Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm

HENDO

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:46 pm

Time to activate off of TS?
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 pm

themburns wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:37 am
So in a thread where Henderson was given his last rites prematurely people are already doing the same for Akers?

You guys.....

Maybe redraft forums are for you.
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm i wouldn't give a 1st for barkley now. i want my players to actually be on the field.
This you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

God tier level burn. I'm applying calendula to my eyeballs after reading it.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm

mild wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:59 pm
So in a thread where Henderson was given his last rites prematurely people are already doing the same for Akers?

You guys.....

Maybe redraft forums are for you.
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:19 pm i wouldn't give a 1st for barkley now. i want my players to actually be on the field.
This you?

They don't call him themburns for nothing!

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm

This you?

how the hell was that a burn?

never mind, it's not worth it.

continue with your circle jerk.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm

how the hell was that a burn?

never mind, it's not worth it.

continue with your circle jerk.
Calm down
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:52 pm I'm starting to think I gave up too early on this guy, the way I did with Aaron Jones. I would not want to have spent an early first on Akers, right about now.
I gave up early and traded him for a future 2nd in the offseason. Mainly because he was called “fool’s gold” by our RB guru, I loss all confidence in Henderson.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20 am

Love coaches who get behind a guy who is playing really well for them and promote them enthusiastically.

DARRELL HENDERSON
RB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Rams coach Sean McVay believes Darrell Henderson will start in Week 4 against the Giants.

"I think so," McVay responded when asked if Henderson would get the nod among the team's trio of runners. "I think the more that he plays and the more he’s available, the better he’s going to get." Henderson, Pro Football Focus' No. 1 graded running back through three games, has been nothing short of sterling since returning from a hamstring injury, totaling 32/195/2 and 6.0 yards per carry the past two weeks. Benny Snell, David Montgomery, and Jerick McKinnon have all had success against the Giants' lacking front-seven this year and Henderson's results should be no different as long as Cam Akers (ribs) remains sidelined. Henderson will be a strong RB2 in Week 4.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:58 am

My concern with Akers was always his vision and his tendency to try to create on his own rather than take what the blockers game him. He ran into his own blockers a lot in college and would frequently cut back across the field because he didn’t like what was available within the confines of the play. I partially wrote that off because of how bad the blocking was, but there is definitely some risk there.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 am

My original take on DH:
Darrell Henderson - then watching the tape I noticed a few things; He doesn't make people miss right next to him, only in open space. He always carries the ball in 1 hand, never switching it around and keeping it away from defenders.... I think his performance isn't being dissected enough. His stats came on big runs, but when the blocking wasn't there he wasn't able to make people miss and get the necessary 3-4 yards on crucial downs. Once again, I think we have a power runner who NEED to go to a power system or else he won't be able to produce.
So much the bold part. The only way I said DH could ever be successful is if he was in a power system. He's not dynamic. If you watch any of week 2 or week 3 highlights, DH already knew where he was running before the snap even happened. There's no cutting, no reading, no finding the hole, etc. Just get the ball and go. That's his only strength. The Rams are doing just that. Bravo to the coaching staff.

I'm happy he's being used properly but I'm not buying him. He's a system RB, and system RBs are easily replaceable.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:10 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:39 am My original take on DH:
Darrell Henderson - then watching the tape I noticed a few things; He doesn't make people miss right next to him, only in open space. He always carries the ball in 1 hand, never switching it around and keeping it away from defenders.... I think his performance isn't being dissected enough. His stats came on big runs, but when the blocking wasn't there he wasn't able to make people miss and get the necessary 3-4 yards on crucial downs. Once again, I think we have a power runner who NEED to go to a power system or else he won't be able to produce.
So much the bold part. The only way I said DH could ever be successful is if he was in a power system. He's not dynamic. If you watch any of week 2 or week 3 highlights, DH already knew where he was running before the snap even happened. There's no cutting, no reading, no finding the hole, etc. Just get the ball and go. That's his only strength. The Rams are doing just that. Bravo to the coaching staff.

I'm happy he's being used properly but I'm not buying him. He's a system RB, and system RBs are easily replaceable.
Could not disagree more. I watched the runs from this year’s game and then went back and watched college tape again after reading what you posted here. I’m seeing classic one cut & go running. He exhibits patience moving laterally, and as soon as a seam opens he sees it and hits it very quickly, sometimes cutting against flow if the reverse seam opens. It is absolutely waiting, reading, seeing the seam, and then cutting quickly into it and then to downhill. It’s what I saw 2 years ago and what he’s done this year is completely consistent with that.

Interesting that we’re seeing such different runners in watching the same guy.

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:20 am

On 40% of the Rams run plays in 2019, they ran outside zones. In 2018, they led the NFL in outside zones ran. Darrell Henderson averaged over 10 YPC in college running outside zones. Is that a new fancy name for a power blocking scheme?

I'm happy he's being used properly as well. With 18-20 touches a game.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:42 am

how do I re-tweet the last 2 posts?

lol @ "stats came on big runs" when a guy averaged 9ypc and they were all big runs

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:10 am

Could not disagree more. I watched the runs from this year’s game and then went back and watched college tape again after reading what you posted here. I’m seeing classic one cut & go running. He exhibits patience moving laterally, and as soon as a seam opens he sees it and hits it very quickly, sometimes cutting against flow if the reverse seam opens. It is absolutely waiting, reading, seeing the seam, and then cutting quickly into it and then to downhill. It’s what I saw 2 years ago and what he’s done this year is completely consistent with that.

Interesting that we’re seeing such different runners in watching the same guy.
Well I should have watched more than just the Bills game. The Bills game is filled with power. The Eagles game is basically all zone. I watched the Bills highlights and just assumed the Eagles game was more of the same. Are you watching the Eagles highlights and not the Bills by chance? Every single one of these runs are power: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Luapf ... illyPhilly

And then every single run with the Eagles was zone. So I was wrong. He did run some great zone plays vs the Eagles. I still give most of the credit to the offensive line and coaching staff... but I gotta admit, Henderson knew cutback lanes would be there and he was ready. He looked fast and powerful. I didn't see him avoid tacklers at the line or create space, but there definitely was improvements.

I guess there's hope afterall.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:29 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20 am Love coaches who get behind a guy who is playing really well for them and promote them enthusiastically.

DARRELL HENDERSON
RB, LOS ANGELES RAMS

Rams coach Sean McVay believes Darrell Henderson will start in Week 4 against the Giants.

"I think so," McVay responded when asked if Henderson would get the nod among the team's trio of runners. "I think the more that he plays and the more he’s available, the better he’s going to get." Henderson, Pro Football Focus' No. 1 graded running back through three games, has been nothing short of sterling since returning from a hamstring injury, totaling 32/195/2 and 6.0 yards per carry the past two weeks. Benny Snell, David Montgomery, and Jerick McKinnon have all had success against the Giants' lacking front-seven this year and Henderson's results should be no different as long as Cam Akers (ribs) remains sidelined. Henderson will be a strong RB2 in Week 4.
can't tell if sarcasm
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble