Questionable Trade?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Questionable Trade?

Postby SoShady » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:22 am

Had this come across my commish desk late last night. What do you guys think of this?

Team A Trades

Zeke, Sutton and 2021 3rd

Team B Trades
Cohen, E Sanders, 2021 1st and 2021 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Questionable Trade?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 am

This trade is "So Shady". That's collusion, or one owner is completely incompetent, and will drag the league down. I am not for vetoes, but this needs to be addressed. Are either of the owners new? What is their track record. You need an explanation from Team A. Also, figure out who sent the offer. It's egregious. You definitely need to step in and investigate. What do your bylaws state about this type of thing?

This is the value of about, what 5 firsts for 1 and 3/4's or so?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoShady » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am

Team A joined the league less than 24 hours ago. He was already in two other leagues I run on flea. But I did not invite him into this league. I don't like that they allow anyone to invite a new owner.

Team B was the proposer after team A said he would trade anyone but Barkley on entering the league. Team B is entering the second year in the league. While it's the 5th year for the league.

I put trades through when I see them. Very few times over the years I need to step in and cancel a trade. It normally causes a couple angry owners. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't being heavy-handed.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:01 am

SoShady wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am Team A joined the league less than 24 hours ago. He was already in two other leagues I run on flea. But I did not invite him into this league. I don't like that they allow anyone to invite a new owner.

Team B was the proposer after team A said he would trade anyone but Barkley on entering the league. Team B is entering the second year in the league. While it's the 5th year for the league.

I put trades through when I see them. Very few times over the years I need to step in and cancel a trade. It normally causes a couple angry owners. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't being heavy-handed.
As an aside in regards to invites on flea, you can change the settings to only allow the commish/co-commish to invite people so you can vet people before they join. In a case like this if you really feel it necessary to veto the trade {and I don't believe in vetoes myself}, you may want to simply tell owner A, "thanks but no thanks" and send him packing as he is just chum in the water for the sharks in your league

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:09 am

Did team B invite team A?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 am

Brutal trade. I'm not for vetoing in dynasty, but this is bad. It's an obvious case of either collusion or an owner that has zero idea what they are doing and shouldn't have been added to the league.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am

CGW wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:37 am Brutal trade. I'm not for vetoing in dynasty, but this is bad. It's an obvious case of either collusion or an owner that has zero idea what they are doing and shouldn't have been added to the league.
x2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:30 am

SoShady wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am Team A joined the league less than 24 hours ago. He was already in two other leagues I run on flea. But I did not invite him into this league. I don't like that they allow anyone to invite a new owner.

Not at all. This is egregious. You as commish, don't control who enters the league?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:32 am

BlackOmega wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:01 am

As an aside in regards to invites on flea, you can change the settings to only allow the commish/co-commish to invite people so you can vet people before they join. In a case like this if you really feel it necessary to veto the trade {and I don't believe in vetoes myself}, you may want to simply tell owner A, "thanks but no thanks" and send him packing as he is just chum in the water for the sharks in your league
If you haven't processed the trade, this is not a bad solution. I don't think that trade should pass, if you haven't processed it. Refund his money, change the setting, and find a new owner yourself.

lawilt
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lawilt » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:35 am

reject and remove the owner of team A

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 pm

I agree with reject, remove, and refund. Sometimes it’s worth doing the right thing to make a few mad than do the wrong thing and corrode the integrity of the league just to please people.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:14 pm

That is really bad.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 am This trade is "So Shady". That's collusion, or one owner is completely incompetent, and will drag the league down. I am not for vetoes, but this needs to be addressed. Are either of the owners new? What is their track record. You need an explanation from Team A. Also, figure out who sent the offer. It's egregious. You definitely need to step in and investigate. What do your bylaws state about this type of thing?

Great response.

And great question about whether Team B invited Team A.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:10 pm

moishetreats wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:55 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:28 am This trade is "So Shady". That's collusion, or one owner is completely incompetent, and will drag the league down. I am not for vetoes, but this needs to be addressed. Are either of the owners new? What is their track record. You need an explanation from Team A. Also, figure out who sent the offer. It's egregious. You definitely need to step in and investigate. What do your bylaws state about this type of thing?

Great response.

And great question about whether Team B invited Team A.
I believe that was already addressed, or I would have mentioned it, for sure.