General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Allen Robinson - Interesting development

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:33 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:12 pm Now the question is, where does he go? Where do I want him to go? Which team has a good QB, no WRs, and cap space? My ideal realistic spot is Philly, he would be competing with TEs for targets, their division is garbage, they have a good-great QB, and cap space to boot.

Other possibilities: Bills, and Texans (because that WR room isnt cutting it IMO)
Houston, Green Bay if they didn't hate each other, San Francisco, Buffalo would be exciting in real life--not great for fantasy even with Allen looking better week 1, Eagles, Washington, New England, Jets are all possibilities too
I'm not sure the Bears trade him. They aren't obligated too. They paid him very well vs market value when he signed the deal. He's got nothing to complain about IMO. It's a strategic negotiating tactic, what he's doing IMO. Pace and Nagy's job are on the line this year. Don't think he's looking to collect picks. He won't be moving A Rob unless he gets a real difference maker back, IMO.
Philly for Ertz? I hear the Bears need TEs

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:52 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:42 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Houston, Green Bay if they didn't hate each other, San Francisco, Buffalo would be exciting in real life--not great for fantasy even with Allen looking better week 1, Eagles, Washington, New England, Jets are all possibilities too
I'm not sure the Bears trade him. They aren't obligated too. They paid him very well vs market value when he signed the deal. He's got nothing to complain about IMO. It's a strategic negotiating tactic, what he's doing IMO. Pace and Nagy's job are on the line this year. Don't think he's looking to collect picks. He won't be moving A Rob unless he gets a real difference maker back, IMO.
It doesn't fix either player or teams problems. The players both want new contracts, the teams both can't afford to extend them right now and have no reason too. The only difference for both players is now they are on a different team and have to learn a new system on the fly, and not getting the extension they are trying to get.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:01 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:52 pm

It doesn't fix either player or teams problems. The players both want new contracts, the teams both can't afford to extend them right now and have no reason too. The only difference for both players is now they are on a different team and have to learn a new system on the fly, and not getting the extension they are trying to get.
Might be time to get your sarcasm meter recalibrated...

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:02 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:52 pm

I was kidding lol. It was a joke on the fact the Bears drafted a TE and signed one in the offseason having like 6 on the roster

In seriousness New England, Houston, Philly, SF or the Jets would be the most likely destinations but the Bears would need roster help elsewhere coming back--not just picks for reasons mentioned above

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:06 pm

Does this mean that Darnell Moody is gaining in value? If ARob is traded, perhaps he sees the field more?

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 pm

UGH. Chicago is the best place for him right now from a fantasy perspective. As an owner I think any of the realistic landing spots are significant downgrades for him.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:11 pm

jordanzs wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:06 pm Does this mean that Darnell Moody is gaining in value? If ARob is traded, perhaps he sees the field more?
And Miller

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:45 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:08 pm Interesting. As an owner, I'd probably just rather status quo. Who knows where he'd go if he were traded.
Name the teams that would be a worse situation than the Bears and Mitch Trubisky...

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:47 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 pm UGH. Chicago is the best place for him right now from a fantasy perspective. As an owner I think any of the realistic landing spots are significant downgrades for him.
It's good for volume but I just can't get behind Trub, I would like Arob to have a decent QB once in his career. The only spot I would see as a good landing spot without stuffing around some of my other players is Houston (I don't own any receivers there and I picked up Watson this offseason after the Hopkins trade for chips) This is purely selfish on my part, I'm sure there are other good landing spots.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:49 pm

AussieMate wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:47 pm
thebeast wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:10 pm UGH. Chicago is the best place for him right now from a fantasy perspective. As an owner I think any of the realistic landing spots are significant downgrades for him.
It's good for volume but I just can't get behind Trub, I would like Arob to have a decent QB once in his career. The only spot I would see as a good landing spot without stuffing around some of my other players is Houston (I don't own any receivers there and I picked up Watson this offseason after the Hopkins trade for chips) This is purely selfish on my part, I'm sure there are other good landing spots.
A-rob is one of the few Alpha WRs in the NFL.

He'd be more likely to kick out a productive starter than be held back by them if he were traded.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Sriracha wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:49 pm
AussieMate wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:47 pm
A-rob is one of the few Alpha WRs in the NFL.

He'd be more likely to kick out a productive starter than be held back by them if he were traded.
My man!!! good to see an Arob believer like myself, honestly think he could be a top 5 wr in the league in the right place.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:10 pm

Tweet from PFF (not sure how accurate they are but I assume they know more than myself about what is catchable)

Since entering the league, only 62.0% of Allen Robinson's targets have been deemed "catchable."

That ranks 95th out of 100 qualifiers.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 pm

The Bears aren't trading their best offensive player. The fans might string Pace up if he did that. Pay Jimmy Graham and your backup 24 mil guaranteed, so they need to get rid of robinson? That would be a pretty massive joke
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:35 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 pm The Bears aren't trading their best offensive player. The fans might string Pace up if he did that. Pay Jimmy Graham and your backup 24 mil guaranteed, so they need to get rid of robinson? That would be a pretty massive joke
I mean.. it's the Bears.......

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:00 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 pm The Bears aren't trading their best offensive player. The fans might string Pace up if he did that. Pay Jimmy Graham and your backup 24 mil guaranteed, so they need to get rid of robinson? That would be a pretty massive joke
They should be stringing him up anyway. He has wasted a superb collection of talent on proving his own hubris right with his bust of a QB selection.

He didn't even interview Deshaun Watson pre-draft.

He had no interest in signing a QB that could actually take Mitch's job (ie Cam, probably Jameis) and instead paid Foles 24 million dollars.

He collected 9 TE's on his team at one point this offseason.

It's a travesty; Pace the Disgrace.