Baker mayfield

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Baker mayfield

Postby Blueboy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:26 pm

jman3134 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:48 pm It is all about how the line does. Baker is too flat footed when forced to throw out of the pocket. His footwork still looks bad. Free him in motion and he is good.
Yep, but it's encouraging to see him dismantle a terrible defense. Last year he couldn't even do that.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 pm

This piece of glory 100% belongs in here for posterity.

"The Cycle of Baker"

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:34 am

mild wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 pm This piece of glory 100% belongs in here for posterity.

"The Cycle of Baker"
New Fitzmagic?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 am

If Stepanski continues to use play action and roll Mayfield for the duration, I think there is a very reasonable chance that there’s going to be some eating of crow at year’s end. That type of scheming plays right into Mayfield’s strengths, and CLE sure has the backfield to make it work. It’s what got Cousins back on track.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:07 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 am If Stepanski continues to use play action and roll Mayfield for the duration, I think there is a very reasonable chance that there’s going to be some eating of crow at year’s end. That type of scheming plays right into Mayfield’s strengths, and CLE sure has the backfield to make it work. It’s what got Cousins back on track.
Stefanski turning an average QB into an above average one is not going to result in "eating of crow" at years end. Baker was fine last night, but was far from spectacular, and he did it against one of the worst defenses in the league and a team he regularly plays well against. He's somewhere in the middle of what he did last night and what he did last week, which is nothing special.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:09 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:58 am If Stepanski continues to use play action and roll Mayfield for the duration, I think there is a very reasonable chance that there’s going to be some eating of crow at year’s end. That type of scheming plays right into Mayfield’s strengths, and CLE sure has the backfield to make it work. It’s what got Cousins back on track.
He’ll have to do more than that for 1QB leaguers to eat crow.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:10 am

ManuManu wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:09 am
He’ll have to do more than that for 1QB leaguers to eat crow.
Agree. I mean, he played well against probably the worst defense in the league. I don't think there is anything to discuss yet until he shows up against a good team. Let's see what happens when he plays the Steelers.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:21 am

mild wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:00 pm This piece of glory 100% belongs in here for posterity.

"The Cycle of Baker"

This is... AWESOME!! So spot on... :lol:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 am

They just need to play the Bengals on a short week for the rest of the season

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:08 pm

It was against Cincinatti. Calm down.

They're going to be the 3rd best team in the AFC North at best, and will likely miss the playoffs - expanded be damned. They're not even close to hanging in games with the Ravens and Steelers. I find it hard to believe they'd beat the Titans, Texans, or Raiders when the chips are down - all playoff hopefuls that they will play in the coming weeks, who will be competing for those berths.

I don't know what success Baker would need to see for us to "eat crow" but I'm going to suggest it's much more likely that he'll continue to be erratic-at-best.

The Browns nexts 4 games: Washington Football Team, Cowboys, Colts, and Steelers.

If there's one team I trust to go 0-4 in disappointing fashion...

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 am
They just need to play the Bengals on a short week for the rest of the season
Baker looked good..

But he still only put up 220 yards, 2TDs and 1INT vs one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

In fantasy, I'm never going to be comfortable starting him in any matchup... so he's dead to me from a fantasy perspective.

I hope he puts it all together, was a huge fan of his game when he entered the league; but I'd be looking to get out from him in fantasy.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 pm

mild wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:08 pm
It was against Cincinatti. Calm down.

They're going to be the 3rd best team in the AFC North at best, and will likely miss the playoffs - expanded be damned. They're not even close to hanging in games with the Ravens and Steelers. I find it hard to believe they'd beat the Titans, Texans, or Raiders when the chips are down - all playoff hopefuls that they will play in the coming weeks, who will be competing for those berths.

I don't know what success Baker would need to see for us to "eat crow" but I'm going to suggest it's much more likely that he'll continue to be erratic-at-best.

The Browns nexts 4 games: Washington Football Team, Cowboys, Colts, and Steelers.

If there's one team I trust to go 0-4 in disappointing fashion...
Calm down? I hadn’t realized I was being so apoplectic.

We have a QB who was one of the most accurate QBs in the history of college football. Then he came in and threw for more TDs as a rookie than any QB in the history of the NFL without playing a full season.

He suffered for a year and a half of his two years in the league playing under HCs Hue Jackson and Fred Kitchens, and was behind one of the worst O-lines in the NFL last season when he somehow suffered as setback in his career.

But now he’s got renowned proven QB whisperer Stepanski as his HC and has a bunch of talent and a much improved O-line in front of him, but anyone who sees any reason for seeing some optimism about his future needs to calm down.

Got it. Thanks.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 pm Calm down? I hadn’t realized I was being so apoplectic.

We have a QB who was one of the most accurate QBs in the history of college football. Then he came in and threw for more TDs as a rookie than any QB in the history of the NFL without playing a full season.

He suffered for a year and a half of his two years in the league playing under HCs Hue Jackson and Fred Kitchens, and was behind one of the worst O-lines in the NFL last season when he somehow suffered as setback in his career.

But now he’s got renowned proven QB whisperer Stepanski as his HC and has a bunch of talent and a much improved O-line in front of him, but anyone who sees any reason for seeing some optimism about his future needs to calm down.

Got it. Thanks.
This is a bit of an over-exaggeration, Stefanski has spent his entire coaching career with the Vikings, he did some nice work with Keenum and Cousins, but he's far from a "renowned QB whisperer".

Calm down.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 pm Calm down? I hadn’t realized I was being so apoplectic.

Got it. Thanks.
This is a bit of an over-exaggeration, Stefanski has spent his entire coaching career with the Vikings, he did some nice work with Keenum and Cousins, but he's far from a "renowned QB whisperer".

Calm down.
:lol:

Okay. Consider me calmed. But only because you say so. You may want to look at what you just posted and then maybe consider it.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:35 pm :lol:

Okay. Consider me calmed. But only because you say so. You may want to look at what you just posted and then maybe consider it.
C'mon mate. You're the one whose putting "Cleveland Browns" "Baker Mayfield" and "naysayers eating crow" into the same crustily congealed thought.

You know who has literally never had to eat crow? Anyone who has doubted the past and future prospects of the 21st Century Cleveland Browns.