The Zack Moss thread.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

The Zack Moss thread.

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Looked for a thread on this guy. Just traded for him in a dynasty today. I missed him in the draft and i kept hearing all these good reports...so i overpaid a bit to get him on my team. I had to give up Justin Jefferson in the trade :?

I don't like the situation with Singletary already there but i think this guys talent will rise to the top. it's also a good thing that he's in the passing catching (blocking and catching)...looks to be above average pass blocking. I've seen him floor LBs a few times. And displays soft hands. my biggest knock on him was breakaway speed but he still will break off solid chunk plays with his vision and ability to break tackles. reminds me alot of marshawn.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Zack Moss thread.

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:53 pm

I was early on this guy. Was calling him a sleeper, who would surprise people before most knew who he was. His combine disappointed me. I think he's going to take a lot of the carries in Buffalo, though. Went to a good team for his skill set. Already hearing he's having an easier time on certain things than Singletary.

I really like him. I think he's a grinder, and his ceiling is limited, but he could be early years Jordan Howard for a few years, and that's not a bad thing. Better hands, too. I just mean that he's an intuitive runner who gains the tough yards, despite not being a great athlete. He's nowhere near Lynch's talent level, not even close, but he does have a mindset to be the attacker, against defenders. I think he can be a solid NFL RB for a few years, in that scheme. He'll get some goal line work too, hopefully over Allen, now. He'll get it over Singletary, no doubt.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:16 pm

my comparison to lynch is regards to his tackle breaking and elusiveness. He has that rare combination of elusiveness and power.

He might not be as talented but he seems like he models his game around Lynch. But yeah i watch pac12 so i've been a moss fan for a few years now. IDK about him being a sleeper though.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/2/2 ... hawn-lynch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJr3uFFNC0

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 am

I love Zach Moss. His hype is killing any D. Singletary noise, turning him into a screaming good value. I believe Singletary will be the clear 1a, and I’m also very high on his skill set. Admittedly a big fan, but Devin is the breakout candidate to me. So this Moss love has created a nice buy window, I would use it.

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 am I love Zach Moss. His hype is killing any D. Singletary noise, turning him into a screaming good value. I believe Singletary will be the clear 1a, and I’m also very high on his skill set. Admittedly a big fan, but Devin is the breakout candidate to me. So this Moss love has created a nice buy window, I would use it.
I like Singletary too but i also think his ceiling is capped a bit...Moss is a 3 down RB and if i had to guess he will get the GL work. I think it will be about keeping both guys fresh. I dont know what will happen but i can honestly i can see a 60-40 split

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:09 am

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am
sugbear65 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:38 am I love Zach Moss. His hype is killing any D. Singletary noise, turning him into a screaming good value. I believe Singletary will be the clear 1a, and I’m also very high on his skill set. Admittedly a big fan, but Devin is the breakout candidate to me. So this Moss love has created a nice buy window, I would use it.
I like Singletary too but i also think his ceiling is capped a bit...Moss is a 3 down RB and if i had to guess he will get the GL work. I think it will be about keeping both guys fresh. I dont know what will happen but i can honestly i can see a 60-40 split
While I think you are right, moss will get more goal line snaps than Singletary, I believe Allen will still get the bulk of the actual goal line carries. It's what makes him Josh Allen. Just like Cam, it's not so easy to just turn that off.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:23 am

CGW wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:09 am
straightcashhomie831 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 am
While I think you are right, moss will get more goal line snaps than Singletary, I believe Allen will still get the bulk of the actual goal line carries. It's what makes him Josh Allen. Just like Cam, it's not so easy to just turn that off.
i agree...but im more talking about who will be on the field. When they are in GL situations i think Moss will be out there...but im just guessing. Josh Allen will still be Josh Allen

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:49 am

The time to sell Singletary was last year, IMO. Moss will eat into his carries. I don't expect him to ever be more than a mid RB2.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

IWantToDieNasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby IWantToDieNasty » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:50 pm

I believe Buffalo will give Moss a ton of goal line carries and try to stop using Josh Allen on them. Using him the way the Panthers used Cam is a huge gamble and Moss a perfect skill set to take those situations from him. Moss's ceiling might be limited but I think he has a massively underrated situation. Traded Kerryon for a 2nd I used on Moss, and I'm stoked about it
12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR start 1 QB/1RB/1WR/1TE/5FLX

QB: Lamar, Cousins
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Kyren, Montgomery, Z Moss, G Edwards, Allgeier
WR: Davante, Aiyuk, Devonta, Rashee, C Kirk, Mims, E Moore
TE: Laporta, Hockenson, Waller, Taysom

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:10 pm

He's not (or he wasn't atleast) the sexy name like Dobbins, CEH, Swift, etc......but he's every bit as good if you ask me. No doubt his lack of breakaway speed is a concern but he should be a very good RB2 in that system. Allen with RPO will open plenty of lanes for him to truck through.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:15 pm

His game reminds me a lot of Kareem Hunt. Very similar measureables as well. Hunt is a little more agile, and Moss is a little more powerful, but eerily similar all-around RBs with very similar styles.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:15 pm His game reminds me a lot of Kareem Hunt. Very similar measureables as well. Hunt is a little more agile, and Moss is a little more powerful, but eerily similar all-around RBs with very similar styles.
That was my comp for the last few years as well. I don't think he's quite as athletic, I totally agree. I made this comp ages ago, nice to see someone else bring it up.
Janiel Dones Truther

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:09 am

this year's montgomery.

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:16 am

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:17 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:09 am this year's montgomery.
You’re in the wrong spot. You need to go find the Vaughn thread.