworth turns 39 this year and is a year removed from ankle surgery. Who's to say he can play 16 games. As a dynasty player you should realize the trouble of integrating a rookie LT onto a competitive roster and the risk of an outright bust in 2021 and onward. (https://ramblinfan.com/2020/08/21/la-ra ... whitworth/) The Rams have an estimated -15 million (spotrac) in cap space next year when a drop in revenue could drive the cap even lower, and franchise LTs are the hardest thing to get on the open market, save for a franchise QB. You can get a running back anywhere.

PFF grades are used internally by most NFL teams at this point, informing their opinions and used as leverage in contract negotiations. Analytics are changing how this game is played and they are at the cutting edge of this movement. I think sometime individual player grades are wonky but the process is good.

I was pointing out to you that when you say that NFL GMs know better than anyone discussing these things, it is a way of shutting down conversation because you have no real argument, just an appeal to authority.
the rams drafted whitworth's replacement in 2018. they drafted two linemen last season. they drafted another this season. they are preparing for the future through the draft.

again, the "analyst" just looked at the pff grade and went from there. gave no thought to what was actually going on with the team. not sure how he thought a rookie lineman drafted in the 2nd round would be an upgrade over players already on the team that knew the system.

it was a simple and lazy analysis. it looked like it when it was published and it is hilarious when you read it now.

This is hilarious. The Rams website, Rotowire, and ESPN say the backup LT is 7th round rookie Tremayne Anchrum. Noteboom, the 2018 day 2 pick was moved to guard.

Looks like "the analyst" just looked at the draft results and went from there. Gave no thought to what was actually going on with the team.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:07 am

themburns wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:57 am

This is hilarious. The Rams website, Rotowire, and ESPN say the backup LT is 7th round rookie Tremayne Anchrum. Noteboom, the 2018 day 2 pick was moved to guard.

Looks like "the analyst" just looked at the draft results and went from there. Gave no thought to what was actually going on with the team.
the irony of that post is delicious.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:21 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:07 am
themburns wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:57 am

the irony of that post is delicious.
You. You're the analyst. That was your shoddy reason.