General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:22 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:29 pm \"I saw CEH overcome bad blocking at LSU quite often, in the times where it let him down."

I have more confidence in CEH than Damien Williams in this regard, and Williams averaged 4.5 a carry. McCoy 4.6. I'm not particularly worried about CEH's production. If Williams can overcome it to the tune of 4.5 a carry, and Shady 4.6, CEH will be fine.
...but they didn't overcome it though. KC's rushing attack was not good last season by any metric. Their individual YPC's are bloated by long runs.

Adjusted Line Yards: 3.88 (28th)
*Power Rank: 21st
2nd Level Rank (5-10 yds past LOS): 29th
Open Field Rank (10+ yds past LOS): 7th

*Percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown

Compare that to the season before

Adjusted Line Yards: 4.37 (13th)
Power Rank: 4th
2nd Level Rank: 18th
Open Field Rank: 11th

I think CEH can produce, but I do not think he's going to produce next season at the ADP he's being drafted at given how awful KC's line was last season.
I think CEH will be an excellent Fantasy football back, regardless. I think he's more talented than those back were last year, and much more elusive.
I agree that's he's a better talent than an old Shady and Damien, but talent doesn't mean much if the blocking in front of you is awful. See: Le'Veon Bell.

Maybe if you're Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson, but he's not exactly a high level RB talent in that regard. If KCs line is as bad as it was last season, I don't see him being worth his ADP this season. I know he'll contribute in the passing game; that's the saving grace at least in certain formats.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:06 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:28 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm

...but they didn't overcome it though. KC's rushing attack was not good last season by any metric. Their individual YPC's are bloated by long runs.

Adjusted Line Yards: 3.88 (28th)
*Power Rank: 21st
2nd Level Rank (5-10 yds past LOS): 29th
Open Field Rank (10+ yds past LOS): 7th

*Percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown

Compare that to the season before

Adjusted Line Yards: 4.37 (13th)
Power Rank: 4th
2nd Level Rank: 18th
Open Field Rank: 11th

I think CEH can produce, but I do not think he's going to produce next season at the ADP he's being drafted at given how awful KC's line was last season.
I think CEH will be an excellent Fantasy football back, regardless. I think he's more talented than those back were last year, and much more elusive.
I agree that's he's a better talent than an old Shady and Damien, but talent doesn't mean much if the blocking in front of you is awful. See: Le'Veon Bell.

Maybe if you're Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson, but he's not exactly a high level RB talent in that regard. If KCs line is as bad as it was last season, I don't see him being worth his ADP this season. I know he'll contribute in the passing game; that's the saving grace at least in certain formats.
Are you arguing his situation is a negative? Let alone comparable to the Adam Gase coached Jets?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:06 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:06 am

Are you arguing his situation is a negative? Let alone comparable to the Adam Gase coached Jets?
No. I think in terms of coach and obviously talent, he landed in the most optimal situation possible. I only bring up Bell as an example that talent at the position doesn't matter if your offensive line is putrid.

However, both things are true. He landed in a great situation, but their offensive line was awful at run blocking last season and did not get better at it in the offseason. So if they continue to be as bad as they were last season, I do not think CEH is going to live up to his ADP this season.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:06 am

No. I think in terms of coach and obviously talent, he landed in the most optimal situation possible. I only bring up Bell as an example that talent at the position doesn't matter if your offensive line is putrid.

However, both things are true. He landed in a great situation, but their offensive line was awful at run blocking last season and did not get better at it in the offseason. So if they continue to be as bad as they were last season, I do not think CEH is going to live up to his ADP this season.
TCU OT Lucas Niang 3rd round and FA signing Mike Remmers, offensive tackle will really help this line IMO. Niang may start at guard but is a Tackle. Remmers can play all line positions.

Fisher also missed 8 games last year and the Chiefs lost 4 of those.

Not a great line but should be better than last season.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:06 am

TCU OT Lucas Niang 3rd round and FA signing Mike Remmers, offensive tackle will really help this line IMO. Niang may start at guard but is a Tackle. Remmers can play all line positions.

Fisher also missed 8 games last year and the Chiefs lost 4 of those.

Not a great line but should be better than last season.
Tbf hoping for the best but Remmers is pretty bad

Fisher and Niang will help though

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:33 pm

In start ups!!!!! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:34 pm

I feel bad for those of you who overthought this. He wasn’t even involved in the passing game and that is his strength. Top 5 start up pick easy.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 am

Idk. He didnt look good on the goal line and I didnt see him move the pile once all night.

jk hes a stud

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 am

MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 am Idk. He didnt look good on the goal line and I didnt see him move the pile once all night.

jk hes a stud
Serious question, on those goal line carries would any rb other than Derrick Henry been able to punch it in? It looked like anyone would’ve gotten stuffed on those but I know haters are going to point this out too.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:47 am

The dude is pretty small and it's the NFL. For 5'7" he is fairly stout, and I think overall he looked good. The TD would of been a nice add (RBs get stuffed sometimes) but I would say he had an excellent showing for his first game.

Tecmo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tecmo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:25 am

I'm in a dynasty superflex where we can start 2 QB's - I took Burrow over CEH at the 1.01 and I stand by my selection

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:27 am

Tecmo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:25 am I'm in a dynasty superflex where we can start 2 QB's - I took Burrow over CEH at the 1.01 and I stand by my selection
Well yeah, that's the right choice.

2QB leagues not withstanding, CEH was and still is the clear 1.01.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:29 am

Tecmo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:25 am I'm in a dynasty superflex where we can start 2 QB's - I took Burrow over CEH at the 1.01 and I stand by my selection
Really depends on how many teams in the league ;) Not all SF leagues are created equally.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:50 am

I was late to the party, but once I read up on JT's stone hands it was a pretty easy decision to rank CEH higher.

CEH looks good. They'll use him. Not much to worry about there. Owners should be happy.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:53 am

Mike11 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 am Idk. He didnt look good on the goal line and I didnt see him move the pile once all night.

jk hes a stud
Serious question, on those goal line carries would any rb other than Derrick Henry been able to punch it in? It looked like anyone would’ve gotten stuffed on those but I know haters are going to point this out too.
I loved CEHs performance. But he got stuffed 6 or 7 times on the goal line. The fact that he felt the need to spin on a goal line carry instead of go straight is telling of his style. He is strong only in his speed and elusiveness. But he isn’t going to create space with downhill power at the goal line. That’s not hating that’s just an observation. He will still get some goal line carries, and honestly he is probably more dangerous in the red zone than at the goal line. The more space there is the more dangerous he is. That’s just the nature of speed.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)