bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: What is Saquons value like now?

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm

hoos89 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:08 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 pm
remedy29 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:03 pm
League Winner? Isn't league Winner what Barkley is suppose to be? That's his value right, complete stud player.

I get he had a great fantasy playoff games last year, but I don't think he gets any added pat on the back for that. His 2019 regular fantasy season was sub par and his 2020 is a zero. What will his 2021 be? Top 3 RB, or top 15? That's a huge difference if your are paying top 3 prices.
I'm sure he's referring to Saquon's 30 and 40 point games during weeks 15 & 16. Saquon did likely win a lot of fantasy championships for his owners.
He won me a title in redraft with those performances
He won me a dynasty title, won 2 other titles in leagues I'm in and won a friend of mine a title in one of his leagues.

Barkley was excellent last year, he just followed the typical trajectory of players who suffer High Ankle Sprains, they come back before they are truly healthy and everyone freaks out about their "poor performance" and then later on in the year it's healed and they're back to their old selves.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Nothing profound to add to the conversation but I moved Nuk and David Johnson for Barkley and Manny Sanders. It’s a team that was decent but a year out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:32 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:40 pm
hoos89 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:08 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 pm

I'm sure he's referring to Saquon's 30 and 40 point games during weeks 15 & 16. Saquon did likely win a lot of fantasy championships for his owners.
He won me a title in redraft with those performances
He won me a dynasty title, won 2 other titles in leagues I'm in and won a friend of mine a title in one of his leagues.

Barkley was excellent last year, he just followed the typical trajectory of players who suffer High Ankle Sprains, they come back before they are truly healthy and everyone freaks out about their "poor performance" and then later on in the year it's healed and they're back to their old selves.
It's unfortunate, but I don't think Barkley's career will ever live up to the hype. Giants are terrible, and he's been hurt 2 out of 3 years now. Doubt he gets the big contract coming off an ACL tear, which sucks for him. More in the Dalvin Cook range for contracts, until he can prove health. Hope he can get a good deal for himself. I wish he had an OL and a competent organization, such a fun player to watch, who is being wasted in his prime. That rookie year was pretty sweet, but it's been a bumpy road since then. He's a really good player, but I don't think he's the generational back he was pegged to be. Certainly generational athleticism and ability, but I don't think he ever becomes that LT type level of producer. Just hope he can have a clean recovery from this ACL, with no complications.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Disagree, I fully expect him to come back better than ever and on a mission like AP, except he'll only be 24 instead of 27/28 and catches passes. The only value drop for him is the fact he's going to miss this year, but once the year is over that will be irrelevant and he'll be among the best RBs in the game again and continue his career trajectory. Yes he probably isn't getting an extension after year 3 now, although NYG may try to extend him anyway in an attempt to get a discount, but he'll just get it after next year. An ACL tear is nowhere near the death sentence it used to be back in the day, or an Achilles tear would have been, and he has no history of knee issues prior to this so it's not much of a concern for me. Unless one of the rookie RBs or Jacobs have a truly massive season this year I'm ranking Saquon as RB1 overall again next year and not thinking twice about it.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:53 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm Disagree, I fully expect him to come back better than ever and on a mission like AP, except he'll only be 24 instead of 27/28 and catches passes. The only value drop for him is the fact he's going to miss this year, but once the year is over that will be irrelevant and he'll be among the best RBs in the game again and continue his career trajectory. Yes he probably isn't getting an extension after year 3 now, although NYG may try to extend him anyway in an attempt to get a discount, but he'll just get it after next year. An ACL tear is nowhere near the death sentence it used to be back in the day, or an Achilles tear would have been, and he has no history of knee issues prior to this so it's not much of a concern for me. Unless one of the rookie RBs or Jacobs have a truly massive season this year I'm ranking Saquon as RB1 overall again next year and not thinking twice about it.
I completely agree with this take
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Offered Evans and Keenan for him in a 14 team league where I'm trying to start a rebuild and the Saquon owner is a top contender, it was rejected.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm Disagree, I fully expect him to come back better than ever and on a mission like AP, except he'll only be 24 instead of 27/28 and catches passes. The only value drop for him is the fact he's going to miss this year, but once the year is over that will be irrelevant and he'll be among the best RBs in the game again and continue his career trajectory. Yes he probably isn't getting an extension after year 3 now, although NYG may try to extend him anyway in an attempt to get a discount, but he'll just get it after next year. An ACL tear is nowhere near the death sentence it used to be back in the day, or an Achilles tear would have been, and he has no history of knee issues prior to this so it's not much of a concern for me. Unless one of the rookie RBs or Jacobs have a truly massive season this year I'm ranking Saquon as RB1 overall again next year and not thinking twice about it.
Yeah, that's fine. I'm sure he'll attack his rehab like most pro athletes do, with intensity and drive. To me Barkley won't be able to produce to the level needed to be RB1 in Dynasty, and it's not necessarily to do with him. I have my doubts he'll ever be the RB1 in a season, and the 2 to 3 extra years on a RB that some of these younger guys provide, if they stay healthy and produce, will probably slot him closer to RB 4 than RB1, so you will probably be able to get him. He's obviously going to be among the best RB's. Never said he wasn't. Just that he will never be that true difference maker like LT, and it's not really his fault. I think the Giants organization will keep him from that. As much as I like SB, and how fun he is to watch, I don't think he's the best pure runner in the game, nor the best overall back. He's a really great player, but he will never live up to the billing that some heaped on him, IMO. The hype that was put on him was pretty surreal. He isn't going to be that LT that some thought, who outproduces everybody else for years at the position, that's all I'm getting at, really.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:26 pm

hoos89 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:48 am
hoos89 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:48 am Offered MT for him straight up in a rebuild. Probably would have tried to ask for an add if MT wasn't hurt right now.

Also for those naysaying Barkley in here: he was a league winner last year for many people (although I'll grant he probably cost some a playoff spot with weak performances in the non-playoff weeks, which were probably related to the high ankle sprain).
He accepted pretty quickly...may have been able to get an add but still happy with the deal.
Guessing PPR? I was thinking of trying to buy Barkley with Michael Thomas+ (since we're very TD heavy), I think I'd have to add to the deal. But at least this gives me some hope. Team 1. in sig. I think it's time to re-tool things a bit with my depth. I like that trade for you.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:33 pm

A league mate just said that Saquon will be outside the top 5 dynasty RB next year. What y'all think of this? I nearly died laughing. "But Injuries"...
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:37 pm

This is the dumbest thread I've ever read. If you think a 23 year generational RB's value dropped because of an ACL tear, you are clearly new to dynasty, and should continue reading the forum before making any further roster transactions.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:39 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:33 pm A league mate just said that Saquon will be outside the top 5 dynasty RB next year. What y'all think of this? I nearly died laughing. "But Injuries"...
C-Mac still at #1.
Possibility that JT makes a push, currently ranked #6 on DLF.
Zeke probably retains position, though is a year older.
Brees-less Kamara will at the least be a question mark. Could go either way.
Clyde already a top 5 back.
Dobbins and Swift still need lots to go their way before they stake a claim, though both are potentially gifted enough with the right workload.

I guess Jacobs, Mixon, Sanders could all make pushes this year, but I don't see how you could look at any of them as more talented as self-contained assets.

So I guess, to your leaguemate I'd say - "I could see it, but I don't buy it". There's no way he's lower than 5th coming into the season next year imo.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:37 pm This is the dumbest thread I've ever read. If you think a 23 year generational RB's value dropped because of an ACL tear, you are clearly new to dynasty, and should continue reading the forum before making any further roster transactions.
+1 I have felt actively dumber for reading this thread.

Between this and the myriad James Robinson threads, I'm nearly fit to quit this place... toxic af. :thumbdown:

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:53 pm
Yeah, that's fine. I'm sure he'll attack his rehab like most pro athletes do, with intensity and drive. To me Barkley won't be able to produce to the level needed to be RB1 in Dynasty, and it's not necessarily to do with him. I have my doubts he'll ever be the RB1 in a season, and the 2 to 3 extra years on a RB that some of these younger guys provide, if they stay healthy and produce, will probably slot him closer to RB 4 than RB1, so you will probably be able to get him. He's obviously going to be among the best RB's. Never said he wasn't. Just that he will never be that true difference maker like LT, and it's not really his fault. I think the Giants organization will keep him from that. As much as I like SB, and how fun he is to watch, I don't think he's the best pure runner in the game, nor the best overall back. He's a really great player, but he will never live up to the billing that some heaped on him, IMO. The hype that was put on him was pretty surreal. He isn't going to be that LT that some thought, who outproduces everybody else for years at the position, that's all I'm getting at, really.
x2
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:02 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:40 pm
gogobradyarm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:37 pm This is the dumbest thread I've ever read. If you think a 23 year generational RB's value dropped because of an ACL tear, you are clearly new to dynasty, and should continue reading the forum before making any further roster transactions.
+1 I have felt actively dumber for reading this thread.

Between this and the myriad James Robinson threads, I'm nearly fit to quit this place... toxic af. :thumbdown:
Im not sure you understand what toxic means. We have beem extremely polite compared to many mudslinging threads ive seen. We disagree strongly but have managed to maintain a decent amount of respect. You dont have to visit any thread you dont want to be a part of dude. There are no assignments due.

I personally think the strategy side of the thread is interesting.

As far as this thread, again, i stroooongly disagree with Kurt, but, as for now, this is a free country where you can say what you want. And again, he didnt resort to name calling, just stated his opinion.

Not being able to hear anothers opinion, that doesn't effect you personally, without throwing a fit is actually what is toxic.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:07 pm

I traded Saquon for Adams. It was painful.