Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:49 am

Ruggs and Jeudy already banged up. Edwards ate Lattimore alive, that was nice.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:52 am

mgscott wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am At this point it seems Carr only looks for Waller. It may change with more experience with the new WR's but neither seem viable for the near future.
That was what NO gave them. They played soft one on one against the fastest TE in the league. They never pressed him or doubled him.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 am

CGW wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:52 am
mgscott wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 am At this point it seems Carr only looks for Waller. It may change with more experience with the new WR's but neither seem viable for the near future.
That was what NO gave them. They played soft one on one against the fastest TE in the league. They never pressed him or doubled him.
Maybe Dennis Allen still getting paid by Raiders.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am N.O. secondary looked very suspect last night. Waller just carved them up. That LV offense & Carr spread the ball around by design, and honestly, I don't see a time in the near future where anyone would want to start any offensive player not named Jacobs or Waller. Ruggs has an intreging skill set but - the offensive philosophy there may put a check on his fantasy production. I see it likely that he will be a decoy used to clear underneath routes quite often. I dont dislike the kid but I am glad I didn't draft him and went in other directions. As always, patience is key & I wish his owners well.
That's not how they're using him though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:20 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 am Ruggs was playing hurt. You could tell. They also didn't use him nearly as much because of it. He was a decoy as much as anything last night. I just hope this injury doesn't linger too long.
And even then, he still got open for some potentially big plays. Carr overthrew him on a post route in the 1st quarter and he drew a PI a little later in the game.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:01 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:20 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:50 am Ruggs was playing hurt. You could tell. They also didn't use him nearly as much because of it. He was a decoy as much as anything last night. I just hope this injury doesn't linger too long.
And even then, he still got open for some potentially big plays. Carr overthrew him on a post route in the 1st quarter and he drew a PI a little later in the game.
do we really know how they will use him though? they won yesterday and Carr looks like he will spread the ball around to all his WRs ...except waller.

Even Agholor got some run and looked ok

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:03 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 am
JFever wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:16 am N.O. secondary looked very suspect last night. Waller just carved them up. That LV offense & Carr spread the ball around by design, and honestly, I don't see a time in the near future where anyone would want to start any offensive player not named Jacobs or Waller. Ruggs has an intreging skill set but - the offensive philosophy there may put a check on his fantasy production. I see it likely that he will be a decoy used to clear underneath routes quite often. I dont dislike the kid but I am glad I didn't draft him and went in other directions. As always, patience is key & I wish his owners well.
Did you watch the first half vs Carolina? That's the only time he has been healthy. At some point, Ruggs will be startable, but yeah, patience is necessary for now.
How is Carolina's pass defense? hence, my point.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:25 am

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:03 am
Did you watch the first half vs Carolina? That's the only time he has been healthy. At some point, Ruggs will be startable, but yeah, patience is necessary for now.
carolina is probably bottom of the barrell...with the Jets.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:16 pm

Carr hit TWELVE different receivers

Carr was smart and patient. Simply took what NO gave him, which ended up being monster gains for waller.

Ruggs will be just fine, they will have to start doubling waller and ruggs will get favorable 1 on 1 matches on the outside
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:17 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:03 am
My point is that Ruggs is playing through injury, and so was minimized in the game plan, also. Has nothing to do with the strength of the D.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Time for a reality check.

It is friggen CRAZY talk thinking the LVR spent a high first round draft pick on a decoy...

STOP IT; It makes you look bad. :crazy:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 am

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:31 am

Much more than speed, but A LOT of speed too

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:35 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:31 am Much more than speed, but A LOT of speed too
Came to say this. He's more than speed, but woah he's fast.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:11 pm

So anyone who watched the game please talk to me, the guy who owns him is in need of an RB and I've got a bunch but the 3 targets for 2 receptions is making me hesitate. Could be just his first game back from injury (will build chemistry) etc but generally I build my team around targets not boxscores, are we thinking this is just the beginning and he will get north of 8 targets a game or will it a boom or bust situation with big games like this? It's good news that his first game back from injury didn't really slow him too much apparently