Time to buy low on Jarvis Landry?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Time to buy low on Jarvis Landry?

Postby Sfoster2625 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:41 am

Do y’all think he’ll bounce back this year or will he struggle getting 100%? Got screwed with injuries and the COVID postponement. Was thinking about sending singletary straight up for him to the owner of Henry and conner
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Time to buy low on Jarvis Landry?

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:37 am

he did not look fully healthy the first 2 weeks but he is also the #2 in a Stefanski offense so buyer beware

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 am

One of my favorite players in the NFL. I think Landry has been a buy low for most of his career. If you have the chance to buy him for a reasonable price, do it.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 am

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 am One of my favorite players in the NFL. I think Landry has been a buy low for most of his career. If you have the chance to buy him for a reasonable price, do it.
Not trying to be mean, but if he's been a buy-low his whole career, maybe his value is appropriate. He's not going to reach the value you're thinking he can get to.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:35 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:39 am
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:35 am One of my favorite players in the NFL. I think Landry has been a buy low for most of his career. If you have the chance to buy him for a reasonable price, do it.
Not trying to be mean, but if he's been a buy-low his whole career, maybe his value is appropriate. He's not going to reach the value you're thinking he can get to.
What he's going at isn't that his value will increase to a sell high but rather his production relative to cost will be good. Which I agree with

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:34 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:35 am
What he's going at isn't that his value will increase to a sell high but rather his production relative to cost will be good. Which I agree with
I'm on board with him being undervalued forever and bought him up in several leagues....I'm getting out while I can in the majority of those leagues.

Looking to buy doesn't seem wise imo. I know he likely isn't 100% right now but the targets aren't there and I'm not sure they ever will be. Obj, hooper, chubb, hunt and baker has disappointed. I'm sure he will have some good days, but his value has always been his consistency... For the price it's likely to take to get him...there are better or cheaper options imo.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:57 am

I get what you're saying, but I think his consistency has been underrated for a while. He's gotten 230-280 fantasy points (PPR) for five years now.

Situation and injuries might stop that this season, but I think his price has probably dipped enough the last few weeks because of the lackluster production that he's still a buy low. His snap count has dipped noticeably these three games. Not sure if that's injury-related or Hooper-related.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:35 am

What is buying low on JL, a late 2nd?

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:13 pm

mid-early 2nd I would imagine. He has a pretty established track record to not fall that low on 3 games

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:49 pm

He’s been consistently unappreciated as a WR2 throughout his career on terrible offenses. I wouldn’t trade him unless I was rebuilding and had a solid a chance to get younger with similar upside. On the flip side if I was a contender or needed more depth, I would absolutely trade for him right now in a package deal leveraging WRs like DJ Moore (or in your case Singletary) for Landry + . I wouldn’t send Singletary for him straight up... you’d be losing potential upside without gaining upside.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:14 pm

Agree with Landry being consistently undervalued. Not a guy that is going to win you a championship, but he just might be the piece that keeps you from losing one due to injury or stacked bye weeks. He's just one of those players that seemingly never puts up huge games, maybe 1 or 2 per season. He almost never gets shut out, always has a WR3 floor, and frequently puts up solid WR2 numbers. Great depth guy to keep around. A little bit disappointing so far this season, but I'm not ready to move on yet.