Week 2 - preemptive strike deep bench waiver adds

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Week 2 - preemptive strike deep bench waiver adds

Postby jordanzs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Panning for gold here.......Who are you adding this week in hopes of getting the jump on next week's waiver wire run? This week Gaskin went for a decent chunk of FABB change. Would've been nice to add him a week ago. Of course we don't know who will be the next Gaskin, but if you have the bench spots, it's free money to guess.

I just added Moe Alie-Cox to a few benches. Maybe he shows something with Doyle & Pittman not playing? If not, he'll be an easy drop for whoever does emerge.

I just saw Hakeem Butler get picked up in a few places as he got signed to Carolina's taxi squad.

Jordan Reed has been added in a few leagues with Kittle out.

Sanu perhaps?

Wilkins could be a what the heck add in case Taylor or Hines get injured.

Whenever Sunday morning rolls around, I may add Mike Davis in a few leagues and drop him on Wednesday if CMC makes it through healthy. Injuries do happen, and if CMC sprains an ankle, Davis would be a high $$ pickup I think?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Week 2 - preemptive strike deep bench waiver adds

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 pm

Can't see it with Butler. He can't be taxi'd anymore, so unless it's a really large roster, I wouldn't bother. Sanu does have some experience with Shanny, so maybe him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:23 pm

I like all the OP ideas, especially where I can keep stashing Butler. I've especially been stashing at least one of Reed/Sanu the last few days. The Tennessee RB depth is worth looking at, with Evans injured and Henry a bellcow. In even my RB heavy leagues, seeing at least one of Ito/Hill available. Ward is worth a look if you need production.

I'd like to suggest one of the NYJ RBs, but I don't see them having mediocre productivity if one of them somehow gets bellcow touches. The LVR backs could be worth looking at, if you can figure out if one would become a bellcow with a Jacobs injury.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:26 pm

Drew Sample would've been a good stash any time before Thursday. I can see going for a decent amount of FABB dollars.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm

I'd been taxiing Dallas Goedart since I drafted him; week 1 usage was all I needed to promote him finally.

I went and found Harrison Bryant on waivers and made the swap. It's a pretty depthy move, and there won't be any immediate return - but he had a nice catch yesterday, and was the talk of Training Camp for how well he was picking up the offense for a rookie.

With Njoku on IR, and the Browns running 12 personnel as much as they possibly can, don't be surprised if this guy keeps flashing and making plays as the 2nd TE in CLE. You can't ask for much more than that with a rookie TE whose buried - and that's what Taxi's are for.

Longest of long shots, but that's what we're talking here in a DYN waiver thread I guess.
Last edited by mild on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 pm

I've seen Diontae Harris getting picked up as well. Maybe he gets some action without Michael Thomas?

I would love to see the Saints roll out 2TE sets & get some Trautman action in play, since I have a lot of shares in my taxi squads.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:05 pm

Ive stashed Gabriel Davis wherever I could. He was the star of training camp, he had a surprising snap share week 1, upper percentile in breakout age, dominator, yards per reception and target share, and he is definitely the biggest WR the Bills have. As a deep stash, why not?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 pm

Good call on Gabriel Davis.

Do we think there's a chance that he becomes next week's FABB darling? I didn't see this past Sunday's Bills game.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:36 pm

I am stashing Chargers WR Jalen Guyton and RB Jason Huntley. Guyton has a chance to show out and is getting playing time. Huntley has speed and with the uncertain RB situation in Philly, he could climb the depth chart. I am also looking at Cethan Carter on Cincy with Uzomah out.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 pm

I like the Wilkins call in Indy now as the RB3. That's the type of guy whose value could skyrocket if Taylor or Hines went down.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:11 pm

jordanzs wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:29 pm Good call on Gabriel Davis.

Do we think there's a chance that he becomes next week's FABB darling? I didn't see this past Sunday's Bills game.
I dont see that unless Diggs or Brown get hurt. However given the track record of those two players its a possibility. He only had 2 targets with 2 catches for 16 yards. But some viewed him as a "redshirt" rookie who would probably get cut and stashed on the practice squad. He impressed so much in camp they had to keep him and he had a 49% snap count week 1 which was eye opening. Hes a definite stash if you have an extra spot.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:00 pm

Could Ballage do a Drake and turn his career around on a different team?
Jets willing to trade for him earlier means they coveted him somewhat.

Any thoughts on Olabisi? Showed enough week 1 to keep the job?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Straycatz2 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:00 pm Could Ballage do a Drake and turn his career around on a different team?
Jets willing to trade for him earlier means they coveted him somewhat.

Any thoughts on Olabisi? Showed enough week 1 to keep the job?
No, because it's still Gase as his coach on the new team. Jets only tried to trade a conditional 7th, and it was Gase, who coached him in Miami. He had a 1.8 YPC on 74 rushes last year. Ballage isn't good. If Bell can't escape the atrocious line play of this team, Ballage sure won't.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 pm

Deonte Harris or Jakobi Meyers?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 pm

jman3134 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 pm Deonte Harris or Jakobi Meyers?
I'd gamble with marquez callaway if your going that deep. Just think there's more ”staying potential" if he were to pan out.