Is Vaughn a drop?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Is Vaughn a drop?

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:14 am

I’d advise caution in dropping Vaughn (and I am not an owner and did think he was being drafted too high). TB added 2 vets - Fournette is probably going to want to be paid a lot next year and McCoy is likely in his last year as a player - who could very probably not be on the roster next year. They also cut Ogunbowale, who had a lot of ST value as well as CoP value, and those kinds of guys have more impact to NFL teams than a lot of FF owners recognize (see Malcolm Brown for example), and Calaise who had some promise as a rookie.

TB sees something in Vaughn in that they didn’t hedge their bets and keep another younger guy around. Vaughn could be the only experienced RB on the roster next year. I’m not a particular fan of his, but with a year of experience and dependent on what the roster could look like next year, he could be a real sleeper. He’s not a bad guy to hide at the end of a roster or on a Practice Squad.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:14 am I’d advise caution in dropping Vaughn (and I am not an owner and did think he was being drafted too high). TB added 2 vets - Fournette is probably going to want to be paid a lot next year and McCoy is likely in his last year as a player - who could very probably not be on the roster next year. They also cut Ogunbowale, who had a lot of ST value as well as CoP value, and those kinds of guys have more impact to NFL teams than a lot of FF owners recognize (see Malcolm Brown for example), and Calaise who had some promise as a rookie.

TB sees something in Vaughn in that they didn’t hedge their bets and keep another younger guy around. Vaughn could be the only experienced RB on the roster next year. I’m not a particular fan of his, but with a year of experience and dependent on what the roster could look like next year, he could be a real sleeper. He’s not a bad guy to hide at the end of a roster or on a Practice Squad.
Jones isn't going anywhere in 2021 unless he is waived. At his rookie price, it's highly unlikely they waive him. I agree on not dropping Vaughn though, as this is dynasty. All it takes is a fournette injury and he's back into a role.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:55 am

Regardless of where you drafted him in your league, I don't think you should drop an RB that was drafted in the high 3rd 2 games into his career. Even in a normal offseason.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:59 am

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:55 am Regardless of where you drafted him in your league, I don't think you should drop an RB that was drafted in the high 3rd 2 games into his career. Even in a normal offseason.
Especially given that Bruce Arians isn't exactly rookie friendly as a coach.

If you are dropping Vaughn at this point you need to stick to redraft.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:09 pm

Fournette ruled out this weekend. Sounds like Vaughn might actually get his first meaningful snaps of the year. Our day of redemption draws nigh!
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:12 pm

This thread has actually led me to question whether or not writing off Vaughn is a buy low opportunity. I’m almost positive that 2 of those 4 RBs won’t be back next year. In my eyes Vaughn’s value and trajectory hinges on which 2.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)