General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Leonard Fournette: Released!!!!!???

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:35 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:18 pm
TheNuts wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:04 pm Just saw on sleeper the Rams were floated. Can they afford Fournette with their poor cap space? That would definitely be an upgrade over Jax for him. Obviously they wouldn't trade for him before, so how are they going to afford him on a team where they can't even afford to pay both Woods and Kupp?
Rumours are going to be flying, I can't see it.
LAR wasnt interested in him in this case he said he wanted to go there because hes friends with jalen
There are two teams in LA though...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:32 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:18 pm
TheNuts wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:04 pm Just saw on sleeper the Rams were floated. Can they afford Fournette with their poor cap space? That would definitely be an upgrade over Jax for him. Obviously they wouldn't trade for him before, so how are they going to afford him on a team where they can't even afford to pay both Woods and Kupp?
Rumours are going to be flying, I can't see it.
LAR wasnt interested in him in this case he said he wanted to go there because hes friends with jalen
This isn't the NBA, unfortunately, for Leonard.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:42 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:57 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:42 pm There a lot of talk about how little he may be worth etc but the real point is what HE thinks he's worth.
As the to the Eagles and Hyde point, the Eagles didn't get Hyde because they low balled him, maybe with Sanders injury they might re asses and offer LF a deal but with their cap space I doubt they can afford the price that LF thinks he is worth (my assumption is he thinks he's worth a lot more than Hyde, regardless what us fantasy GMs think he's worth).
LF and especially his agents know that there is not going to be big money available to them right now, and the best path to the most earning potential going forward is a 1 year prove it deal, and then hopefully getting an extension or longterm contract in the open market in the offseason. He's not going to be unobtainable financially for any team in the league that really wants him this year.
You are coming from a view of common sense, you're braver then me predicting them to do the same. Freeman seems to be unobtainable, what about Fournette makes you think he's going to come at this from a smarter angle than Freeman and Freemans' agents?
I'm not arguing that it won't happen, just curious what makes you seem so confident here.
Also my main point was more to do with the Eagles, they wouldn't offer Hyde a big enough deal so I can't see them offering Fournette a better deal than some other teams.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:54 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:42 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:42 pm There a lot of talk about how little he may be worth etc but the real point is what HE thinks he's worth.
As the to the Eagles and Hyde point, the Eagles didn't get Hyde because they low balled him, maybe with Sanders injury they might re asses and offer LF a deal but with their cap space I doubt they can afford the price that LF thinks he is worth (my assumption is he thinks he's worth a lot more than Hyde, regardless what us fantasy GMs think he's worth).
LF and especially his agents know that there is not going to be big money available to them right now, and the best path to the most earning potential going forward is a 1 year prove it deal, and then hopefully getting an extension or longterm contract in the open market in the offseason. He's not going to be unobtainable financially for any team in the league that really wants him this year.
You are coming from a view of common sense, you're braver then me predicting them to do the same. Freeman seems to be unobtainable, what about Fournette makes you think he's going to come at this from a smarter angle than Freeman and Freemans' agents?
I'm not arguing that it won't happen, just curious what makes you seem so confident here.
Also my main point was more to do with the Eagles, they wouldn't offer Hyde a big enough deal so I can't see them offering Fournette a better deal than some other teams.
Freeman got his big money contract and has said he's fine not playing if he doesn't get an offer he feels is worth his time. Fournette has not gotten that big payday and some of the guaranteed money in his rookie deal is even in dispute, on top of him obviously not getting the truly big money in the 5th year option 1st round picks get. Hyde is on his last legs as an NFL RB and probably was looking for one last decent payday, because he's not getting much going forward no matter how he plays. Fournette is a very different situation than both of those guys.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:54 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:42 pm

Freeman got his big money contract and has said he's fine not playing if he doesn't get an offer he feels is worth his time. Fournette has not gotten that big payday and some of the guaranteed money in his rookie deal is even in dispute, on top of him obviously not getting the truly big money in the 5th year option 1st round picks get. Hyde is on his last legs as an NFL RB and probably was looking for one last decent payday, because he's not getting much going forward no matter how he plays. Fournette is a very different situation than both of those guys.
Fournette has already made 22 million dollars as a top 5 NFL draft pick; Freeman over his entire career has made 24 million.

Hardly a massive discrepancy in total earnings.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:36 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 pm

Fournette has already made 22 million dollars as a top 5 NFL draft pick; Freeman over his entire career has made 24 million.

Hardly a massive discrepancy in total earnings.
And Freeman based on his age and size has no chance of making much more than that going forward, he's pretty much maxed his earning potential. Fournette on the other hand has the youth and talent to still land a big payday and has several years of earnings ahead of him. He's not going to get that right now though, the only way he gets it is by getting back on the field somewhere and hopefully reminding everyone of the RB they saw in 2014/2015 his first two years at LSU.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:55 pm

May I never read a "team X doesn't want player Y anymore so they're going to build their offense around him" take again

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:59 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm Is there any precedence for a 1st round RB being outright cut by their original team before their rookie contract is up? Closest thing I can think of is Trent Richardson who was at least cut by the team that traded for him.
Cedric Benson.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:30 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:59 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm Is there any precedence for a 1st round RB being outright cut by their original team before their rookie contract is up? Closest thing I can think of is Trent Richardson who was at least cut by the team that traded for him.
Cedric Benson.
That's a nice choice, he had a nice rebound to his career in CIN. But he was released after some off the field Alcohol issues and was trending on bust with CHI never eclipsing 750 rushing yards.

Oddly enough he was also the #4 overall pick!

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:42 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:30 pm
Cedric Benson.
That's a nice choice, he had a nice rebound to his career in CIN. But he was released after some off the field Alcohol issues and was trending on bust with CHI never eclipsing 750 rushing yards.

Rest in Peace
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:27 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:30 pm
Cedric Benson.

Fournette had a lot of non football related issues as well. Not as bad as Benson's, nor was his performance, but really for both guys it took a combination of underwhelming on the field performance and a multitude of off the field issues to ultimately lead to their release. I don't think the Jags would have straight up cut Fournette if they didn't have the history of off the headcase issues with him as well.

There are a lot of similarities right down to, as you said, where they were picked.

FWIW Benson first joined Cincy by signing a 1yr/525k prove it deal. He had some decent years in Cincy, but his fantasy value was never the same.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:31 pm

Chris Perry
Beanie Wells
Willis McGahee
Michael Bennett

And a few others who were cheaply traded away.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

fakespike13
Role Player
Role Player

Postby fakespike13 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:21 am

This news has me feeling gross because I just traded LF to my best friend 10 days ago. I’m sure most would be doing a jig in my shoes but I just feel bad for my friend.

In a 1 QB 16 team league (with return yardage points), the deal was my Lockett and Fournette for his 1.05, 2.05, Mattison. It felt fair at the time and a twitter poll had it 65% to 35% in his favor, but now it just feels gross. I think I’m going to offer to him to largely undo the trade. I already made the picks this past weekend but I’m sure he’d be happy with my picks haha. Ugh goddammit. My team is just obnoxiously stacked to ungodly proportions after this draft and it won’t hurt me.

Anyone else ever feel bad about winning a trade too badly and actually undone it for the sake of a clear conscience? Stories?
Auesome Ekcellent
2013, 2017, 2018 Champ
16 team PPR, 20 man rosters + 10 player taxi, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, D, K

QB: Wilson, Mayfield, Lance, Hill
RB: Kamara, Cook, Ekeler, CEH, Akers, Mattison, Ty Johnson, Funk, Nwangwu
WR: Tyreek, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Aiyuk, Golladay, Chark, Edwards, Shenault, Palmer, Dyami
TE: Kittle, Thomas

2022: 1,2,3,4,5

Irrational Integers
12 team SF
QB: Prescott, Watson, Minshew, D Jones, Newton
RB: Swift, J Williams, Akers, Cordarrelle, Mitchell
WR: Waddle, E Moore, Claypool, Patterson, R Moore, Bourne, Callaway, Treadwell
TE: Goedert, Shultz, Tonyan, Moreau, Parham

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:57 am

fakespike13 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:21 am This news has me feeling gross because I just traded LF to my best friend 10 days ago. I’m sure most would be doing a jig in my shoes but I just feel bad for my friend.

In a 1 QB 16 team league (with return yardage points), the deal was my Lockett and Fournette for his 1.05, 2.05, Mattison. It felt fair at the time and a twitter poll had it 65% to 35% in his favor, but now it just feels gross. I think I’m going to offer to him to largely undo the trade. I already made the picks this past weekend but I’m sure he’d be happy with my picks haha. Ugh goddammit. My team is just obnoxiously stacked to ungodly proportions after this draft and it won’t hurt me.

Anyone else ever feel bad about winning a trade too badly and actually undone it for the sake of a clear conscience? Stories?
Fournette could still land on his feet. Way too early to say he's been ripped off at this point (especially since he "won" the trade to start).

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:02 am

fakespike13 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:21 am This news has me feeling gross because I just traded LF to my best friend 10 days ago. I’m sure most would be doing a jig in my shoes but I just feel bad for my friend.

There is zero chance I'd feel bad about it and agree that the Lockett/Fournette was the better side pre release and still could be. All it takes is a good landing spot and it'll look like you got fleeced..TB for example.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler