Buy Low/Sell High

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Buy Low/Sell High

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:19 am

I'm trying my damndest to buy Dionte Johnson.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:33 am

How about a few sell highs? I’m listing guys that I don’t necessarily think fall off a cliff or anything. Just don’t think their value climbs any higher this season.

QB- Josh Allen- I love Allen, I’ll start with that. But even I think that his scorching hot start is probably unsustainable. An easy schedule coupled with a deep pass hit rate WELL above his norm equals a probable regression. The rushing yds are nice and will continue, but that also increases the injury risk. Especially with the way he runs, doesn’t seem to be much of a slider. Again, I love Allen and am not actively shopping him where I own him. It’s just I could see right now being the time you could get the very most for him, I’m not sure his value will stay this high all season.

RB- J. Kelley/ J. Robinson/ A. Gibson- again I love Robinson. All these guys are great stories and have been fun to own if you got in on the cheap. And all could possibly net you a 2021 1st right now, possibly more. At that kind of profit margin I would rather sell than risk the bottom falling out. I can understand holding if you are using them and are a legit contender. But the sell high window is definitely wide open right now.

WR- A. Cooper- not sure why I keep listing players I like. Lol. But Dallas has played from way behind the last two weeks, passing the ball A LOT in comeback mode. I’m afraid the target numbers fall when the game script isn’t so negative. A lot of mouths to feed in that offense. I’m not saying he isn’t talented or doesn’t still finish as a WR1 even. Just that his value may not ever go higher this season that it is right now. If you are rebuilding or looking to sell, it’s a good time.

TE- Jonnu Smith- he’s been awesome. But what happens when AJ Brown returns? From what your buy in price was likely at this/previous offseason to where it’s at now, pretty big jump.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:12 am

Feel like Deebo is a good buy low. It doesn’t appear like any WRs will separate themselves during his absence. If he gets healthy at a similar time as Garrapolo and maintains/gains on last year’s volume, he can once again be one of the most consistent WRs in fantasy down the stretch. An invaluable thing considering the injuries devastating the landscape.

Preston Williams too. He had two brutal matchups and dropped a touchdown. Averaging 6 targets against two of the toughest matchups in the league hopefully signals 8-10 targets on a juicy matchup.

Finally, Tee Higgins. This is the one rookie I’d be most excited about buying low on. He’s going to have an awful year this season but it looks like Green is near the end and the team would be stupid to draft a WR next year with this OLine.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:12 am Feel like Deebo is a good buy low. It doesn’t appear like any WRs will separate themselves during his absence. If he gets healthy at a similar time as Garrapolo and maintains/gains on last year’s volume, he can once again be one of the most consistent WRs in fantasy down the stretch. An invaluable thing considering the injuries devastating the landscape.

Preston Williams too. He had two brutal matchups and dropped a touchdown. Averaging 6 targets against two of the toughest matchups in the league hopefully signals 8-10 targets on a juicy matchup.

Finally, Tee Higgins. This is the one rookie I’d be most excited about buying low on. He’s going to have an awful year this season but it looks like Green is near the end and the team would be stupid to draft a WR next year with this OLine.
Deebo is a good one. What kind of price are you willing to pay? Are a couple 2nds too low? A late 1st seems like what he was already going for.

I'm guessing anyone who drafted Higgins is content to sit on him right now. But if you could get him for a 2nd then I'd be all over it.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:39 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 pm I just recently bought low on Mixon for team 2. Sent DJ, Lockett, a late 1st and a late 3rd for Mixon and an early/mid 2nd. Feel pretty good about it.
So you sent DJ...

Diontae Johnson
David Johnson
DJ Moore
DJ Chark...
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:41 am

briank wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:39 am
M-Dub wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 pm I just recently bought low on Mixon for team 2. Sent DJ, Lockett, a late 1st and a late 3rd for Mixon and an early/mid 2nd. Feel pretty good about it.
So you sent DJ...

Diontae Johnson
David Johnson
DJ Moore
DJ Chark...
Duke Johnson duh

AlbertaPrime
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AlbertaPrime » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:03 am

John Paul wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 am Has anyone seen any Sutton trades go down? What was the price?
At the beginning of the year I offered my two 2022 1st rounders for Sutton. The Sutton owner said he liked that deal and would think on it as the year progressed. Fast forward to a few weeks later and I'm going to make the offer of just one of those 2022 1st rounders and see if the ACL skews his value of Sutton at all. Y'all think this is a good play? The two first round picks seems kind of crazy right now, right?
14 Team/Dynasty League (Old School Standard Scoring) - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1D, 1K
Core Roster Pieces
QB: Dak Prescott, Geno Smith
RB: Josh Jacobs, Alex Mattison, Gus Edwards, Tyler Allgeier, Jaylen Warren, Ken Gainwell
WR: Justin Jefferson, Keenan Allen, Christian Kirk, Puka Nacua, Jayden Reed, Josh Downs, Rashid Shaheed, Pops Douglas, Trey Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Tyler Kraft

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:08 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:19 am I'm trying my damndest to buy Dionte Johnson.
Good luck. I own him everywhere and need a significant overpay. Best route runner on the team. Best separator in the league. High volume, accurate QB. He will be a top 15 WR. Flag planted.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:11 am

AlbertaPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:03 am
John Paul wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 am Has anyone seen any Sutton trades go down? What was the price?
At the beginning of the year I offered my two 2022 1st rounders for Sutton. The Sutton owner said he liked that deal and would think on it as the year progressed. Fast forward to a few weeks later and I'm going to make the offer of just one of those 2022 1st rounders and see if the ACL skews his value of Sutton at all. Y'all think this is a good play? The two first round picks seems kind of crazy right now, right?
Start with 1. Then add a prospect if needed.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

zacharyringer12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zacharyringer12 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 am

What's everyone's thoughts on Mixon? I recently bought him in a league for a late devy depleted 1st, Shenault, Irv Smith, and a devy right (can pick a devy player in the rookie draft), did I overpay? Was trying to buy low on him but not sure i did a good job

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:12 am Feel like Deebo is a good buy low. It doesn’t appear like any WRs will separate themselves during his absence. If he gets healthy at a similar time as Garrapolo and maintains/gains on last year’s volume, he can once again be one of the most consistent WRs in fantasy down the stretch. An invaluable thing considering the injuries devastating the landscape.

In a 16 team Te premium 2 QBs league I bought Deebo for a 2021 early to mid 2nd, my flex is rotating between Logan Thomas and Drew Sample right now so I thought he’d be worth waiting for
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:31 am

Buy low time on Kj Hamler may be closing in the next few weeks. He co-led the team in targets and got open nearly at will against a great defense.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:00 am

I'm buying Christian Kirk where possible. There are so many targets to go around in that offense that he is a likely candidate to see a high workload. People were hoping for the 3rd year breakout and might be trigger happy on the news of a groin pull. I want Kyler's weapons and see Fitz fading out sooner than later.

Laviska Shenault looks as advertised. If I could snag him without shedding a 1st, it'd be an easy call.

I'm selling James Conner. It might not end up being a "high" but so be it. I'd be willing to wait a week or two so it didn't look like I was trying to pass off a broken piece; but it feels urgent.

You should be selling Stefon Diggs around week 5-6. He has absolutely juicy matchups for the 1st half of the season. I like the talent but people are very love/hate with him and there will be a window after.

Cam Akers. I don't think it's anything particularly about him necessarily, but I hate this organization and their decision making. You're always going to be guessing. It's no secret I love Henderson, but he'd be a sell too if I could get Akers value out of him. It feels like the D. Freeman/T. Coleman split from a few years back but Malcolm Brown is worlds above Jaquizz Rodgers at RB3.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:41 am
briank wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:39 am
So you sent DJ...

Diontae Johnson
David Johnson
DJ Moore
DJ Chark...
Duke Johnson duh
Nope obviously de'ernest johnson

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 am

Minshew has been somebody I have looked into in mutliple leagues. I believe he has locked in the job and he is their future. There are many people still nervous and willing to move him for less than I value him at.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts