Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Re: Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:07 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:54 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:49 pm I think their only option then would be to move it to Tuesday and change locations, right? They aren’t going to cancel one single game, or shift an entire schedule to make it fit.
Where will they move the game(s) to though? They probably have to travel a decent amount to get away from the Air Quality issues, and how many NFL quality football fields are there available on very short notice?
Just play it in Dallas and Arizona in Tuesday. That shouldn’t be hard. Minor inconvenience in terms of home vs away games for Dallas and LA but that seems to me like it can be smoothed over much easier than the other options.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:16 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:07 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:49 pm I think their only option then would be to move it to Tuesday and change locations, right? They aren’t going to cancel one single game, or shift an entire schedule to make it fit.
Where will they move the game(s) to though? They probably have to travel a decent amount to get away from the Air Quality issues, and how many NFL quality football fields are there available on very short notice?
Just play it in Dallas and Arizona in Tuesday. That shouldn’t be hard. Minor inconvenience in terms of home vs away games for Dallas and LA but that seems to me like it can be smoothed over much easier than the other options.
Arizona's stadium is being used for another event this weekend and may not be ready to host an NFL game by Tuesday. Dallas might have something going on too, Jerry World is probably a popular facility for things other than football. Plus there's the factor of taking a Home game from LAR and giving Dallas an extra one, that might not be quite the advantage it would be most years, but it still is one.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:21 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Arizona's stadium is being used for another event this weekend and may not be ready to host an NFL game by Tuesday. Dallas might have something going on too, Jerry World is probably a popular facility for things other than football. Plus there's the factor of taking a Home game from LAR and giving Dallas an extra one, that might not be quite the advantage it would be most years, but it still is one.
Don't think that will be that big a deal, they have worked into the frame work of their schedule starting next year, they just care about money. The game will be a prime time game wether it be tomorrow, or Tuesday. If they can play in Dallas, they probably will.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:27 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:21 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Don't think that will be that big a deal, they have worked into the frame work of their schedule starting next year, they just care about money. The game will be a prime time game wether it be tomorrow, or Tuesday. If they can play in Dallas, they probably will.
Whatever events are scheduled for Tuesday in those stadiums, if any, may have come into some money $$$$$$
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm Any long time players have any recollection what fantasy football did when the Vikings-Eagles games was moved to Tuesday back in 2010? That was a year before I started playing fantasy so I don't know how fantasy leagues handled it but we may see something like that this year
There was no change fantasy football-wise as the game was still in the same week.

I'd think if SF isn't an option for Sunday, they have a couple days they can play on to still be week 1.

By the way, that Vikings-Eagles game was a good one. Joe Webb comes out of nowhere to play a helluva game. Never did again, but that one was solid.
I remember making a point not to miss it as a Vikes fan for life, gave a brief glimmer of hope that he could wind up being more than he wound up being :)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 am

Surprised there isn't any more news on the Cali fires affecting the games. I guess they really are just going to play

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:54 am

3 Starting OL out for the Eagles. I hope Wentz gets through the game. It could be ugly.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 am Surprised there isn't any more news on the Cali fires affecting the games. I guess they really are just going to play
Sort of like playing in Mexico City, I guess.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:55 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 am Surprised there isn't any more news on the Cali fires affecting the games. I guess they really are just going to play
Sort of like playing in Mexico City, I guess.
Yeah torn on starting Minshew at 1 or risking Dak later. Probably should just go with Dak

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 am

I'd say they should probably cover Ruggs, but I'm not sure it's that easy

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:37 am

Dalvin Cook looking like last year. Explosive and effective. I hadn't seen that he got his new contract yesterday. Good for him.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:44 am

Hurst flashing in his ATL debut

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:46 am

James Robinson making the most of his shot for the Jags.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 am

How’s James Robinson looking? 7 for 53 yards so far.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:49 am

Looks like Devontae Booker took over passing downs from Richard... Surprising!
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker