Loaning/renting players... do any of you allow it?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Loaning/renting players... do any of you allow it?

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:59 pm

RB6 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:07 pm The death knell for me here was the Care Bears link. Also, the excessive use of emojis really hinders an argument.
Care Bears equal anti-troll weapon?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:18 pm

RB6 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:07 pm The death knell for me here was the Care Bears link. Also, the excessive use of emojis really hinders an argument.
:x Ah don’t be such a Grumpy Bear :ewink: :biggrin: :dance:

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:48 pm

Thought about this concept today and it can not possibly be collusion if the whole league knows the contract for the rental player. The definition of collusion requires hiding it from others. So I don’t think it’s a moral issue like many in this thread made it out to be. The issue is being able to acquire a ton of picks, get the #1 pick and field a super team
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:57 pm

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:48 pm The definition of collusion requires hiding it from others.
Since when?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:22 pm

I like the concept if the league is designated a "rentals allowed" league from the beginning. If everyone knows going into the league that rentals are allowed and the proper frameworks are in place, I think it could be fun. Otherwise, it's probably an unfair advantage for certain teams.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:07 pm

I'm in a number of contract leagues (most are salary cap) and I often see trades at the deadline that are obviously rental priced. Your going to lose the player for nothing at the end of the year, your our of the playoffs, so you take the beat offer at the trade deadline
Personally i'm against selling starters for 5th and 6th round picks, but I understand it.

However, agreements to trade the player back a few months later is wrong. Alot of my leagues have rules prohibiting teams from requiring a player within a year, from a team that traded them. They can go to a 3rd team, and back to the 1st, but not from a to b, and back to a within a yr.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:37 pm

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:48 pm Thought about this concept today and it can not possibly be collusion if the whole league knows the contract for the rental player. The definition of collusion requires hiding it from others. So I don’t think it’s a moral issue like many in this thread made it out to be. The issue is being able to acquire a ton of picks, get the #1 pick and field a super team
Actually the true definition of collusion is something done in secret and/OR outside of the parameters of the rules in which the act is relevant to.

My take on it is win with your team, not somebody else’s.

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 am

I guess I’m also working in the context that this “renting of players” is allowed in this hypothetical league. So if the rules allowed it, and the whole league knew about the trade it wouldn’t be collusion because it wasn’t an illegal move either. However I’m not suggesting it’s a good idea just fun conversation
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:36 am

JOHNNY_COCKTAIL wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:19 am I guess I’m also working in the context that this “renting of players” is allowed in this hypothetical league. So if the rules allowed it, and the whole league knew about the trade it wouldn’t be collusion because it wasn’t an illegal move either. However I’m not suggesting it’s a good idea just fun conversation
Yeah, if the league recognizes it and expressly allows it, then all owners went in with open eyes, so there’s no *****ing. But playing in a league that condones and allows collusion must be very frustrating.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:59 am

Still collusion two years later. I wouldn’t even want to play in a league that allows conditional trades, let alone something as egregious as rentals.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Silver&Black
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Silver&Black » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:42 am

Wait until you are in a league where the league commissioner trades a player to another team for a player that cover's a bye week for the commissioner's team, as well as cover the bye week of the other team. Then, after the scoring is done they trade back.

Oh, and this league also has a specific rule that collusion is not allowed and teams that do it will be removed from the league.

This just happened in my league. Guess it's time to create my own league in the Spring so I can actually play in a league without cheating.

Lesman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lesman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:08 pm

I once had a redraft league where we allowed for "2 week trades" Teams were allowed to mutually help each other cover bye weeks, and traded players had to stay put for 2 weeks before being traded back. If the tradeback couldn't happen before he trade deadline, then it became permanent. It started out as only a couple 2 week trades per year, then eventually became rampant to the point where we just banned them, and made the rule that a player you traded away could not be traded back to you during the same year.

I couldn't imagine allowing something like this in a dynasty or keeper league, though.
Last edited by Lesman on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team standard (start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: TLaw, Watson
RB: ETN, Bijan, A. Jones, AJ Dillon, Charbs, Rochon
WR: AJ Brown, ARSB, G Wilson, London, Pickens, Bateman, Mims
TE: Njoku, Kmet

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Rentals or conditional trades, what ever you want to call it is just gonna mess up the league.

A rebuilding team may loan out Adams for a 3rd round pick. 3rd is better than nothing right? And then the whole league would fall apart. Best not to be anywhere near this type of stuff.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:05 pm Rentals or conditional trades, what ever you want to call it is just gonna mess up the league.

A rebuilding team may loan out Adams for a 3rd round pick. 3rd is better than nothing right? And then the whole league would fall apart. Best not to be anywhere near this type of stuff.
This just popped into my head....so excuse me if it’s not well fleshed out.

I think “renting” players could be ok if the value and terms were dictated by league rules (IE-to loan a top 10 player at any position for a week would require someone to pay a 1st rounder in next years rookie draft or require swapping another top 10 player for that week).
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)