Rookie stock watch

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Re: Rookie stock watch

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Dobbins Was getting a lot of two minute work and third down work. They obviously trust him.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:57 pm Dobbins Was getting a lot of two minute work and third down work. They obviously trust him.
A conversation with my die-hard Ravens friend:

"Question for you, and putting any fantasy bias aside - But does it feel to you like the Ravens need to stick to one of the backs more so that they can find rhythm?

... cos to me, that Running game seemed completely disjointed tonight."

And the Running Game not being their to take pressure off Lamar was huge. None of this vaunted 3-headed monster broke a big one tonight.

"Exactly - and I just wonder - if they let one guy settle in to the game more, they might get that."

Honestly? GusBus might have been the better hammer early.

"Yeah. Big Truss hasn't looked spectacular. He's looked fine but not spectacular."

Agreed. Dobbins a maybe - but not road tested enough.

fin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravens fans, feel free to sound off.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:35 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:11 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:57 pm Dobbins Was getting a lot of two minute work and third down work. They obviously trust him.

"Question for you, and putting any fantasy bias aside - But does it feel to you like the Ravens need to stick to one of the backs more so that they can find rhythm?

And the Running Game not being their to take pressure off Lamar was huge. None of this vaunted 3-headed monster broke a big one tonight.

"Exactly - and I just wonder - if they let one guy settle in to the game more, they might get that."

"Yeah. Big Truss hasn't looked spectacular. He's looked fine but not spectacular."

fin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingram looks pedestrian. Gus has always been pedestrian. Not saying go to Dobbins and never look back, but you bring up a good point.

Credit where it's due, KC stopped the run very well. They also set up to contain Lamar well without bringing all out pressure. I don't think the playcalling was good enough to get it done either. And when it was good, the execution wasn't there. Some drops here and there, some bad plays by Lamar and some bad penalties. Can't make simple mistakes against the defending champs

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 am

Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:48 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:28 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:28 pm

If people are selling Swift and Akers.. I'm buying.

Adrian Peterson has to fall off sometime, Kerryon Johnson is not the answer.. and they invested a very high pick into Swift last year.

He's also already very involved in the passing game.

I'm going to give these rookie RB's a lot of leeway to start the season given the weird off-season... the narrative that RB's didn't need the practice reps was always pure conjecture.
With swift i feel like the questions around here were never about talent, it was about landing spot and situation. And so far unfortunately the people who faded him because of that have been correct, but like we always say, situations change, this one will too. Also the weird offseason does definitely need to be taken into consideration. And swift didnt even get a full training camp with the hip injury.
Has it been correct? Adrian Peterson is averaging 14 carries per game at 4.9 yards per attempt while sharing the field with KJ and Swift.

RBs have averaged 6 targets per game.

I don't think the situation is holding Swift back as much as the signing of Peterson has
AP is the situation and that situation will change. So far some of these top RB picks (Swift, Dobbins, Akers) are playing out how we expected. They are rookies and arent getting used due to the other talented veteran backs. Many of us who drafted them expected this so idk why many are fading some of these guys now. Dobbins and Swift have made some really nice plays when they have gotten the opportunity and they WILL get the chance to have more opportunity. Its only a matter of time.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:03 pm

Silly to jump ship after 3 games. It took 3 seasons for Henry to become the top 5 redraft RB he is today.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:15 pm

Dobbins, Akers, Swift...honestly, it's same cr@p, different season:

- Rookie RB gets dinged up or "struggles" early on
- XYZ coaching staff plays veteran and then stubbornly sticks with veteran
- (Hopefully) Rookie RB turns on the jets and takes over the job by mid-season

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:44 pm

Alvin Kamara's first three games:

- 18 rushing yards, 20 rec. yards
- 3 rushing yards, 51 rec. yards
- 37 rushing yards, 5 rec. yards, TD

Just saying.

Keep in mind that these rookies are playing without a true preseason, training camp, or rookie camp as well.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:04 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 am
Sriracha wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:48 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:28 pm

With swift i feel like the questions around here were never about talent, it was about landing spot and situation. And so far unfortunately the people who faded him because of that have been correct, but like we always say, situations change, this one will too. Also the weird offseason does definitely need to be taken into consideration. And swift didnt even get a full training camp with the hip injury.
Has it been correct? Adrian Peterson is averaging 14 carries per game at 4.9 yards per attempt while sharing the field with KJ and Swift.

RBs have averaged 6 targets per game.

I don't think the situation is holding Swift back as much as the signing of Peterson has
AP is the situation and that situation will change. So far some of these top RB picks (Swift, Dobbins, Akers) are playing out how we expected. They are rookies and arent getting used due to the other talented veteran backs. Many of us who drafted them expected this so idk why many are fading some of these guys now. Dobbins and Swift have made some really nice plays when they have gotten the opportunity and they WILL get the chance to have more opportunity. Its only a matter of time.
People were down on Swift's situation way before DET signed Peterson lol

But I think we agree more than we disagree here :thumbup:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:03 pm Silly to jump ship after 3 games. It took 3 seasons for Henry to become the top 5 redraft RB he is today.
It's mind blowing how impatient some people are.

Dynasty isn't for everyone :wall:
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:17 am

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:03 pm Silly to jump ship after 3 games. It took 3 seasons for Henry to become the top 5 redraft RB he is today.
It's mind blowing how impatient some people are.

Dynasty isn't for everyone :wall:
Ingram disappointed his first couple years at RB too. Maybe it's a Bama thing?

That said, I don't hold it against people for not wanting to wait 3-4 years on guys. Everybody's patience level and team needs are different, and the truth is busts rain from the sky, dynasty or otherwise.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:08 am

Let's be honest, most people draft RB's because of the potential for immediate production and possible league-winning production.

If an RB falls flat on their face (for whatever circumstance) it could be very detrimental to a team...so it's no shock that your patience grows thin. Championship windows close quickly.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:14 am

A month ago, I would have traded my 2021 1 and 2 for Swift. Now, I’m leery of trading my 2021 1 (projected 3-6) for him.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm

ManuManu wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:14 am A month ago, I would have traded my 2021 1 and 2 for Swift. Now, I’m leery of trading my 2021 1 (projected 3-6) for him.
I'm not a believer in "school XYZ doesnt make good WRs" or team XYZ "cant develop TE talent" but there are two situations I avoid - DET and NE RBs. NE too wild and Detroit just hasnt been able to run the ball since 1997.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:27 pm

fin

They ran for more than 6 yards per carry as a unit and none of them were under 4.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:35 pm

fin

Ingram looks pedestrian. Gus has always been pedestrian. Not saying go to Dobbins and never look back, but you bring up a good point.

Credit where it's due, KC stopped the run very well. They also set up to contain Lamar well without bringing all out pressure. I don't think the playcalling was good enough to get it done either. And when it was good, the execution wasn't there. Some drops here and there, some bad plays by Lamar and some bad penalties. Can't make simple mistakes against the defending champs
What am I missing here? They ran for 7.5 per carry including Lamar.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas