Antonio Gibson Rocket Ship - Round 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:07 am

Krypto_King wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:32 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 am I'm not a Gibson believer. I see a trend with a lot of these boom/bust guys, that the doubters will list legitimate, well thought out posts about the concerns around him... The 30 some college carries and playing against little competition. I faded Henderson for the same reason. Him running over lower level competition wasn't impressive to me. I mean Gibsons size speed at Memphis is going to look much different in the NFL... While the believers have blinders on and will try and find anything to hype him up.

Maybe I'm just having a hard time buying the hype. I'd have AT LEAST 8 WR and 7 RB and Burrow in front of him so mid to late 2nd is fine to me, but I feel like he's going sooner than that everywhere now. Such little experience and being drafted to Washington is basically a death sentence to a career in itself for me so I guess I'll miss out on the next... CPatt.
clyde edwards-hilllllarious bro

literally. literally. the only knock is, "well I haven't seen him do it 200 times in a row." That's a horrible knock. SIZE. ATHLETICISM. DRAFT CAPITAL. OPPORTUNITY. USAGE. PRODUCTION.

I provided a list of ACTUAL comps (instead of the dozens of WRs listed) and you guys pointed out the others were 1st round picks as some sort of insult? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Keep betting on those 24 year old WRs with 1 year of production and championing them as guaranteed year 1 producer locks. The arguments against are a complete joke. Please fix your process people
No, your comps were running backs in college, and you were comparing them to Gibson, a WR. You need to fix your process. You manipulated facts to fit your narrative. Gibson doesn't compare to those players. I could cherry pick an arbitrary set of requirements to make Gibson look just as bad as that "comp" you made, that neglected the actual position of the players when they played in college. Giving those receptions to Gibson is a comical attempt to lump him into a group of players he has no business being in, because he wasn't a RB. That's why he had 33 carries. Why don't you mention the carries/yards and TD's those other RB's had in the year they had at least 25 receptions?

One of these things is not like the other....

Taylor 320/2044/21

Saquon 272/1634/18

217/1393/18

Mendenhall 262/1681/19

Ronnie Brown 153/913/8

Antonio Gibson 33/363/4

I'll allow people to research the conferences and level of competition these guys played, too. A little homework... :wink:

Stop the nonsensical comparisons of a player who didn't play the position for any relevant amount of time to those who did, and produced at that position. Sticking him in the backfield for a few plays here and there doesn't make him an RB, that's why he wasn't listed at that position in college, so comparing him to those other players on a statistical threshold of receptions, when he was actually a receiver, not a running back, and trying to hold that as some sort of merit, is an inaccurate reach. It's a cherry picked statistical threshold to fit him in with a completely higher caliber of prospect.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:43 am

Krypto_King wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:32 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:32 am I'm not a Gibson believer. I see a trend with a lot of these boom/bust guys, that the doubters will list legitimate, well thought out posts about the concerns around him... The 30 some college carries and playing against little competition. I faded Henderson for the same reason. Him running over lower level competition wasn't impressive to me. I mean Gibsons size speed at Memphis is going to look much different in the NFL... While the believers have blinders on and will try and find anything to hype him up.

Maybe I'm just having a hard time buying the hype. I'd have AT LEAST 8 WR and 7 RB and Burrow in front of him so mid to late 2nd is fine to me, but I feel like he's going sooner than that everywhere now. Such little experience and being drafted to Washington is basically a death sentence to a career in itself for me so I guess I'll miss out on the next... CPatt.
clyde edwards-hilllllarious bro

literally. literally. the only knock is, "well I haven't seen him do it 200 times in a row." That's a horrible knock. SIZE. ATHLETICISM. DRAFT CAPITAL. OPPORTUNITY. USAGE. PRODUCTION.

I provided a list of ACTUAL comps (instead of the dozens of WRs listed) and you guys pointed out the others were 1st round picks as some sort of insult? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Keep betting on those 24 year old WRs with 1 year of production and championing them as guaranteed year 1 producer locks. The arguments against are a complete joke. Please fix your process people
Makes sense now.

Not sure where you are getting 24 year old WR with 1 year of production, or how that is relevant to anything about Gibson. Are you talking about Van Jefferson? Because I'm way down on him but he's he only 24 year old I know of.... Maybe you're talking about Aiyuk? He only had 1 real year of production but is only 22 now... Again how does that have anything to do with Gibson?

Me saying I want Pittman, Higgins, and Edwards before Gibson is really off putting to you? They all have SIZE and ATHLETICISM in varying amounts, nothing that worries me. DRAFT CAPITAL, a round ahead of Gibson (minus Edwards). OPPORTUNITY, Pittman could be a starter once TY or Parris misses time which is likely and Edwards already looks to be a starter. PRODUCTION, Edwards BA is <18. Higgins is 18 and they all had multiple years of USAGE in college.

So, tell me again what Gibson has for those that makes him such a surefire year 1 producer?
SIZE. ATHLETICISM. This is his driving factor and he looks good in combine clothing.
DRAFT CAPITAL. 3rd round, not bad. He was the 7th RB taken and would've been the 14th WR. That's about where he's going in rookie drafts, so I'm not sure what you see that NFL scouts didn't.
OPPORTUNITY. No more opportunity than Dillon or Moss who I have ranked just ahead of him.
USAGE. PRODUCTION. These are his main knocks. That and the actual college level of competition he was playing against. I faded Henderson last year because I wasn't impressed that he did it all at Memphis against inferior competition. Now he goes to Washington. The team without a name because they are handled so poorly. To a coach who doesn't scheme for special RB and no, Gibson isn't CMC comparable.

He's my RB8 and behind at least 8 WR and probably Burrow. Not sure why being a mid to late 2nd is worth arguing about. But if you want to provide more information on Gibson that may make me change my mind, go for it. All I've heard is he's big, fast, the dismissal of his minimal college workload as being a non-factor, and now something about 24 yr old 1 year wonder WR which applies to...???

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:03 am

Reports are that AD is getting cut. So add more fuel to this fire I suppose.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:08 am

TimeWillTell wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:03 am Reports are that AD is getting cut. So add more fuel to this fire I suppose.
Annnd he’s been released. Here we goooo

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:12 am

REPTAR wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:08 am
TimeWillTell wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:03 am Reports are that AD is getting cut. So add more fuel to this fire I suppose.
This is going to be comedic. Bryce Love, here we gooooo! :lol:

Is this a counter tank job for Lawrence, vs the Jags????

The funny part is, Peyton Barber may be the early down back, now. :lol: But seriously, he's the likely week 1 early down back.

This is offence is like the Jags. I am thinking it's Tank for Trevor vs Flopping for Fields with the Jags.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:27 am

OP here again. I took Aiyuk over him on Sunday. I would not do the same today. Doh.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:51 am

REPTAR wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:08 am
Dropped him last night after seeing blurb he was a potential roster cut and someone dropped Goedert! someone else already picked him up!
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:57 am

Pile on the Gibson goodness

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:01 am

LEEEEROOOYYYYYY GIBBBBSSOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:11 am

Gibson gets another value bump.

I'm surprised WSH kept Barber over AP.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:15 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:11 am Gibson gets another value bump.

I'm surprised WSH kept Barber over AP.
Sell time. After a cut, the Barber is the real money maker. :wink:

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:19 am

How is Gibson going to take AP’s role? Maybe this means more manufactured touches but isn’t this better news for Barber/Love?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:23 am

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:19 am How is Gibson going to take AP’s role? Maybe this means more manufactured touches but isn’t this better news for Barber/Love?
Of course it is. Barber is a guy who just keeps hanging around, despite FF players distain for him. NFL coaches see him as a viable early down option, at a cheap cost. He's done really well for himself. Matt Waldman knows how to pick those UDFA's, was on him as a viable NFL RB, same with Jalen Richard, to name another.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:23 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:01 am LEEEEROOOYYYYYY GIBBBBSSOOOONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1st x2 (early, early); 3rd (early)
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1st (early), 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:37 am

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:19 am How is Gibson going to take AP’s role? Maybe this means more manufactured touches but isn’t this better news for Barber/Love?
WAS just officially acknowledged that they know they are in full rebuild. They didn’t saddle AD with running for a team that is going to lose a lot of games and instead let him make his own deal with another team, likely a contender. I think that shows some respect for him and his career.

That said, that also means that the coaches feel no pressure to win, which means they can roll the dice a bit and see what they have moving forward. I’m guessing that means early on that younger unproven guys are going to get their turns in the backfield. If I’m reading this right, the move is to fade Barber and look for Love and Gibson to get the hot hand approach until one if them seizes the job if they can. It would not surprise me in the least if both Love and Gibson get 150 or more touches each this year. And if that is correct, which one is more capable of turning those touches into the most FF points? My money would be on Gibson, but that’s as much being concerned that Love can’t get back to his former self after his knee injury as it is that I think Gibson is going to get sufficient work that he’ll get enough opportunity to showcase his crazy athleticism and to learn the finer points of playing at the NFL level that he’ll need moving forward.