CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby remedy29 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am

Blueboy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 am Lamb's situation is ideal for him to produce as a WR2 while he develops his skillet into that of a potential WR1. He's gonna be ranked in the top 12 at his position (in dynasty) by the end of the season.
Totally agree. In a Dynasty format, to build a team, I find it hard to say I'd trade CeeDee Lamb for any WR. There a few that are his equal, but I'm not rushing to trade CeeDee for Godwin, who's tied to an aging QB or Metcalf (nothing really bad to say about Metcalf) or DJ, just no I'll take CeeDee. Everyone else who is preceived to be better, are older. I'm not trading away CeeDee's youth for an older WR who I view as near equivalent in fantasy points, possibly as soon as this year, and moving forward.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:24 am
Blueboy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 am Lamb's situation is ideal for him to produce as a WR2 while he develops his skillet into that of a potential WR1. He's gonna be ranked in the top 12 at his position (in dynasty) by the end of the season.
Totally agree. In a Dynasty format, to build a team, I find it hard to say I'd trade CeeDee Lamb for any WR. There a few that are his equal, but I'm not rushing to trade CeeDee for Godwin, who's tied to an aging QB or Metcalf (nothing really bad to say about Metcalf) or DJ, just no I'll take CeeDee. Everyone else who is preceived to be better, are older. I'm not trading away CeeDee's youth for an older WR who I view as near equivalent in fantasy points, possibly as soon as this year, and moving forward.
I wouldn't trade Godwin or DJM, or Metcalf for Lamb. Not a chance. Guy hasn't even played outside yet and proven anything. Has played 2 games. All those other players are worth more to me. I'd need a significant piece on top to send them packing for Lamb. Reading between the lines, you're essentially saying he's the WR1 in Dynasty, and I'd like to see more than a decent game against a horrible D, where 20 percent of his yards came after a play that should have ended the game (if the Falcons could play special teams). Lamb has been strictly slot, and I have no idea if he can win on the outside at all.

He struggled against a freshman corner against one of the few good D's he played in college last year. He was fine against bad Big 12 D's, but I am not sure he's a guy who can consistently win outside, so he may be just a slot guy, which is fine, as long as he has a superior WR in Cooper on his team drawing coverage, and a back like Zeke drawing safeties away from him. I like Lamb a lot, but he's the benefactor of a ridiculously good situation, and that's pumping up his stats. He's a fine player, but he's not the Dynasty WR1, or close to it, at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 am
I wouldn't trade Godwin or DJM, or Metcalf for Lamb. Not a chance. Guy hasn't even played outside yet and proven anything. Has played 2 games. All those other players are worth more to me. I'd need a significant piece on top to send them packing for Lamb. Reading between the lines, you're essentially saying he's the WR1 in Dynasty, and I'd like to see more than a decent game against a horrible D, where 20 percent of his yards came after a play that should have ended the game (if the Falcons could play special teams). Lamb has been strictly slot, and I have no idea if he can win on the outside at all.

He struggled against a freshman corner against one of the few good D's he played in college last year. He was fine against bad Big 12 D's, but I am not sure he's a guy who can consistently win outside, so he may be just a slot guy, which is fine, as long as he has a superior WR in Cooper on his team drawing coverage, and a back like Zeke drawing safeties away from him. I like Lamb a lot, but he's the benefactor of a ridiculously good situation, and that's pumping up his stats. He's a fine player, but he's not the Dynasty WR1, or close to it, at this point.
X2 I'm all for bumping him to the fringe wr1/2 range but let's pump the brakes on making him the wr1 overall after playing two games.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:29 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:15 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:25 am

X2 I'm all for bumping him to the fringe wr1/2 range but let's pump the brakes on making him the wr1 overall after playing two games.
Matt Kelley has put him in the top 5, so a lot of his followers are going to follow suit, (and his podcast is probably the most popular out there) so expect the community to go crazy about him. Love Matt Kelley's site, but he doesn't know a lot about actual football IMO. He's too analytics based for me. I heard the take, and there are way too many assumptions made, including Lamb's supposed volume over the course of years vs some other players like AJB. I'm not willing to put a guy who's never scored an NFL TD in the top 5 after 2 games of his career.

Watched his catches vs a bad Falcons D. 2 manufactured touches around the LOS. One he just ran a route and the Falcons blew their zone assignments, one he definitely beat a guy in man vs man, and his last catch, he got away with blatant OPI, the big play that set up the FG. I really like Lamb, said he was better than Hollywood years ago when they were both at OSU, but I just can't put him up there over young WR's who have produced and proved they can win outside in the NFL, as well as the slot. Lamb has been 90 percent slot and has a ton of talent drawing attention away from him. If that changes, and he has to move outside, I have no idea if he can succeed.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am

Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:29 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: Terrible D today. I want to see him win outside. Not sold he can do that. BTW, by the logic being used that Lamb is a top 5 WR at this point, and the logic that James Robinson's UDFA status no longer matters, shouldn't he be a top 5 dynasty RB now? :lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:33 am

vflgladiators wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 am Honestly I think Cooper is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. Just my opinion but he is a purely volume WR with bricks for hands.
Honestly, you need to reevaluate. :crazy:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:29 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am Wait did i just read "Im taking Lamb over DJ Moore, Godwin and Metcalf?" I officially hate Lamb now. Nothing annoys me more about this community than statements like that. Lamb please go for 0 catches today :) :) :) :)
:lol: :lol: Terrible D today. I want to see him win outside. Not sold he can do that.
In all honesty he is my rookie WR1 over Jeudy, i do think he will be great but statements like that after 2 games are just insane. I honestly dont even know where they come from, how do people think these things? I need an explanation.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:43 am
:lol: :lol: Terrible D today. I want to see him win outside. Not sold he can do that.
In all honesty he is my rookie WR1 over Jeudy, i do think he will be great but statements like that after 2 games are just insane. I honestly dont even know where they come from, how do people think these things? I need an explanation.
Drugs man Drugs

That said he does look a bit like Hopkins the way he runs his routes.

Oh and if he can win in the slot he can win outside. 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:
Last edited by Ice on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:49 am

Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am

Drugs man Drugs

Oh and if he can win out of the slot he can win outside 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:

Well it kinda does matter. And I wish I had CeeDee in my leagues just so I could sell to doofs who have him above DJM, Godwin and DK :wall:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 am

Because I saw a sophomore CB basically neutralize him on the outside last year, that's why. His conference has powder puff D's, and when he played Stingley, he didn't do so well. I need to see it vs NFL corners. I had him over Jeudy as well, FWIW.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:56 am

Ice wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am

Drugs man Drugs

Oh and if he can win in the slot he can win outside. 15 ft doesn't matter. Its all about the route. :wave:
Well, in the slot, you have more 2 way ability, surely you should know that. Playing the outside is simply not the same thing, but maybe it's the drugs talking.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:58 am

As a DK owner id need a first and Lamb to even consider it, and again i like Lamb. But like others have brought up we cant deny that he has a WR1 in cooper, an extremely talented player in Gallup and a possible HOF RB on his team. These all matter big time for a rookie, and we have seen rookies put up good numbers in these kinds of situations before. Also Mike Mcarthy actually managed to make Randall Cobb a thing in the slot so the system does matter. Its a great situation for Lamb. Lets see how things evolve before we anoint him anything.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 am

Because I saw a sophomore CB basically neutralize him on the outside last year, that's why. His conference has powder puff D's, and when he played Stingley, he didn't do so well. I need to see it vs NFL corners. I had him over Jeudy as well, FWIW.
My post was directed at the "Ill take Lamb over DJM" statement not at your statement about Lamb not being able to win on the outside.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:03 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:59 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 am

My post was directed at the "Ill take Lamb over DJM" statement not at your statement about Lamb not being able to win on the outside.
Ah. Cool. :thumbup: