Week 2 Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Week 2 Discussion

Postby murphysxm » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:07 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am Mixon was not good in the first half of last season either, but he finished strong, and it was enough for people to value him with a 1st round ADP.

I don't own Mixon and never want to, but if you're someone who bought or owned him throughout last season, then I don't understand why your opinion on him would suddenly change because of 2 games in 2020. This is who he is as an RB and Cincinnati still has a ways to go to have a formidable offensive line.
agree whole heartadly, his percieved value has never matched his actual production in my mind.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:07 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am Mixon was not good in the first half of last season either, but he finished strong, and it was enough for people to value him with a 1st round ADP.

I don't own Mixon and never want to, but if you're someone who bought or owned him throughout last season, then I don't understand why your opinion on him would suddenly change because of 2 games in 2020. This is who he is as an RB and Cincinnati still has a ways to go to have a formidable offensive line.
agree whole heartadly, his percieved value has never matched his actual production in my mind.
I think the optimism was that maybe they had turned a corner with his usage and he had a new QB that could help open things up.

While I agree that it's early on and his rushing #s will come, I don't agree that "this is who he is". Hes shown he is capable as a receiver in college as well as glimpses in the NFL. What is apparent now, is that they are not going to use him as such. 2nd-3rd round startup value implies some receiving upside. So yes, after 2 games I have slightly changed my expectations to reflect that lack of receiving upside.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:32 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:07 am

He's the recent years-OBJ of RBs.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:43 am

CGW wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 am
I think the optimism was that maybe they had turned a corner with his usage and he had a new QB that could help open things up.

While I agree that it's early on and his rushing #s will come, I don't agree that "this is who he is". Hes shown he is capable as a receiver in college as well as glimpses in the NFL. What is apparent now, is that they are not going to use him as such. 2nd-3rd round startup value implies some receiving upside. So yes, after 2 games I have slightly changed my expectations to reflect that lack of receiving upside.
I don't think that's the case though. They're going to use him in the receiving game, but like the majority of NFL backs, teams want to use more than one guy and Bernard is still good in the receiving game.

Mixon wasn't just going in the Top 3 rounds of startups, his ADP was 1.08 in August AFTER the rough season he had in 2019.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:51 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:43 am
CGW wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 am

I don't think that's the case though. They're going to use him in the receiving game, but like the majority of NFL backs, teams want to use more than one guy and Bernard is still good in the receiving game.

Mixon wasn't just going in the Top 3 rounds of startups, his ADP was 1.08 in August AFTER the rough season he had in 2019.
Which was/is too high.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:11 am

Mixon's valuation the last couple years has been so puzzling to me. Mixon over Jacobs, for instance, made no sense to me this offseason.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:20 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:10 amPeople are thinking too hard about this Chubb/Hunt thing. They are going to run the ball close to 450 times this year, maybe more pending how efficient they can be on offense in establishing an offensive rhythm. Barring injury Chubb will get at least 250 rushes (maybe more), and Hunt will get 150ish + 40 receptions. There is room for both of them to be low end RB1s (Hunt might be closer to an RB2) regardless of the game script. Chubb will be the bull out of the gate but Hunt will be the game finisher. Strategize around that - you heard it right here. 8-)
I thought these were commonly believed/"known" when they brought in Stefanski- run heavy, 2 TE offense. Tons of play action, so Mayfield and the WRs will flourish on per-touch efficiency, not volume. Whether they struggle bad against good teams would depend on Mayfield and other non-scheme variables.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Lol someone just came out with a video today of Mixon vs. Gio's passing-game usage last night.

Mixon was breaking tackles, gaining yards...Gio was literally catching and falling to the ground. I understand you can't trot Mixon out there 100% of snaps but Gio deserves 0 work...especially in high-pressure situations (2min drill, etc)

whaley88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby whaley88 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:02 pm

Golladay out, get another look at cephus.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:35 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:43 am
I'm not sure this is the case anymore. Gio did absolutely nothing post-catch last night and had a terrible drop. I thought he looked pedestrian all last season as well and he turns 29 this season. I do believe he is a solid pass blocker but I haven't lost all hope that someone on the staff re-watches this game and picks up on this.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:48 pm

George Kittle out

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:30 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:48 pm George Kittle out
Is Jordan Reed a thing against the Jets? I picked him up just in case.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Guys, if you remember who Rudi Johnson or Cedric Benson are you know that Bengals RBs are historically underwhelming and disrespected/unappreciated. Mixon is where he is because he is a steady producer, not because he is a sexy or explosive contributor. If you are expecting him to have giant weeks you are in for a disappointment. But by seasons end his numbers will be there.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:30 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:26 pm Guys, if you know who Rudi Johnson is you know that Bengals RBs are historically underwhelming and disrespected. Mixon is where he is because he is a steady producer, not because he is a sexy or explosive contributor. If you are expecting him to have giant weeks you are in for a disappointment. But by seasons end his numbers will be there.
I don't disrespect any of the Bengals players, just the dumpster fire of an organization.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:15 pm

CGW wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:30 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:26 pm Guys, if you know who Rudi Johnson is you know that Bengals RBs are historically underwhelming and disrespected. Mixon is where he is because he is a steady producer, not because he is a sexy or explosive contributor. If you are expecting him to have giant weeks you are in for a disappointment. But by seasons end his numbers will be there.
I don't disrespect any of the Bengals players, just the dumpster fire of an organization.
Agree with this. I think Burrow & Higgins can help things in Cincy, but it's an uphill battle.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.