fantasy impact of coronavirus

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: fantasy impact of coronavirus

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:48 pm Thought I would bump this quickly. Have to admit I'm surprised with how well the NFL has done so far. I know that the regular season will have new challenges but so far so good. Maybe we can actually have a real fantasy football season
I agree. I think the NFL would've been dumped on if they didn't have such strong results. But, because everything's going well, ppl say nothing.

One of my concerns was the agreement with the NFLPA specified the testing for coronavirus would drop from daily to less frequently, I think once a week, once the season started. I was glad when that was changed to daily testing. I believe it was agreed no testing on gameday, however.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:27 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:08 pm
abloom wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:48 pm Thought I would bump this quickly. Have to admit I'm surprised with how well the NFL has done so far. I know that the regular season will have new challenges but so far so good. Maybe we can actually have a real fantasy football season
I agree. I think the NFL would've been dumped on if they didn't have such strong results. But, because everything's going well, ppl say nothing.

One of my concerns was the agreement with the NFLPA specified the testing for coronavirus would drop from daily to less frequently, I think once a week, once the season started. I was glad when that was changed to daily testing. I believe it was agreed no testing on gameday, however.
I 100% agree about the daily testing. I believe the reason that they don't test on gameday is because they aren't using the saliva test (atleast I haven't seen anything about it). So I assume they are still using the nasal swabs, which I believe have a wait time for the results still, so even if they tested on gameday they wouldn't have results for X number of days. 6 out of 7 days should be enough also.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:08 am

Unless they're hiding the real numbers, I'm very impressed so far. I really hope this success rate continues and we have a normal season. I need it.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:50 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:08 am Unless they're hiding the real numbers, I'm very impressed so far. I really hope this success rate continues and we have a normal season. I need it.
I agree brother! I am stoked and ready for some ball. I am pleasantly surprised. Best of luck this season all!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 am

I think the real test will come later in the season. Right now all of these guys are motivated to play and have hopes of a winning season (except that one rookie who was more worried about chasing tail). In about 8 weeks when there's a couple teams mathematically eliminated, are all 53 guys going to be motivated to obide by the policies in place?

The NBA had it easy. Only teams who were in the hunt were in the bubble. The NFL is going to be dealing with not only the playoff bound teams, but the bottom of the barrel as well.

The daily testing will be huge later in the season, so let's hope they maintain the current practices.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:11 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 am I think the real test will come later in the season. Right now all of these guys are motivated to play and have hopes of a winning season (except that one rookie who was more worried about chasing tail). In about 8 weeks when there's a couple teams mathematically eliminated, are all 53 guys going to be motivated to obide by the policies in place?

The NBA had it easy. Only teams who were in the hunt were in the bubble. The NFL is going to be dealing with not only the playoff bound teams, but the bottom of the barrel as well.

The daily testing will be huge later in the season, so let's hope they maintain the current practices.
They still need to put good film out there for their next contracts or to maintain their roster spots, and demonstrate to their team and the league that they are professionals who can be counted on and invested in, just like every other year. There's obviously always going to be idiots in the NFL throwing their careers away, but for the most part I don't think it's going to be a massive issue. I think we're more likely to miss games due to another round of boycotts and civil unrest than due to COVID.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:16 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:11 am
CGW wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 am I think the real test will come later in the season. Right now all of these guys are motivated to play and have hopes of a winning season (except that one rookie who was more worried about chasing tail). In about 8 weeks when there's a couple teams mathematically eliminated, are all 53 guys going to be motivated to obide by the policies in place?

They still need to put good film out there for their next contracts or to maintain their roster spots, and demonstrate to their team and the league that they are professionals who can be counted on and invested in, just like every other year. There's obviously always going to be idiots in the NFL throwing their careers away, but for the most part I don't think it's going to be a massive issue. I think we're more likely to miss games due to another round of boycotts and civil unrest than due to COVID.
Lets hope not!
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:57 am

Another good sign is that so far 1000 high school games have been played and there have been no reports of spread from the games. Now I KNOW high school kids are different from grown men, we think the transmission rate for high schoolers may be less as well and they are much more prone to be asymptomatic than the older 27-32 year old vets in the NFL will be, also testing is different. Still a good sign nonetheless and perhaps football in its essence isnt as prone to spread as we once thought.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:57 am Another good sign is that so far 1000 high school games have been played and there have been no reports of spread from the games. Now I KNOW high school kids are different from grown men, we think the transmission rate for high schoolers may be less as well and they are much more prone to be asymptomatic than the older 27-32 year old vets in the NFL will be, also testing is different. Still a good sign nonetheless and perhaps football in its essence isnt as prone to spread as we once thought.
It still is, but what you do outside of the sport is what determines it.

If you're being responsible, wearing a mask, social distancing, washing hands, and watching who you hang out with outside of work, then you won't create any issues. Also, every team has been great with following these procedures at their HQ.

It's definitely a welcome surprise so far though.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:26 am

I took my 2 daughters to get tested yesterday (as the youngest one had a cough, and I assumed school would just send her home next week) my eldest while being pissed off about having to get tested due to her sister's cough looked at me and asked if we test positive, does she have to tell the guy she was kissing last week? So much for any social distancing, and btw if your sister has it, its likely due to you.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:24 am

AJ Terrell out. Becomes the first player in season to be put on the list. Let's hope it doesn't cause a chain reaction.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 am

Here we go. Titans with an outbreak. 8 people including Staff. Vikings and Titans have suspended activities.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 am Here we go. Titans with an outbreak. 8 people including Staff. Vikings and Titans have suspended activities.
I'm assuming they didn't put any names out there?

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 am Here we go. Titans with an outbreak. 8 people including Staff. Vikings and Titans have suspended activities.
Hopefully it isn’t the beginning of the end. Would be surprised if they played this week, but they may just test everybody, isolate the positives, and continue with business as usual.

Worst case they cancel the game, best case is above
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:47 am

League has apparently ordered the Titans facility shut down until Saturday. High likelihood that this kills the Titans-Steelers game this week? Also the Vikings-Texans game if any Vikings test positive this week?