Antonio Gibson Rocket Ship - Round 2

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:15 am

FiremanEd wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:51 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:14 am Someone please explain to me how Gibson and Ballage are similar. IMO that’s a terrible comp.
Size/speed prospects viewed to have PPR appeal, but with limited sample size, getting hyped as a future big thing. Efficiency of the sample size obviously is different, but these are what I assume would be the comparison.
Athletically Gibson is in a different class than Ballage, as well as college production. For Pete’s sake, Ballage had a career 4.4 ypa vs PAC12 Ds. Given that, how could anyone project Ballage to do anything significant as a pro pre-draft? Gibson may bust too, but Ballage looks to me like a really poor and lazy comp.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:50 am

just drafted him yesterday at the 2.4 in a 12 man 1 QB league, was happy to get him there.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:07 am

Got a quandry ... Have a 1 QB standard lg with a need @ RB with 7,10 &13th picks. Like our chances @ getting Akers @ 7 ... but do you go A.Gibson @ 10 & hope Dillon makes 13

Also Mostert is likely to be available for the taking. Where would you go after A.Gibson. Thinking he'd be good @ 13 but if not then Mostert or Dillon should be.. Might use 10 on Burrow since @ QB all we have is Brees & Lamar thinking we need our backup of the future. Dont pick again until 27 so Tua & Joey will be long gone

Gibson is also more of a long term consideration & not needed for this year as anything more than deep depth. Really intrigued by the potential as a new David Johnson type tho

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:10 am

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:07 am Got a quandry ... Have a 1 QB standard lg with a need @ RB with 7,10 &13th picks. Like our chances @ getting Akers @ 7 ... but do you go A.Gibson @ 10 & hope Dillon makes 13

Also Mostert is likely to be available for the taking. Where would you go after A.Gibson. Thinking he'd be good @ 13 but if not then Mostert or Dillon should be.. Might use 10 on Burrow since @ QB all we have is Brees & Lamar thinking we need our backup of the future. Dont pick again until 27 so Tua & Joey will be long gone

Gibson is also more of a long term consideration & not needed for this year as anything more than deep depth. Really intrigued by the potential as a new David Johnson type tho
I wouldn't recomend any of those decisions other than taking Akers at 7. By far the best players at 10 are gonna be wr with Jefferson, raegor and ruggs. 13 unless Gibson falls it'll be wr again.

#5willalwaysloveyou
Role Player
Role Player

Postby #5willalwaysloveyou » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:24 am

Rather take a chance on Gibson or Darrell Henderson?
12 team ppr 1qb

QB: Josh Allen

RB:miles Sanders,Damien Harris, JK Dobbins, gallaman, ty Johnson, gus Edwards, alex collins, Larry rountree, Tyson williams

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Devante Adams, Kenny golladay, Tyler Lockett, Michael Thomas, n’keal harry, jakobi Meyers, van jefferson

TE: George kittle, Jonnu Smith, Kyle pitts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:27 am

Well, Washington must see something in Gibson because they’re installing offensive wrinkles that would seem to be aimed at getting the ball in his hands:
ANTONIO GIBSON
WR, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Washington OC Scott Turner is adding more motion and reverses.

The Washington Football Team is undergoing one of the biggest offensive scheme changes in the NFL this offseason. Washington was 28th in pass attempts, 30th in neutral-situation pass rate, and 31st in neutral-situation pace last season and just brought in Carolina's offensive coordinator who led an offense that ranked 2nd, 4th, and 5th in those same metrics. It's great news for Rotoworld favorite Terry McLaurin, but the pre-snap motion and reverse wrinkles are specifically encouraging for Antonio Gibson. The rookie is unlikely to walk into a traditional running back role right away -- picking up blitzes may prove difficult -- but he can be a player that's schemed the ball out of the backfield. Gibson is now being drafted near the 100th overall pick in drafts.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:15 am
FiremanEd wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:51 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:14 am Someone please explain to me how Gibson and Ballage are similar. IMO that’s a terrible comp.
Size/speed prospects viewed to have PPR appeal, but with limited sample size, getting hyped as a future big thing. Efficiency of the sample size obviously is different, but these are what I assume would be the comparison.
Athletically Gibson is in a different class than Ballage, as well as college production. For Pete’s sake, Ballage had a career 4.4 ypa vs PAC12 Ds. Given that, how could anyone project Ballage to do anything significant as a pro pre-draft? Gibson may bust too, but Ballage looks to me like a really poor and lazy comp.
Fireman Ed summed it up. Both big and fast with good receiving chops. Neither had good instincts as a runner, but Gibson absolutely is the better prospect.

His 33 career rushes against AAC competition are promising, but such a small sample

Word is coaches didn't trust Gibson's instincts as a runner or his understanding of the game.

He's a great project, but there's no point to draft him at his current ADP. Buy him in a year or two when he's essentially free once he actually begins to grasp the position.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:53 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:10 am
cazzie33 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:07 am Got a quandry ... Have a 1 QB standard lg with a need @ RB with 7,10 &13th picks. Like our chances @ getting Akers @ 7 ... but do you go A.Gibson @ 10 & hope Dillon makes 13

I wouldn't recomend any of those decisions other than taking Akers at 7. By far the best players at 10 are gonna be wr with Jefferson, raegor and ruggs. 13 unless Gibson falls it'll be wr again.
Agreed if my Wrs weren't so ridiculously good. Evans, D.J. Moore, Sutton, Diggs, A.J. Green, Golladay with a promising A. Miller as the worst-case scenario. Only Lamb & Jeudy would crack our top 5 for the next couple of years.

Trying to snag Kamara or move up to top 3 picks but nobody's budging. So going to grab as many young RBs and see which one might hit. Thinking Gibson could hit it the biggest of the bunch if all goes right. Biggest chance of not clicking at all and being the next Chritine Michael who never picked the nuances of the game. Much safer to go Moss or Dillon who will have a role for sure (also Mostert is available) but we shoot for the stars 🌟

Washington offense is the one that made CMC the SUPERSTAR & Gibson could inherit that role of excelling as a receiver with RB eligibility toting the rock. Obviously not the polished route runner or possessing the craftiness as a runner but give us 2/3 of McCaffrey and we will be happy @ the 10th or 13th pick

On the clock will try to get extra by offering other GMs chance to leapfrog if they value Reagor or Jefferson over guys that will be available @ 15 / 16. Will be fine getting two of the 4 (Dillon/Gibson/ Moss/ Mostert)

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:47 am
Word is coaches didn't trust Gibson's instincts as a runner or his understanding of the game.
I'd love to see some receipts on this

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:20 pm
Well, his carries are kind of that. Either that, or they didn't think he was as good as the other Memphis backs. Nobody has ever trusted him to get significant carries/touches, even in JUCO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:17 pm
Well, his carries are kind of that. Either that, or they didn't think he was as good as the other Memphis backs. Nobody has ever trusted him to get significant carries/touches, even in JUCO.
It's all over various scouting reports. He's an athletic freak who currently isn't a good route runner and is very limited as a tailback.
16 team league

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:38 pm

It's all over various scouting reports. He's an athletic freak who currently isn't a good route runner and is very limited as a tailback.
Basically what I saw out of him. I think his realistic outcome is 3rd down back who catches a lot of passes with some manufactured rushes in certain package. 9-12 touches a game, and some returning duties. I don't think there's a good chance he's an NFL caliber starting tailback. The odds are really against that being a reality.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:41 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:38 pm

Basically what I saw out of him. I think his realistic outcome is 3rd down back who catches a lot of passes with some manufactured rushes in certain package. 9-12 touches a game, and some returning duties. I don't think there's a good chance he's an NFL caliber starting tailback. The odds are really against that being a reality.
I agree. WSH gave JD McKissic decent money for a backup, essentially the same as AP in 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets work on passing downs. He's a better route runner than Gibson.
16 team league

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:14 pm

twitter scouts, NFL scouts? how do any of them know what the coaches think of the player? seems like you have some insider info you aren't sharing

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:28 pm

gibson mainly working with the 1sts.

love working with the 2nds and 3rds.

missed out on him everywhere but he was going way too high for my liking.