Need to make a cut

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Need to make a cut

Postby MFundercover » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:50 pm

I shouldn't be so indecisive about making a cut for team 1. It's got to be either Mooney or Ford.

Mooney has the upside of the unknown, but has a bad QB situation. Ford looked solid last year, but probably doesnt have much upside.

Or cut somebody else? Team 1 in sig

Miso_Neil
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Need to make a cut

Postby Miso_Neil » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 pm

I get what you are saying, but I think I rather have someone who produced something rather than a complete unknown.. Plus Ford could get more work with opt outs.
Hawaii Menehunes, 10-Team, 0.5 PPR QB/2RB/3WR/2WRT/TE
L. Jackson, D. Carr, B. Mayfield
J. Taylor, S. Barkley, R. White, D. Achane, Z. Charbonnet, D. Vaughn, R. Penny, D. McBride, D. Jackson
J. Jefferson, T. Higgins, G. Wilson, T. McLaurin, D. Samuel, M. Evans, N. Collins, M. Hardman, M. Bryant, J. Metchie
M. Andrews, J. Ferguson

Taxi Squad- E. Ezukanma, D. Thompson-Robinson, S. Toure, D. Washington

2024 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4

Tucson Trash Cans, 12-Team Superflex, 0.5PPR
J. Fields, D. Watson, D. Ridder
J. Gibbs, A. Jones, M. Sanders, Z. Charbonnet, D. Achane
D. Smith, K. Allen, C. Sutton,, A. Thielen, C. Claypool, N. Collins
K. Pitts
J. Myers

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:21 pm

Freeman is an option if you want to keep Mooney or Ford. Four TEs is a lot too.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:41 pm

RBs are tough to come by, I like the upside of Royce becoming a valuable handcuff enough to keep him over my WRs. I've been trimming down tight end, but Njoku is a hold to me, and I think Everett is a better flier than the WRs.

One other option would be trying to sell jordan Howard for a 2nd round pick. I originally bought him for depth, but I ended up handcuffing 3 strong backfields, so I'm not sure I'll need him. I do love having RB depth in dynasty, since you cant just roll a hot waiver pick up.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 pm

well your other options are njoku freeman and jamaal williams. You could also move Mooney to taxi instead of collin johnson and drop him? We see guys who get picked because of size alone and this collin fits that. Mooney definitely has more upside than him. I'd drop the 4 I mentioned over Mooney and Ford.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:23 pm

Mooney went undrafted so he can't be moved to taxi. During the draft I talked myself out of Mooney, thinking he'd be too small to make an impact in the nfl, but I wish I'd drafted him instead of Johnson.

I think Jamaal still has relevance, especially if Jones gets injured, and Dillon is going to be too expensive for me to buy.

Royce is a tough cut. If he goes somewhere he could be a valuable handcuff.

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Whatevs6 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:42 pm

I agree with the Williams and Freeman recommendations.

I think other options to cut are Reynolds and St. Brown too.

I personally like Mooney. He's really fast and was prolific in college. I think he has a legit non-zero chance of eventually being the WR2 in Chicago.
12 Team Dynasty .5 PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 IDP

QB: D. Prescott, D. Carr
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Ekeler, I. Pacheco, J. Cook, J. Warren, G. Edwards, K. Miller,
WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, C. Olave, A. Cooper, G. Pickens, J. Reed, D. Douglas, D. Mooney, R. Bateman, R. Moore, D. Peoples-Jones
TE: S. LaPorta, D. Waller, J. Johnson
IDP: F. Oluokun, B. Wagner, T. Edwards, K. White
K:
DEF:

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:44 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:23 pm Mooney went undrafted so he can't be moved to taxi. During the draft I talked myself out of Mooney, thinking he'd be too small to make an impact in the nfl, but I wish I'd drafted him instead of Johnson.

I think Jamaal still has relevance, especially if Jones gets injured, and Dillon is going to be too expensive for me to buy.

Mooney did not go undrafted. He was picked in the 5th round.

Edit: Just realized you meant in your league draft. whoops. lmao

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:35 pm

jjleurquin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:44 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:23 pm Mooney went undrafted so he can't be moved to taxi. During the draft I talked myself out of Mooney, thinking he'd be too small to make an impact in the nfl, but I wish I'd drafted him instead of Johnson.

Mooney did not go undrafted. He was picked in the 5th round.

Edit: Just realized you meant in your league draft. whoops. lmao
All good.

I did cut Mooney, not sure how I feel. Really wish I had drafted him in the 5th round over Collin Johnson. Hes not very good. Just big. Auden Tate is his ceiling. I'm thinking I should have cut Everett instead.

I actually like St. Brown as a flier. He has talent, a legendary qb, and relatively little competition.