Tom Brady: End of an Era?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: If Brady falters in T.B?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:14 pm This was never a good fit as Brady has generally been heavily reliant on short, high efficiency passes to the slot, TE and RB. Arians likes the deep ball.

That said, this wouldnt be the first season where Brady looked average in the first game, only to turn it around down the stretch, so I wouldnt count him out yet.

Personally, this feels a lot like Philly trying to assemble a dream team in Andy Reid’s second to last season and I don’t envision it ending well regardless of whether or not Brady gets it together.
I think Brady's tendency toward a short, high efficiency game is more due to the makeup of the Patriots roster. When he had a healthy Gronk & Randy Moss, it was bombs away. The Patriots have missed on many WR draft picks along the way, so I think it's Brady & Belichick adapting to the realities of their team.

This Tampa team has great receiving options, so I'd expect Arians to still get his way and have more shots downfield. The Saints have a great defense and Evans was playing hurt, so I wouldn't assume week 1 is the norm.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm

I am just SOOOO happy this was a total disaster. Brady did a lot for the Pats but eff him now. He should have had the guts to stick it out and retire a Patriot, he had it great with Bill even if Bill is a jerk. I hope Brady fails miserably. Bill has always and will always be the guy. #bitter #CAM

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm I am just SOOOO happy this was a total disaster. Brady did a lot for the Pats but eff him now. He should have had the guts to stick it out and retire a Patriot, he had it great with Bill even if Bill is a jerk. I hope Brady fails miserably. Bill has always and will always be the guy. #bitter #CAM
You do realize now he's going to go out and score 4+ tds right?
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm I am just SOOOO happy this was a total disaster. Brady did a lot for the Pats but eff him now. He should have had the guts to stick it out and retire a Patriot, he had it great with Bill even if Bill is a jerk. I hope Brady fails miserably. Bill has always and will always be the guy. #bitter #CAM
Who Cam? Definitely :D :D :D :D :D

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm
abloom wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:27 pm
Who Cam? Definitely :D :D :D :D :D
It's just getting worse and worse. Now Brady will score 4+ and cam score nothing... Thanks a lot...

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm #bitter
Gotta open the box, and ask why?

His contract was up, he went elsewhere.

Have you never left a job for a different opportunity? Does everyone you previously worked with get to run around telling you off, and how you left them?
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

badbuddah
Captain
Captain

Postby badbuddah » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Arians is a stupid fat bastard that couldn't figure out how to utilize the talents of O.J. Howard, and now he is given a way better QB than Winston (albeit older) and with one of the best offenses in the NFL he was exposed a bit by N.O. on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat up on Carolina and everyone forget their flaws quickly though.
12 Team UNLIMITED Keeper / 23 Roster 1.0-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF 2 IR - 11th Year

QB: L. Jackson, J. Browning
RB: Aaron Jones, D'Ernest Johnson, E. Mitchell, Dalvin Cook, Jamaal Williams, Alexander Mattison, K. Miller, P. Taylor
WR: R. Doubs, G. Pickens, Christian Kirk, Juju, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, K. Boutte
TE: Z. Ertz, C. Okonkwo, Trey McBride, Tucker Kraft
K: T. Bass, J. Moody
DEF: San Francisco

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:59 pm

badbuddah wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:43 pm Arians is a stupid fat bastard that couldn't figure out how to utilize the talents of O.J. Howard, and now he is given a way better QB than Winston (albeit older) and with one of the best offenses in the NFL he was exposed a bit by N.O. on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat up on Carolina and everyone forget their flaws quickly though.
I just traded Brady for Michel so I hope you are wrong about this weekend and every other weekend. No beat downs from Brady. :pray:
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:46 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 am
ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:14 pm This was never a good fit as Brady has generally been heavily reliant on short, high efficiency passes to the slot, TE and RB. Arians likes the deep ball.

That said, this wouldnt be the first season where Brady looked average in the first game, only to turn it around down the stretch, so I wouldnt count him out yet.

Personally, this feels a lot like Philly trying to assemble a dream team in Andy Reid’s second to last season and I don’t envision it ending well regardless of whether or not Brady gets it together.
I think Brady's tendency toward a short, high efficiency game is more due to the makeup of the Patriots roster. When he had a healthy Gronk & Randy Moss, it was bombs away. The Patriots have missed on many WR draft picks along the way, so I think it's Brady & Belichick adapting to the realities of their team.

This Tampa team has great receiving options, so I'd expect Arians to still get his way and have more shots downfield. The Saints have a great defense and Evans was playing hurt, so I wouldn't assume week 1 is the norm.
The slot receiver has eaten and always been a focal point no matter who else they had with Brady chucking the rock. Moss was also 13 years ago and even then I’m not sure Brady was throwing it downfield at the rate of a well run Arians offense. Brady has typically been more about efficiency than volume with the deep ball.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:48 am

Remember when people thought Winston was the reason for Evans and Godwin's success, and Brady would be a sizeable downgrade for FF purposes? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:48 am Remember when people thought Winston was the reason for Evans and Godwin's success, and Brady would be a sizeable downgrade for FF purposes? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not going to look up this info right now, but I feel like the TB defense is worse than it's been in the past. I think the concern was really if there is less of a need to score on offense (because QB would no longer be making so many turn overs) would Evans and Godwin's value decrease.

I'll also point out that Evans seems to be highly dependent on TDs.

Finally both of these players (Evans and Godwin) were always holds at the minimum or starts for me.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 am

Mike Evans went from over 80 YPG in 4 of 5 years with Winston (his last 2 were 89 and 95) to under 70 YPG with Brady.

Godwin, 95 ypg his breakout year under Winston, 70 and 81 ypg under Brady.

The only thing better under Brady is Mike Evans touchdowns.

The narrative was Evans and Godwin would probably see less volume, which ended up being true.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:31 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 am Mike Evans went from over 80 YPG in 4 of 5 years with Winston (his last 2 were 89 and 95) to under 70 YPG with Brady.

The narrative was Evans and Godwin would probably see less volume, which ended up being true.
AB and Gronk can't be ignored here, Brate and Humphries weren't drawing as many targets/yards.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:11 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 am Mike Evans went from over 80 YPG in 4 of 5 years with Winston (his last 2 were 89 and 95) to under 70 YPG with Brady.

There were many suggesting Brady was not only going to provide less volume, but also be a significant downgrade in production. That simply hasn't happened, in terms of Fantasy points. Godwin also had AB to deal with (look at his stats with and without AB) which hurt him. He has more catches per game this season, so his volume isn't dropping when AB isn't there. If you take the 2 seasons prior with Winston, instead of simply taking the 1 season that was clearly and outlier with Winston, and Godwin's career year, you'll find Brady is not a downgrade for Godwin at all. Evans, is also past the age apex for WR production at this point, so a slight downgrade should be expected.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Tom Brady Retiring

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:57 pm

Schefty reporting that Brady is retiring. Thoughts? And who is the Bucs QB going forward?