Devonta Freeman Thread: Here we go ...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Devonta Freeman Thread: Will He Ever Sign?

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pm

tackling dummies wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:40 pm TB picked Ke’Shawn Vaughn at 76, the last thing I'd want to do is pull PT/snaps away from here for Freeman.
Arians drafted David Johnson at 86 and used him quite sparingly as a rookie in favor of a basically washed up CJ2K. Arians and Brady aren't overly fond of rookies, and I'm willing to bet Vaughn is no David Johnson. I can absolutely see TB bringing in an accomplished vet like Freeman who they can trust more than a rookie they haven't been able to see on the field at all because of Covid-19, and Rojo who showed he can't be relied upon last year.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:57 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pm
tackling dummies wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:40 pm TB picked Ke’Shawn Vaughn at 76, the last thing I'd want to do is pull PT/snaps away from here for Freeman.
Arians drafted David Johnson at 86 and used him quite sparingly as a rookie in favor of a basically washed up CJ2K. Arians and Brady aren't overly fond of rookies, and I'm willing to bet Vaughn is no David Johnson. I can absolutely see TB bringing in an accomplished vet like Freeman who they can trust more than a rookie they haven't been able to see on the field at all because of Covid-19, and Rojo who showed he can't be relied upon last year.
I guess Rojo is Andre Ellington in this scenario...
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:02 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pm
Good post.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:28 pm

DEVONTA FREEMAN
RB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians when asked about adding free agent RB Devonta Freeman said "If his price tag was reasonable."
Arians added, "He's asking for a lot of money and we don't have a lot of money." It's intriguing because the Buccaneers apparently don't view their backfield as complete. Ronald Jones and Ke'Shawn Vaughn are tentatively expected to form a two-RB committee of sorts, but Dare Ogunbowale could easily again function as the offense's pass-down back. Perhaps the Bucs roll the dice with another veteran free agent like Lamar Miller. Meanwhile, Freeman is reportedly willing to skip the 2020 season if he's not compensated enough.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
Jun 4, 2020, 12:06 PM ET

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:34 am

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pmArians drafted David Johnson at 86 and used him quite sparingly as a rookie in favor of a basically washed up CJ2K. Arians and Brady aren't overly fond of rookies, and I'm willing to bet Vaughn is no David Johnson. I can absolutely see TB bringing in an accomplished vet like Freeman who they can trust more than a rookie they haven't been able to see on the field at all because of Covid-19, and Rojo who showed he can't be relied upon last year.
Great post.
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:28 pmBuccaneers coach Bruce Arians when asked about adding free agent RB Devonta Freeman said "If his price tag was reasonable."Arians added, "He's asking for a lot of money and we don't have a lot of money."
Ariens admitting that his backfield needs help. It's also a message straight to Freeman. "If his price is reasonable" = "He would be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tomorrow if he would ask for a reasonable amount." It's like a public negotiation.

Freeman's response is that he would sit out 2020. That's a bluff. How would that work in his favor?

Maybe it's a good idea to buy low on Freeman. If he became a Buc tomorrow, tell me his value wouldn't sky-rocket. What would be the acquisition cost? A 4th, even? Worth it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:58 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:34 am
bjd5211 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:18 pmArians drafted David Johnson at 86 and used him quite sparingly as a rookie in favor of a basically washed up CJ2K. Arians and Brady aren't overly fond of rookies, and I'm willing to bet Vaughn is no David Johnson. I can absolutely see TB bringing in an accomplished vet like Freeman who they can trust more than a rookie they haven't been able to see on the field at all because of Covid-19, and Rojo who showed he can't be relied upon last year.
Great post.
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:28 pmBuccaneers coach Bruce Arians when asked about adding free agent RB Devonta Freeman said "If his price tag was reasonable."Arians added, "He's asking for a lot of money and we don't have a lot of money."
Ariens admitting that his backfield needs help. It's also a message straight to Freeman. "If his price is reasonable" = "He would be a Tampa Bay Buccaneer tomorrow if he would ask for a reasonable amount." It's like a public negotiation.

Freeman's response is that he would sit out 2020. That's a bluff. How would that work in his favor?

Maybe it's a good idea to buy low on Freeman. If he became a Buc tomorrow, tell me his value wouldn't sky-rocket. What would be the acquisition cost? A 4th, even? Worth it.
Public negotiation is a good way of putting it. I was thinking the same thing about Arians comments. As for his value, it's basically shot but TB would be great as he could potentially start (more of a chance than Philly) or at least get some passing down work. I'm just about done with Freeman being a dynasty asset though. If I could get any value, I'd take it

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:18 am

Going to try to buy, then sell when he signs somewhere. Acquisition cost is low. It may not work out, and it often may not in smaller leagues, but in a 30-32 team league, someone will likely be willing to invest in a RB with name value. Hopefully be a more fluid asset to more people than what i sell to get him.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:02 pm

The Bucs currently have roughly $5 million in cap space, and Freeman reportedly turned down a contract from Seattle similar to what Hyde signed. That was one-year, four million.

So something significant would have to change to make TB a possible landing spot.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:05 am

I seriously doubt the Eagles sign him. If they didn't pay Jordan Howard, who I would bet they prefer as he is a better fit, they won't pay Freeman what he wants.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:08 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:05 am I seriously doubt the Eagles sign him. If they didn't pay Jordan Howard, who I would bet they prefer as he is a better fit, they won't pay Freeman what he wants.
Good point. Howard even looked like the better back last year, though I guess Freeman still works as a pass catcher.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

D. Freeman....Here we go

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:54 pm

Well...I am almost certain Devonte Freeman will be getting a call this week.

Where do you think he will land?

San Fran
New York (Giants)
Carolina
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: D. Freeman....Here we go

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:03 pm

I'm not sure, but I'm skeptical that he makes any impact.

1. He's declined the past 3 seasons.
2. He's fought injuries the past 3 seasons.
3. The reason for a lot of these injuries is the condensed offseason training. So, imagine what a player who's completely missed that offseason team conditioning and has an injury history will fare.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:26 pm

For the money, he wants why would anyone of these teams take him?

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:07 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:26 pm For the money, he wants why would anyone of these teams take him?
he may have lowered his price by now
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:18 pm

osubuckeyeman wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:26 pm For the money, he wants why would anyone of these teams take him?
If the giants have a bad year gettleman might be outta a year