Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Payton34
Captain
Captain

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Payton34 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:13 am

First game. Wonder if the goalline "issues" are just a matter of him being a bit more patient in finding the hole. I haven't rewatched any of his GL carries, but it didn't look like his line did him any favors there. At his size though, maybe he just needs to get low and squirt through the line? Just hope KC is patient with him at the GL and they don't take those duties away from him without giving him time to work it out.

Interesting that the majority of his work was straight up the gut. Once they start getting him out in space and working him into the passing game? Whew.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes, Tua Tagovailoa
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, M Wilson, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 2 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7..

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 am

Payton34 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:13 am First game. Wonder if the goalline "issues" are just a matter of him being a bit more patient in finding the hole. I haven't rewatched any of his GL carries, but it didn't look like his line did him any favors there. At his size though, maybe he just needs to get low and squirt through the line? Just hope KC is patient with him at the GL and they don't take those duties away from him without giving him time to work it out.
There were 1 or two carries at the goal line where he did squirt through for a yard or 2 just to fall short at the 1.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:53 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:53 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 am Idk. He didnt look good on the goal line and I didnt see him move the pile once all night.

jk hes a stud
Serious question, on those goal line carries would any rb other than Derrick Henry been able to punch it in? It looked like anyone would’ve gotten stuffed on those but I know haters are going to point this out too.
The fact that he felt the need to spin on a goal line carry instead of go straight is telling of his style.
Straight into an oncoming JJ Watt, who had completely blown up the play? He literally would have got destroyed had he not spun out of that. He's obviously not the best goal line back in the world, but his line got completely blown up on the 1 yard line continuously.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:03 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:53 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 am Idk. He didnt look good on the goal line and I didnt see him move the pile once all night.

jk hes a stud
Serious question, on those goal line carries would any rb other than Derrick Henry been able to punch it in? It looked like anyone would’ve gotten stuffed on those but I know haters are going to point this out too.
I loved CEHs performance. But he got stuffed 6 or 7 times on the goal line. The fact that he felt the need to spin on a goal line carry instead of go straight is telling of his style. He is strong only in his speed and elusiveness. But he isn’t going to create space with downhill power at the goal line. That’s not hating that’s just an observation. He will still get some goal line carries, and honestly he is probably more dangerous in the red zone than at the goal line. The more space there is the more dangerous he is. That’s just the nature of speed.
Yeah his TD run was great. Chiefs should just take some penalties on the 1 to give him more room lol

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:09 am

Payton34 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:13 am First game. Wonder if the goalline "issues" are just a matter of him being a bit more patient in finding the hole. I haven't rewatched any of his GL carries, but it didn't look like his line did him any favors there. At his size though, maybe he just needs to get low and squirt through the line? Just hope KC is patient with him at the GL and they don't take those duties away from him without giving him time to work it out.

Interesting that the majority of his work was straight up the gut. Once they start getting him out in space and working him into the passing game? Whew.
For all his contact balance, he wasn’t exactly a pile pusher in college either. Sure, if he was coming at you at full speed, he could move a guy back, but he rarely got a lot in short yardage against upper tier defenses that wasn’t created by his offensive line. I don’t think this should be a surprise and his comp, Brian Westbrook, wasn’t exactly a TD machine either. He’s made it clear that he’s going to stack up yards and once he gets pass protection down, he’s going to be a monster. He’s also in such a prolific offense that he’ll get TDs just by sure volume of opportunities.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:13 am

BEAST!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:29 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:09 am

For all his contact balance, he wasn’t exactly a pile pusher in college either. Sure, if he was coming at you at full speed, he could move a guy back, but he rarely got a lot in short yardage against upper tier defenses that wasn’t created by his offensive line. I don’t think this should be a surprise and his comp, Brian Westbrook, wasn’t exactly a TD machine either. He’s made it clear that he’s going to stack up yards and once he gets pass protection down, he’s going to be a monster. He’s also in such a prolific offense that he’ll get TDs just by sure volume of opportunities.
Bless your heart. You see the world for what it is.
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 am

Seriously though, it wasn't just on the goal line. I didn't see him move the pile once all night. At 5'7" 210 I think that will be a deficiency in his game. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chiefs add a goal line back next offseason.

This is just nit picking of course. He had a great debut and he's a legit fantasy stud.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:11 am

MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 am Seriously though, it wasn't just on the goal line. I didn't see him move the pile once all night. At 5'7" 210 I think that will be a deficiency in his game. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chiefs add a goal line back next offseason.

This is just nit picking of course. He had a great debut and he's a legit fantasy stud.
I'm hoping he learns to do a bit more squeezing through here and there, Ray Rice, Lesean Mccoy, Jamaal Charles, MJD, CMC style. None of them were big enough to move a pile but they had plenty of TDs. He just needs to get a bit more acclimated to the NFL. And not have Watt completely blowing up the O line.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:14 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:11 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 am Seriously though, it wasn't just on the goal line. I didn't see him move the pile once all night. At 5'7" 210 I think that will be a deficiency in his game. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Chiefs add a goal line back next offseason.

I'm hoping he learns to do a bit more squeezing through here and there, Ray Rice, Lesean Mccoy, Jamaal Charles, MJD, CMC style. None of them were big enough to move a pile but they had plenty of TDs. He just needs to get a bit more acclimated to the NFL. And not have Watt completely blowing up the O line.
Yeah. Aaron Jones is actually the best goal line RB in the league right now, statistically. Those shifty guys have ways of squeezing through the cracks.

It was only his first game after all.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:20 am

Wasn't this kind of expected that he wasn't a between the tackles goal-line back? Especially going toe to toe with JJ Watt. To me KC should've been trying to do a pitch or run outside the tackles in order to punch it in rather than trying to cram a square peg into a round hole.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:24 am

He's not a pile mover, who cares. They will get creative on some of these goal line plays and it'll work out. He's going to be good, as expected. I wish he had fallen to me at #3 in either of my SF drafts. The volume they gave him on the first game was impressive and will easily sustain a top RB in that high power offense.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:24 am

Just watched all of his carries back. No he wont push a pile like Beast mode/AP/Zeke/Henry, but not many backs cant do it. The goal line runs he had 0 space to make anything happen, unless you're a behemoth of a RB no one scores there IMO.

What I did notice is that he almost never get brought down by the first guy, on his 25 carries, he got beat in a clean 1 on 1 situation only a couple times. If CEH is 1 on 1 with anytime to reset he isnt getting caught, only way to stop him is to get on him right after he jukes a defender, for example, on the TD run, he makes a man miss to break to the second level, he has about 5 yards the second after he gets clear of the first guy to meet the safety coming down on him, quick dead legs, in for the TD, another example of never going down 1 on 1 vs the first guy 2:20 left in the fourth, he is met by HoFer JJ Watt 3 yards behind the LoS, spin move to beat JJ Watt, then gets pancaked. This dude is going to be a problem for a long time once he gets it all together and is involved in the passing game, and dont fool yourself, CEH is not just a dump-off checkdown receiving back, he is a weapon capable of lining up outwide or running routes down field
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:29 am

I can admit when I am wrong. His pure running ability was much better last night than I expected. It wasn't just the opportunity, which was my arguement. He makes guys miss and is elusive.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:36 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:29 am I can admit when I am wrong. His pure running ability was much better last night than I expected. It wasn't just the opportunity, which was my arguement. He makes guys miss and is elusive.
100%

He posterized and embarrassed that safety. The entire world felt that juke

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH: