Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:03 am

bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:45 am
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:21 pm There's a chance Arizona @ SF gets postponed due to air quality in the area from the fires. Also Tevin Coleman may sit out if they do go on with the game in SF, he has sickle cell anemia.
Dallas @ LAR could be at risk too.
I think i read or heard yesterday that while they are monitoring it that it isnt anywhere close to the level it would need to be to cancel the game(s).

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:13 am

jenkins.math wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:03 am
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:45 am
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:21 pm There's a chance Arizona @ SF gets postponed due to air quality in the area from the fires. Also Tevin Coleman may sit out if they do go on with the game in SF, he has sickle cell anemia.
Dallas @ LAR could be at risk too.
I think i read or heard yesterday that while they are monitoring it that it isnt anywhere close to the level it would need to be to cancel the game(s).
The FORECASTED AQI (Air Quality Index) is much lower than the threshold of 200 that the NFL sets for being able to play, but the actual AQI the last few days has been at 150+ in the area of both stadiums and been worse than the initial forecasts. If the air quality issues do not dissipate as anticipated then the games are in danger of having to be postponed, because it's going to be tough to relocate them at this point.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:19 am

According to Rotoword: "On Friday, the index stood at 194." So this is definitely something to monitor. Since it's a division game between 49ers and Cardinals they should have just switched the game to Arizona and then have the 2nd game between them in San Francisco later in the year.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:33 pm

Kelldon wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:19 am According to Rotoword: "On Friday, the index stood at 194." So this is definitely something to monitor. Since it's a division game between 49ers and Cardinals they should have just switched the game to Arizona and then have the 2nd game between them in San Francisco later in the year.
I get it’s probably a huge logistical maneuver, but this has been unfolding for weeks in Cali. I agree.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:59 pm

So if they move the games to another week, what are people doing? If it cancelled after the 1 PM games start, that is going to mess everyone up.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:59 pm So if they move the games to another week, what are people doing? If it cancelled after the 1 PM games start, that is going to mess everyone up.
I would think we will know before noon tomorrow. With everything going on, I don't see how they won't know we'll ahead of time. I guess this just becomes early bye weeks for some teams. They really should have just swapped locations with not as many fans involved.

Personally, I don't see how this will clear up in time. I have Mostert benched, about to do the same for Dak. Those are really my only 2 players involved

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:32 pm

Ive got a ton of players on those 4 teams.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:59 pm So if they move the games to another week, what are people doing? If it cancelled after the 1 PM games start, that is going to mess everyone up.
I would think we will know before noon tomorrow. With everything going on, I don't see how they won't know we'll ahead of time. I guess this just becomes early bye weeks for some teams. They really should have just swapped locations with not as many fans involved.

Personally, I don't see how this will clear up in time. I have Mostert benched, about to do the same for Dak. Those are really my only 2 players involved
https://www.rvshowusa.com/phoenix-rv-shows/

There's an event going on at the Cardinals stadium this weekend, swapping stadiums probably wasn't an option.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:25 pm

Trying to remember if the NFL has postponed games before and how that affected fantasy lineups, but I imagine it'd be like when the NBA postponed games for issues at certain areas - I remember unsafe icy floors specifically, for arenas that share games with the NHL.

Your guy just doesn't play - game shows "PPD" - for NBA games anyway, so you just lose the start at the time and the game is rescheduled late in the year. Probably be the same thing tomorrow, with the game reschedule probably happening around the teams' current bye as another option besides year-end.

So yeah, would be a bummer out the gate for all those teams, fans and fantasy - but safety first obv.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Any long time players have any recollection what fantasy football did when the Vikings-Eagles games was moved to Tuesday back in 2010? That was a year before I started playing fantasy so I don't know how fantasy leagues handled it but we may see something like that this year

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 pm

BlackOmega wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm Any long time players have any recollection what fantasy football did when the Vikings-Eagles games was moved to Tuesday back in 2010? That was a year before I started playing fantasy so I don't know how fantasy leagues handled it but we may see something like that this year
There was no change fantasy football-wise as the game was still in the same week.

I'd think if SF isn't an option for Sunday, they have a couple days they can play on to still be week 1.

By the way, that Vikings-Eagles game was a good one. Joe Webb comes out of nowhere to play a helluva game. Never did again, but that one was solid.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 pm
BlackOmega wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm Any long time players have any recollection what fantasy football did when the Vikings-Eagles games was moved to Tuesday back in 2010? That was a year before I started playing fantasy so I don't know how fantasy leagues handled it but we may see something like that this year
There was no change fantasy football-wise as the game was still in the same week.

I'd think if SF isn't an option for Sunday, they have a couple days they can play on to still be week 1.

By the way, that Vikings-Eagles game was a good one. Joe Webb comes out of nowhere to play a helluva game. Never did again, but that one was solid.
There is talk the games may be postponed to another week though, which would be a sh@tstorm for Fantasy. None of the involved teams play Thursday, so Tuesday could be an option, but they may have to relocate, which may not be realistic.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:29 pm

The bye weeks don't matchup either, so they can't just shift either game into the bye without completely changing the schedule.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:49 pm

I think their only option then would be to move it to Tuesday and change locations, right? They aren’t going to cancel one single game, or shift an entire schedule to make it fit.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:54 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:49 pm I think their only option then would be to move it to Tuesday and change locations, right? They aren’t going to cancel one single game, or shift an entire schedule to make it fit.
Where will they move the game(s) to though? They probably have to travel a decent amount to get away from the Air Quality issues, and how many NFL quality football fields are there available on very short notice?