General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:07 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:03 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 am Ive seen it said on Twitter by multiple fantasy "experts" who dont watch the games and ignore context. Having Lamb start in the slot could be great for his career long term. Good way to get his feet wet and not drown him.

Id like to see him gain a few lbs if they want to stick him outside. His helmet looks too big for his body.
Yeah, most of those "experts" are just a bunch of charlatans. I don't bother with any of it. They provide little to no valuable information. If they say Ceedee Lamb is better than Cooper right now, you can just go ahead and ignore whatever else they say. It's a good way to filter out people who don't know what they are talking about. Either that, or they are just making hot takes to get replies and retweets. Too much of that, too.
I agree with both of you guys, he’s not better than Cooper or Gallup, “yet”. I also think he needs to bulk up and that’s pretty common with 21 year olds but that would allow them to move Cooper in the slot some, he would dominate with his route running.

As far as other rookie WRs go, I was looking forward to seeing what Jeudy looked like with Sutton out but not sure we will get the full picture with him being nicked up and Lock being out, although I’m not certain Driskel is much of a downgrade.
I think Coop will get in the slot more once Lamb is more comfortable on the outside, but not sure when that will be. I think Coop was the better college prospect, and obviously the better WR right now. Lamb is a big question on the outside for me. I didn't think he did that well vs top competition, but destroyed weaker opponents in the Big 12. I don't know if he is cut out for a true alpha role in the NFL, or if he is more of a big slot WR. If he is relegated to solely slot duties, he can still have a very productive career.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:27 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
Trying to hold back my bias as an owner, however idk if your necessarily being fair to the kid. What do you expect these "experts" to say? he was arguably the best wr coming out of the draft, and has proven it thus far.

He might be toasting slot cb's and LB's rn, but isnt that what good wr's are supposed to do? I'm not going to argue he's better than coop or gallup rn, but he's also a rookie, i wouldnt expect him to be.

I know your not new to this, why wouldnt his value be tied to what he can be, and not what he is right now? thats what dynasty is for rookies. If there is anyone in the world that values him less than a wr1 in dynasty they're out of their minds.

I didnt draft him as early as i did because i thought he'd turn into a solid wr2. I picked him that early because I thought he'd turn into an elite wr1. and if he continues to develop and improve, thats exactly what he looks like he'll be.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am

ThunderTung wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:27 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
Trying to hold back my bias as an owner, however idk if your necessarily being fair to the kid. What do you expect these "experts" to say? he was arguably the best wr coming out of the draft, and has proven it thus far.

He might be toasting slot cb's and LB's rn, but isnt that what good wr's are supposed to do? I'm not going to argue he's better than coop or gallup rn, but he's also a rookie, i wouldnt expect him to be.

I know your not new to this, why wouldnt his value be tied to what he can be, and not what he is right now? thats what dynasty is for rookies. If there is anyone in the world that values him less than a wr1 in dynasty they're out of their minds.

I didnt draft him as early as i did because i thought he'd turn into a solid wr2. I picked him that early because I thought he'd turn into an elite wr1. and if he continues to develop and improve, thats exactly what he looks like he'll be.
His entire point about these "experts" was he wasn't better than Cooper and people were saying he was. He's a Cowboys fan, FWIW. I don't understand why so many around here jump to such extremes. So if I don't value Lamb as a top twelve WR, I'm out of my mind? Come of it. People can value players differently, why such an absolutist stance?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:39 am

His entire point was he wasn't better than Cooper and people were saying he was.
Not exactly, he said "I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1." Which is quite frankly a decent valuation IN DYNASTY, because current production is not always a direct correlation to their value. For example Julio Jones is obviously a far superior player to Lamb right now, both for real football and fantasy, but I guarantee you'll have a tough time in a lot of leagues being able to trade Julio for Lamb straight up. So no Lamb is not currently a WR1 when it comes to production, but him being valued that way as a dynasty asset is not that far off if not completely accurate.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:46 am

His entire point was he wasn't better than Cooper and people were saying he was.
Not exactly, he said "I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1." Which is quite frankly a decent valuation IN DYNASTY, because current production is not always a direct correlation to their value. For example Julio Jones is obviously a far superior player to Lamb right now, both for real football and fantasy, but I guarantee you'll have a tough time in a lot of leagues being able to trade Julio for Lamb straight up. So no Lamb is not currently a WR1 when it comes to production, but him being valued that way as a dynasty asset is not that far off if not completely accurate.
No, he was answering my post about nobody thinking he was better than Cooper, at actual football right now, when he mentioned the "experts". His comment about Dynasty WR1 was a different point.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:50 am

His entire point about these "experts" was he wasn't better than Cooper and people were saying he was. He's a Cowboys fan, FWIW. I don't understand why so many around here jump to such extremes. So if I don't value Lamb as a top twelve WR, I'm out of my mind? Come of it. People can value players differently, why such an absolutist stance?
his entire point was delegitimizing the hype, and i just don't think thats fair. We all know things over exaggerated in the fantasy community, albeit i dont really pay attention to these "experts" if they're anointing him a hof already yea they need to slow down, however saying he's a wr1 IN DYNASTY is not crazy by any stretch of the imagination. to answer your question, yes. If you sold Lamb for less than a wr1 price tag,
i'd believe you are out of your mind
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 am

ThunderTung wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:50 am

his entire point was delegitimizing the hype, and i just don't think thats fair. We all know things over exaggerated in the fantasy community, albeit i dont really pay attention to these "experts" if they're anointing him a hof already yea they need to slow down, however saying he's a wr1 IN DYNASTY is not crazy by any stretch of the imagination. to answer your question, yes. If you sold Lamb for less than a wr1 price tag,
i'd believe you are out of your mind
Isn't that cute.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:06 pm

I am saying if he is being valued as a WR 1 you should sell. He might end up better than Cooper and Gallup. But to put him at the value he is at now because he is being schemed into good matchups is ridiculous to me. Its gone off the rails. And yes I saw numerous fantasy analysts already say hes a top 12 WR and already better than Cooper and Gallup, which both are false. As a Cowboys fan I am obviously liking what I see. But Ryan Mcdowell ran a series of polls on Twitter that pitted Lamb vs other WRs in the NFL. And I was shocked, I would have taken a lof of the players he beat in the polls over him. And in polls he lost he was close (at the time). If I can flip Lamb straight up or in a package for Moore, Godwin, AJB, Chark, MT, Hill, Arob, Adams I would in a heartbeat.

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:28 pm

This.

CD is now my rookie WR1 whereas I previously had him behind Jeudy but the driving factor is really situation. He's looked solid but unspectacular. Playing in the slot has made life easier for him and a lot of his production is coming on crossing patterns vs zone coverage. Not even a knock on him as he's been good just recognizing that he hasn't looked like some transcendent talent.
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:28 pm
This.

CD is now my rookie WR1 whereas I previously had him behind Jeudy but the driving factor is really situation. He's looked solid but unspectacular. Playing in the slot has made life easier for him and a lot of his production is coming on crossing patterns vs zone coverage. Not even a knock on him as he's been good just recognizing that he hasn't looked like some transcendent talent.
That's basically Cooper Kupps role, and there was serious debate if he was a top 10 or even top 5 WR in dynasty last season, I think everyone can agree he's more talented and athletic than Kupp. Even if that's all he ever does his entire career that's an insanely valuable fantasy player, and he's only played 2 games so we definitely can't pigeonhole him imto that yet.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:35 pm

I still have Jeudy as WR1, but Lamb is in a better situation with two better WRs taking away coverage and an offense that will produce a lot of yards and points.

By the time Gallup's deal runs out, Lamb will be entering 3rd year breakout territory (assuming he hasn't broken out before then). Lamb is a good investment to me. His floor is appealing and the upside will be pretty high going forward.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:02 pm
Chwf3rd wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:28 pm
This.

That's basically Cooper Kupps role, and there was serious debate if he was a top 10 or even top 5 WR in dynasty last season, I think everyone can agree he's more talented and athletic than Kupp. Even if that's all he ever does his entire career that's an insanely valuable fantasy player, and he's only played 2 games so we definitely can't pigeonhole him imto that yet.
Exactly. I got him in so many rookie drafts at 1.07 and took him over Jeudy, every chance I had. I think him and Jeudy are close in talent but I loved Lamb’s situation quite a bit more than Jeudy’s in Denver. If he can give me numbers similar to Kupp within the first season or two, that’s great value at where most people got him. Plus, I think he has upside for more, once he gains some weight/muscle.

vflgladiators
Captain
Captain

Postby vflgladiators » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 am

Honestly I think Cooper is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. Just my opinion but he is a purely volume WR with bricks for hands.
Team 1
12 team. PPR. 6pts all TDs. Long TD bonus. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1DEF
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Sam Howell, Kyle Trask
RBs: Rhamondre Stevenson, Keaontay Ingram, Kyren Williams, Isaiah Spiller
WR/TEs: Jahan Dotson, Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson, Elijah Moore, Rashod Bateman, John Metchie
K: Carlson, Boswell
DST: Patriots, Steelers
Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9, 1.11, 2.4, 3.1
2019 Champ

Team 2
12 Team Superflex. PPR. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 1K, 1Def
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Howell, Brissett, Darnold
RBs: Kamara, Mattison, L. Murray, Fournette
WRs: Chase, Diontae Johnson, Toney, Dortch
TEs: Kelce, Dulcich, Juwan Johnson, Ertz
Ks: Tucker
DST: Colts, Jaguars
Picks: 1.8, 3.9
2022 Champ

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:12 am

vflgladiators wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:59 am Honestly I think Cooper is one of the most overrated WRs in the league. Just my opinion but he is a purely volume WR with bricks for hands.
Dude has made 2 one handed grabs this year. He's had some drop issues in the past, but they are concentration drops. Coop routinely makes difficult catches. How is he a volume receiver when he's never had more than 132 targets, and 119 is the most he's had in Dallas in one season?

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 am

Lamb's situation is ideal for him to produce as a WR2 while he develops his skillet into that of a potential WR1. He's gonna be ranked in the top 12 at his position (in dynasty) by the end of the season.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert