Does Anyone Still Believe: N'Keal Harry Edition

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Does anyone still belive in N'Keal Harry

Postby osubuckeyeman » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:53 pm

I believe in Harry for sure. I traded Raheem Mostert today for Harry and Darren Fells on a rebuilding dynasty roster. Fells was just fodder and another TE for insurance for Kittle. The roster listed below. I have a lot of work to do.
Last edited by osubuckeyeman on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koalabear
Captain
Captain

Postby koalabear » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am

He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
1. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE. Yr 7
QB: Murray, Stafford
RB: Dobbins, Sanders, Pearce
WR: Jefferson, Burks, JuJu
TE: Goedert, Everett
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2. 12 team 1pt PPR. Start 1 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE. Yr 6.
QB: Jackson, Allen
RB: Akers, CEH
WR: Chase, M Brown, Pittman, M Williams
TE: Tonyan, Hooper
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

3. 12 team superflex, PPR (WR/RB/TE 1/1.25/1.5). Start 1-2 QB, 1-7 RB, WR, TE. Yr 5.
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Brady
RB: Singletary, Harris
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Burks, Evans, Lockett
TE: Hockenson
2023: 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm

koalabear wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
I just acquired him and while i agree with parts of what you are saying i think we also have to acknowledge he is only getting better and has room to grow. I think he is gaining confidence and Cam is SOOOOOOOO much better for him than Brady when it comes to the confidence piece. Once the confidence is fully there i think we start to see what we saw out of him in college. I think he has only played in 11 NFL games at this point and its all been a weird situation for him due to injury his rookie year, Brady, Covid offseason, then Cam, so he deserves some time and again this year he has already looked better than last season. Arrow is pointing up imo not down. I mean he took a brutal hit early in the game last week and went on to have his best game as a Pat, that shows a toughness to me that just wasnt there before. We shall see.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:07 pm
koalabear wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:30 am He looks slow and goes down on first contact every time. I'd be looking to move him off of my roster wherever I can.
I just acquired him and while i agree with parts of what you are saying i think we also have to acknowledge he is only getting better and has room to grow. I think he is gaining confidence and Cam is SOOOOOOOO much better for him than Brady when it comes to the confidence piece. Once the confidence is fully there i think we start to see what we saw out of him in college. I think he has only played in 11 NFL games at this point and its all been a weird situation for him due to injury his rookie year, Brady, Covid offseason, then Cam, so he deserves some time and again this year he has already looked better than last season. Arrow is pointing up imo not down. I mean he took a brutal hit early in the game last week and went on to have his best game as a Pat, that shows a toughness to me that just wasnt there before. We shall see.
I think the hope of him being a true no.1 WR is kind of out the window. However that doesnt mean he cant be an efficient target, especially in the redzone, or that he wont be a valuable fantasy asset. I just dont think he'll ever be the 20ppg stud we all expect out of a first rounder, this is coming from a pats fan as well
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:50 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm
I think the hope of him being a true no.1 WR is kind of out the window. However that doesnt mean he cant be an efficient target, especially in the redzone, or that he wont be a valuable fantasy asset. I just dont think he'll ever be the 20ppg stud we all expect out of a first rounder, this is coming from a pats fan as well
Ya I dont think i see that either, especially with Edelman still hanging around for who knows how long. Its pretty apparent that Cam does like Harry though and thats very encouraging. I do feel a real breakout game is coming soon, dont think itll be consistent but i see one soon and i wonder what the reaction will be around here and with the Pats? The guy has taken a ton of bs from Pats fans, more so than other high pick rookies i can remember.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Ugh, why would it be out the window. The guy has played like 6 games or something. There is a reason he was drafted as the overall WR1 by the Pats and a reason the majority of the fantasy community drafted him as the first rookie in dynasty rookie drafts, while many other times, like this year, the top NFL pick doesn’t line up with the top fantasy pick. It’s too early to call him a bust or say he can’t be a WR1. This whole conversation reminds me of Davante Adams.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm

thebeast wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Ugh, why would it be out the window. The guy has played like 6 games or something. There is a reason he was drafted as the overall WR1 by the Pats and a reason the majority of the fantasy community drafted him as the first rookie in dynasty rookie drafts, while many other times, like this year, the top NFL pick doesn’t line up with the top fantasy pick. It’s too early to call him a bust or say he can’t be a WR1. This whole conversation reminds me of Davante Adams.
Because he doesnt have the skillset at this level. He's not quick, fast, or route savvy enough to alpha a wr room. That doesnt mean hes a bust, or a bad receiver. He's shown flashes of ability that makes me believe he could be 1k yard receiver, however i dont think he'll ever have the ability to lineup 1o1 on the outside against a top 5 corner and win.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Like I said early in this thread, never saw it, had him rated very low, and threw him off my board altogether when the Pats took him. Maybe he has a Brandon LaFell career... at some point. Get excited?
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:46 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm Like I said early in this thread, never saw it, had him rated very low, and threw him off my board altogether when the Pats took him. Maybe he has a Brandon LaFell career... at some point. Get excited?
You can see the talent however you want to see it but the way of thinking of the pats offense needs to totally change now that Brady is gone. Going to the pats now needs to be reevaluated and the fantasy community should change their thinking, especially if Cam signs long term.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:46 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm Like I said early in this thread, never saw it, had him rated very low, and threw him off my board altogether when the Pats took him. Maybe he has a Brandon LaFell career... at some point. Get excited?
You can see the talent however you want to see it but the way of thinking of the pats offense needs to totally change now that Brady is gone. Going to the pats now needs to be reevaluated and the fantasy community should change their thinking, especially if Cam signs long term.
I see your point, but I simply disagree. I don't think it's Brady, it's the Belicheck regime's passing philosophy in general. They don't typically care for big X receivers outside of a singular Hall of Fame exception.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Yesterday they did not pass at all (edelman had less yards than Harry actually) so while the box score may look bad, Harrys performance was not. He is beginning to do things he was unable to do last year. One of his catches was a big boy catch and was able to play strong and gain yards after the catch. Evaluating off of anything we saw last year isnt the way to go. He is getting better in every facet of the game and Cam seems to love him. He will be an up and down fantasy start like almost all Pats players but all i see is an improving player and im excited to see how much better he can get.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am

Loved Harry in college, and like most, liked him more than AJ + DK (still have exposure to AJB in other dynasty leagues, thankfully :( .

However, in one of my main leagues, I chose Harry at 1.05...and that is going to haunt me mentally for who knows how long. I'm completely done with the guy, and would gladly accept a 3rd at this point...if that's possible.

So far, the pick hasn't been catastrophic for my team but who knows where I'd be with AJ or DK. :sick:

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Re: N'Keal Harry will bust

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:53 am

tresskid84 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:23 am
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:12 am Wasn't NKeal Harry the darling of many in 2017 and 2018? I remember seeing his name a lot back then and how awesome the 2019 class would be...

Hmmm....
Lol, trading for 2019 picks was once quite tough, lol.
I remember it being much the opposite...people were looking ahead to 2020
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:03 am

Servo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:28 am Loved Harry in college, and like most, liked him more than AJ + DK (still have exposure to AJB in other dynasty leagues, thankfully :( .

However, in one of my main leagues, I chose Harry at 1.05...and that is going to haunt me mentally for who knows how long. I'm completely done with the guy, and would gladly accept a 3rd at this point...if that's possible.

So far, the pick hasn't been catastrophic for my team but who knows where I'd be with AJ or DK. :sick:
Yup, he showed some glimmers of hope a few weeks ago and i was staunchly defending him but its a no go now. Im going to hold because i can afford to but def not starting him for a while. I took him at 1.02 in 2019 but was thankfully able to trade for DK. I liked what i saw from harry in college but if im being honest i also fell for the homerism pick. All i know is Pats are going to absolutely need to now find a way to get him involved because this conservative offense is just not working.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 am

I'm going to chalk this week up to rust for the whole offense after all the facility closures they've had the last few weeks. There have been encouraging signs from Harry with Cam before this, but the whole offense just seemed off yesterday.