CeeDee Lamb

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: Lamb inconsistent?

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:09 pm

spotxc wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:11 pm People acting like cooper is not going to be an issue cause he'll be gone or that lamb is that good are pretty unrealistic. Cooper just signed a 5 year, 100 million dollar contract and is only 25 years old. What makes you assume that just because they have the ability to cut cooper 2 years later, they would if he's only 27 and still producing as the better prospect that he was in reference to this class. 2 years later his price will become a bargain compared to the deals that are for top wrs. Convince yourself if you want, but arguing that cooper is somehow just gonna be gone or inferior is not a bet Id make to prove an unproven luxury pick.
I don’t see why Cooper is a concern if Lamb is actually as good as his billing. Even if Lamb is the “WR2” (hate these labels), we have seen talented “WR2s” outproduce the “WR1” all the time. Godwin, JuJu, Boyd are just some recent examples.

I feel like in the offseason, people get this idea in their head that WR1 = X # of targets, WR2 = less than X # of targets, WR3 = less less than X # of targets, and that every game turns out exactly like that. In reality, there are ebbs and flows. This guy gets a lot of targets one game, then less the next. Then this guy gets hot and leads the team for 3 weeks, then he falls back. Over time, the “WR1” ends up with the most targets because he’s just better, not because he is slotted into a position in the lineup that is designated the most targets.

If Lamb is good he will not be lacking for targets and production, with the offense he has found himself in. It is an A+ spot for now and the future. Top talent in a high powered offense, yes please.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:20 pm

1. This offense has been high powered for one season. Lets let it mellow before labeling Dak a top flight QB. People jumped to best case scenario with the LAR’s and Goff last season as well.

We still dont know if this offense is going to support 2 WRs let alone 3.

2. For all of the accolades Cee Dee is getting.... Cooper’s were even more effusive. The term “generational talent” was thrown around profusely. Cee Dee is a great prospect, but hes not bullet proof. Theres still a chance he doesnt end up being a WR1 talent at the NFL level.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:57 am

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:20 pm 1. This offense has been high powered for one season. Lets let it mellow before labeling Dak a top flight QB. People jumped to best case scenario with the LAR’s and Goff last season as well.

We still dont know if this offense is going to support 2 WRs let alone 3.

2. For all of the accolades Cee Dee is getting.... Cooper’s were even more effusive. The term “generational talent” was thrown around profusely. Cee Dee is a great prospect, but hes not bullet proof. Theres still a chance he doesnt end up being a WR1 talent at the NFL level.

Not on the level Cooper was as a prospect, agreed. Lamb's ceiling is capped. No other way to slice it. He's not going to see enough volume to be a top level FF WR for years. Personally I never though he was, though. I think he's a solid player in a good offense, with a solid floor, but not a great ceiling. Had he gone somewhere where he could be the 1, it would have been better for his immediate target share. We don't even know Dak's long term future in Dallas yet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:16 am

Im in agreement and disagree with a few posts here

1 Cooper is not automatically going to be cut in 2 years. Stop it. As long as Cooper is a team player and producing Jerry will keep loving him like a son. He will be merely 27 in 2 years.

2 Gallup is the real loser here. This pick pretty much means Gallup will be gone in 2 years. Next off season will be a prime time to buy Gallup for dirt cheap.

3 The pick was dumb. It was Jerry doing what Jerry does, aka seeing a big flashy name and not being able to resist. Why else would he draft alone from his yacht and tell his draft team not to call him during the draft? Also he probably was excited to stick it to the Eagles.

4 Cooper is going into the slot more. Cowboysfan33 mentioned here before.

5 Lamb is not an elite prospect but hes being viewed as one. Hes actually smaller in stature than Cooper AND Gallup. And he doesnt check every box. Hes just ok as an athlete as well.

6 Zeke is not a winner from a passing game perspective. Lamb will gobble up more passing game work which will leave less for Zeke. Also is McCarthy one that uses the RB alot in the passing game?

7 The only winner from this pick is Dak, IF he stops being a moron and signs a contract before any virtual off season program begins.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:43 am

Loved the Pick for the Cowboys! Cowboys had a great draft IMO.

They are replacing Cobb's 800 yards with Lamb and save some 13 million over Cobb's contract that he signed with the Texans. How is this not a good thing again? What a steal of salary cap move IMO.

If my team can have 3 potential great pass catchers on the field the same time sign me up. My guess is Mahomes thought that all last year as they destroyed the league.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:19 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:09 pm
spotxc wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:11 pm People acting like cooper is not going to be an issue cause he'll be gone or that lamb is that good are pretty unrealistic. Cooper just signed a 5 year, 100 million dollar contract and is only 25 years old. What makes you assume that just because they have the ability to cut cooper 2 years later, they would if he's only 27 and still producing as the better prospect that he was in reference to this class. 2 years later his price will become a bargain compared to the deals that are for top wrs. Convince yourself if you want, but arguing that cooper is somehow just gonna be gone or inferior is not a bet Id make to prove an unproven luxury pick.
I don’t see why Cooper is a concern if Lamb is actually as good as his billing. Even if Lamb is the “WR2” (hate these labels), we have seen talented “WR2s” outproduce the “WR1” all the time. Godwin, JuJu, Boyd are just some recent examples.

I feel like in the offseason, people get this idea in their head that WR1 = X # of targets, WR2 = less than X # of targets, WR3 = less less than X # of targets, and that every game turns out exactly like that. In reality, there are ebbs and flows. This guy gets a lot of targets one game, then less the next. Then this guy gets hot and leads the team for 3 weeks, then he falls back. Over time, the “WR1” ends up with the most targets because he’s just better, not because he is slotted into a position in the lineup that is designated the most targets.

If Lamb is good he will not be lacking for targets and production, with the offense he has found himself in. It is an A+ spot for now and the future. Top talent in a high powered offense, yes please.
All those players you listed outplaying their wr1s play a lot in the slot and have similar styles to coopers game. More reason cooper should prosper more. I like lamb but the argument for him shouldn’t be Cooper is gonna be gone or Cooper isn’t going to be good. That’s ridiculous.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

CeeDee Lamb

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 am

I didn’t see any other posts on here about him so far, but what does everyone think about him so far? I think he looks like the best rookie WR, even though we are only two weeks in and with our(Cowboys) porous defense, there’s no reason he won’t keep putting up solid numbers. Jeudy has already had several drops and is now nicked up and playing with a backup QB. Jefferson had decent numbers but I admit I didn’t see any of his last game against the Colts. Ruggs looked good the first game but the Raiders didn’t go his way much against the Saints and Reagor is injured. What rookie WRs do people like so far and what do you like about them and their future?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: CeeDee Lamb

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 am

He was my #1 WR in this years class, looks the part so far.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:41 am

He's in a good spot. Playing slot in that offense is a good fit. I think he would have struggled had he started his career outside, and on a different team, as well. I like Ruggs long term in Vegas, but Lamb was given the easiest path to succeed for Fantasy early. He looks like a very capable slot receiver.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am

His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am His hype is a raging inferno, and I need to throw a little cold water. Yeah, he is absolutely taking advantage of the opportunities hes being given. He is obviously talented and belongs on an NFL field. But this nonsense I am starting to see about him being the best WR on the Cowboys is asinine. They are hiding him in the slot often and he is toasting slot corners and LBs. Week 1 Ramsey was on Gallup and Gallup was getting the better of the matchup. Defenses have also been focusing on stopping Cooper, not Lamb. Id like to see Lamp post up outside vs a defenses top corner before I start anointing him. I have seen in numerous places Lamb is now a dynasty WR 1. If that is the case I would be selling if I can get that type of return.
Yeah, he's not better than Coop (who also went up against Ramsey), going up against top DB's. I agree. Had Atlanta been a half decent team, he's have had a 5 for 80 type line, not a 6 for 106. He's a good player, but he's a pure slot WR right now. I don't think anybody who knows football is saying he's better than Cooper at this point. If he was, he'd be playing all over the place, not Coop. I think people just get a bit carried away with their rookie biases. Nobody really believes he's better than Cooper at this point.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 am

Ive seen it said on Twitter by multiple fantasy "experts" who dont watch the games and ignore context. Having Lamb start in the slot could be great for his career long term. Good way to get his feet wet and not drown him.

Id like to see him gain a few lbs if they want to stick him outside. His helmet looks too big for his body.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:15 am

As advertised and then some. I'm actually starting him in redraft where I went RB heavy to the max.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 am Ive seen it said on Twitter by multiple fantasy "experts" who dont watch the games and ignore context. Having Lamb start in the slot could be great for his career long term. Good way to get his feet wet and not drown him.

Id like to see him gain a few lbs if they want to stick him outside. His helmet looks too big for his body.
Yeah, most of those "experts" are just a bunch of charlatans. I don't bother with any of it. They provide little to no valuable information. If they say Ceedee Lamb is better than Cooper right now, you can just go ahead and ignore whatever else they say. It's a good way to filter out people who don't know what they are talking about. Either that, or they are just making hot takes to get replies and retweets. Too much of that, too.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:03 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 am
Bot101 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 am Ive seen it said on Twitter by multiple fantasy "experts" who dont watch the games and ignore context. Having Lamb start in the slot could be great for his career long term. Good way to get his feet wet and not drown him.

Yeah, most of those "experts" are just a bunch of charlatans. I don't bother with any of it. They provide little to no valuable information. If they say Ceedee Lamb is better than Cooper right now, you can just go ahead and ignore whatever else they say. It's a good way to filter out people who don't know what they are talking about. Either that, or they are just making hot takes to get replies and retweets. Too much of that, too.
I agree with both of you guys, he’s not better than Cooper or Gallup, “yet”. I also think he needs to bulk up and that’s pretty common with 21 year olds but that would allow them to move Cooper in the slot some, he would dominate with his route running.

As far as other rookie WRs go, I was looking forward to seeing what Jeudy looked like with Sutton out but not sure we will get the full picture with him being nicked up and Lock being out, although I’m not certain Driskel is much of a downgrade.