Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Week 1 Discussion. LET'S GO!!!

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:46 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:27 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 am I hate the idea of adding another playoff team from each conference. We already get 8-8 and the rare 7-9 team team in the playoffs. It's inching closer to the NHL, where if you have a pulse, you make the post season.

I know it's about adding revenue for the NFL, but they're watering down the product.
The 7-9 and 8-8 playoff teams are largely division winners though. "If the newly proposed playoff system were in place the last 10 years we would have added:

• five 10-win teams
• nine 9-win teams
• six 8-win teams"

https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFootbal ... frame.html

I mean 14 of the 20 teams would have had winning records. I think that adds more competition
By that logic the NHL has more competition. Do you consider them to have the best playoff system?

I like having only one team per conference on bye though.

This new rule is not for me, but I'll live.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:46 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 am I hate the idea of adding another playoff team from each conference. We already get 8-8 and the rare 7-9 team team in the playoffs. It's inching closer to the NHL, where if you have a pulse, you make the post season.

I know it's about adding revenue for the NFL, but they're watering down the product.
The 7-9 and 8-8 playoff teams are largely division winners though. "If the newly proposed playoff system were in place the last 10 years we would have added:

• five 10-win teams
• nine 9-win teams
• six 8-win teams"

I mean 14 of the 20 teams would have had winning records. I think that adds more competition
By that logic the NHL has more competition. Do you consider them to have the best playoff system?

I mean it's change and I'm not a fan right now either, but I think it's a good thing. I mean 14 out of 32 teams is still less than 16/30 (NBA) or 16/31 soon to be 32 (NHL).

The NBA has way too many teams in it. They could be reduced by 4 or 6 teams and it wouldn't affect the final outcome imo.

However, NHL has plenty of teams from lower seeds challenge top regular season teams all the time. It's bit of an unpredictable sport and changes a lot come playoff time, similar to the NFL really.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:13 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 am

• five 10-win teams
• nine 9-win teams
• six 8-win teams"

I mean it's change and I'm not a fan right now either, but I think it's a good thing. I mean 14 out of 32 teams is still less than 16/30 (NBA) or 16/31 soon to be 32 (NHL).

The NBA has way too many teams in it. They could be reduced by 4 or 6 teams and it wouldn't affect the final outcome imo.

However, NHL has plenty of teams from lower seeds challenge top regular season teams all the time. It's bit of an unpredictable sport and changes a lot come playoff time, similar to the NFL really.
Id would absolutely say the NHL's playoffs are competitive. Just this year the Canucks and the Islanders (two of the lower seeded teams in each conference) have knocked off the last two Stanley cup winners, the Islanders beat the #1 seed in the East, and the Canucks took the #1 seed in the west to game 7. I dont like the new playoff system the added to mimic the old NFL system, I thought it was way better when it was the top 8 teams from each conference have to slug it out regardless of divisions and such, that makes it the best against the best no matter what
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:01 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:01 pm I think everyone here is grossly under estimating how bad Indys defense actually was last year.

Jaguars were 29th in PA

Colts were 26th in PA

I think Gary Minshew keeps them more in this than you all think. I could easily see this being 38-35, 28-24, or some score where the point total exceeds 50 and is within a touchdown.
Jacksonville is going to get slaughtered this week. Not even the Mustache can save them.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:03 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:01 pm I think everyone here is grossly under estimating how bad Indys defense actually.

Jaguars were 29th in PA
was last year
Colts were 26th in PA

I think Gary Minshew keeps them more in this than you all think. I could easily see this being 38-35, 28-24, or some score where the point total exceeds 50 and is within a touchdown.

I was actually thinking this when everyone was saying this was going to be a blowout. Does Indy win?? Yes. But the score is going to be like 30-23

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:10 pm

• five 10-win teams
• nine 9-win teams
• six 8-win teams"

NFL had a great system. The destroyed it due to greed. 2 conferences 4 teams per division, 8 divisions, 16 games, 32 teams.

I still find it ridiculous they will be the only league to have an uneven amount of home games vs away games, and games in general. There is no rational argument for it, other than we want more money. It doesn't make the game better. Players hate it, but enough voted for it due to the financial boost. None of them like the extra game, though. NFL's schedule is now Bush League, but it doesn't matter, because nobody will stop watching. Sports increasingly sacrifice the best ideas for the competition of their league for more money, because it's really all they care about.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:31 pm

Sutton hurt with shoulder injury.
Lions being very cautious with Golladay.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:10 pm

NFL had a great system. The destroyed it due to greed. 2 conferences 4 teams per division, 8 divisions, 16 games, 32 teams.

I still find it ridiculous they will be the only league to have an uneven amount of home games vs away games, and games in general. There is no rational argument for it, other than we want more money. It doesn't make the game better. Players hate it, but enough voted for it due to the financial boost. None of them like the extra game, though. NFL's schedule is now Bush League, but it doesn't matter, because nobody will stop watching. Sports increasingly sacrifice the best ideas for the competition of their league for more money, because it's really all they care about.
I'm sure the league exists primarily for the enjoyment of the fans resulting in the profit of the owners. The players happiness and welfare is likely secondary. I wouldn't really consider it greed as it isn't overly excessive. It's not like they add games every single year., just once a decade. 99.9% of all business transactions are made to ultimately make more money, in any line of work.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:48 pm

So... just to be clear... you're complaining about having MORE playoff football.

Got it. :D

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:36 pm

D Williams in on 3rd down. Time to panic!

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:37 pm

Every Tyreek and Kelce owner: NOOOOOOO
After replay: YEEEEEEEEEEEEES
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:36 pm D Williams in on 3rd down. Time to panic!
Came here to say this. Also 3 YPC on his career. Not impressed
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 pm

saw061600 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:37 pm Every Tyreek and Kelce owner: NOOOOOOO
Mahomes owner: pauses

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 pm
saw061600 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:37 pm Every Tyreek and Kelce owner: NOOOOOOO
Mahomes owner: pauses
And not impressed

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:47 pm

DJ looks smaller.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH