Grab Mims or Dillon first?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who to pick at 2.01?

Mims
52%
Dillon
48%

Total votes: 52

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Grab Mims or Dillon first?

Postby Avery » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Team 1 below.

Making moves on a rebuild and looking at both these guys at the top of my draft board.
I'm trying to trade into the 2.01 and if I do, will be back on the clock at 2.07 and in my best possible world, I'll get them both.

Looking at recent drafts, I see these guys flip flopping a lot over who goes first with both regularly going in the top half of the 2nd round and trying to prognosticate, looking at the teams picking between 2.01 and 2.07 there are various needs and tendencies so that doesn't provide much clarity.

I know some will say "neither" and I should take another player but for my board, I have these guys as my next top two but if it helps decide, posting the draft so far below (with my picks bolded).

So I guess it comes down to who do you prefer?

1.01 Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB (R)
1.02 Taylor, Jonathan IND RB (R)
1.03 Dobbins, J.K. BAL RB (R)
1.04 Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR (R)

1.05 Akers, Cam LAR RB (R)
1.06 Swift, D'Andre DET RB (R)
1.07 Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR (R)
1.08 Jefferson, Justin MIN WR (R)
1.09 Ruggs, Henry LVR WR (R)
1.10 Gibson, Antonio WAS RB (R)
1.11 Reagor, Jalen PHI WR (R)
1.12 Pittman, Michael IND WR (R)
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Grab Mims or Dillon first?

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:03 pm

Mims for me. He's got an easy track to the starting X on a team that will be losing a lot. Dillon is a 2 down banger behind Jones. I like Mims more. I think he's a good player.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Mims

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:56 pm

If you’re hoping to get both I’d grab Mims first. But Dillon hype is growing so he could be gone by 2.7
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:01 pm

Dillon for sure. Second round RBs with his skillset don't grow on trees. I really don't understand the infatuation with Mims, just take Claypool later if you want a size/speed guy.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:13 pm

Mims easily for me. I like Dillon as a runner but no involvement as a receiver drops him in ppr leagues for me.

Vick2Crumpler87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Vick2Crumpler87 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:01 am

Dillon.
12 Team SF PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SFLEX-1K-1DB-1DL-1LB (TE 1.5 ppr)
2018 Runner up, 2019 champion 2020 champion

QB - Matty Ice, K. Cousins, G. Minshew, J. Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, J. Robinson, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. White
WR - Julio, Nuk, JuJu, C. Ridley, Tyrell, KJ Hamler, K. Cole, J. Meyers, C. Johnson, V. Jefferson
TE - Z Ertz, T. Higbee, B. Jarwin, L. Thomas
K - T. Bass
DB - J. Chinn
DL - Chandler Jones, H. Reddick
LB - D. Leonard

10 Team PPR - 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-2RB/WR/TE-1K-1DST
2018 Runner up, 2019 3rd place, 2020 Runner up

QB - Matty Ice, Big Ben, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love
RB - D. Cook, J. Mixon, J. Taylor, M. Gordon, AJ Dillon, D. Freeman, Shady, R. Penny, J. Williams
WR - Julio, Nuk, C. Ridley, AJ Brown, A. Cooper, JuJu, TY Hilton, N. Harry, KJ Hamler, S. Miller, D. Peoples-Jones, V. Jefferson
TE - D. Waller, Z. Ertz, B. Jarwin
K - R. Blankenship
DST - Bucs

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:22 am

Gase will either get better or be gone. I want nothing to do with GB. Rodgers has 1 foot out the door and their pretty boy coach wants to recreate the Titans, with lesser talents. Their draft was atrocious this year. I have no faith in what GB is doing. Adams is about to leave his prime, Rodgers is about to walk, and their coach isn't the answer IMO. That team will stink in 2-3 years. Jets GM actually shows some signs of hope. Mims has such an easy path to targets, and has a very good profile. I don't want a RB that isn't a threat in the passing game on an offense going in the wrong direction, with a HOF QB on the way out the door. Jones is there this year, and next year, I doubt Rodgers is.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:22 am Gase will either get better or be gone. I want nothing to do with GB. Rodgers has 1 foot out the door and their pretty boy coach wants to recreate the Titans, with lesser talents. Their draft was atrocious this year. I have no faith in what GB is doing. Adams is about to leave his prime, Rodgers is about to walk, and their coach isn't the answer IMO. That team will stink in 2-3 years. Jets GM actually shows some signs of hope. Mims has such an easy path to targets, and has a very good profile. I don't want a RB that isn't a threat in the passing game on an offense going in the wrong direction, with a HOF QB on the way out the door. Jones is there this year, and next year, I doubt Rodgers is.
I mean the packers had their best season they've had since 2011. Obviously the packers weren't the best team, but a lot of the patriots teams that belichick has coached probably weren't the best either. Good coaching means you win close games, and while decisions like they made in this draft don't always make sense in the moment we can look back and have it make sense. Good coaches find ways to win against better teams, and that's what happened last year. I don't know how you can hate a coach after he went 13-3 his first season coaching.

Nightmares
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Nightmares » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:39 am

Okay, I'll be the one to say it, I'd take Higgins over both. If you are set on one of those two, I would take Mims, but there are several wrs that might make it to 2.7 like Viska, Aiyuk, Edwards or Claypool that I like quite a bit as well.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:53 am

PR0v3 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:01 pm Dillon for sure. Second round RBs with his skillset don't grow on trees. I really don't understand the infatuation with Mims, just take Claypool later if you want a size/speed guy.
x2. There will likely still be a bunch of WRs on the board at 2.07.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Goff, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Montgomery, Rhamondre, Hubbard, Akers, Gainwell
WR - Tyreek, AJB, Nico, Gabe, Elijah Moore
TE - Engram, Juwan
DL - TJ Watt, Josh Allen, Quinnen Williams, Highsmith
LB - Singleton, Devin Lloyd, Ernest Jones, Lavonte David
DB - Winfield, Julian Love, Delpit, Blankenship

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:09 am

I'm taking Higgins, Aiyuk, and Vaughn over Mims and Dillon myself.

But if you are sold on one of those two, give me Mims over Dillon.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

QB Browns
Role Player
Role Player

Postby QB Browns » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:20 am

I prefer to get Dillon, but if you want to gamble on it I think he's also the most likely to last to the 2.07. I actually really like both players, but neither is without question marks. I will say that I think the RB talent drops off significantly more than the WR talent about halfway through round 2
Team 1

10 team, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, DEF, .5 ppr

QB: D. Prescott, K. Cousins, A. Richardson, R. Tannehill, T. Lance

RB: A. Kamara, S. Barkley, Bi. Robinson, J. Conner, J. Dobbins, A. Dillon, D. Harris, R. Stephenson, K. Herbert, I. Spiller, Br. Robinson, K. Ingram, T. Spears, D. Foreman

WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, AJ Brown, C. Lamb, J. Waddle, K. Toney, J. Reed

TE: D. Waller, P. Friermuth, D. Kincaid

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:59 pm

Nightmares wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:39 am Okay, I'll be the one to say it, I'd take Higgins over both. If you are set on one of those two, I would take Mims, but there are several wrs that might make it to 2.7 like Viska, Aiyuk, Edwards or Claypool that I like quite a bit as well.
Couldn’t help but notice he was still on the board. I second this commotion.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, B. Hall, D. Henry, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson, M. Sanders, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP
WR AJ Brown, J. Chase, C. Lamb, C. Ridley, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, B. Mayfield, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo
1.03, 2.03, 2.06, 3.05, 4.06

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:22 am Gase will either get better or be gone. I want nothing to do with GB. Rodgers has 1 foot out the door and their pretty boy coach wants to recreate the Titans, with lesser talents. Their draft was atrocious this year. I have no faith in what GB is doing. Adams is about to leave his prime, Rodgers is about to walk, and their coach isn't the answer IMO. That team will stink in 2-3 years. Jets GM actually shows some signs of hope. Mims has such an easy path to targets, and has a very good profile. I don't want a RB that isn't a threat in the passing game on an offense going in the wrong direction, with a HOF QB on the way out the door. Jones is there this year, and next year, I doubt Rodgers is.
I love how this argument basically boils down to: Gase is terrible, so he'll either magically get better or he'll be fired and then whatever new system is in place will be better than GB's (NFC championship game w/rookie HC) which is similar to SF's ( SB appearance) and drafted a RB in the profile of last year's leading rusher on TEN (AFC championship appearance).

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/sta ... 48355?s=20

If we're really trying to project franchises I'd say 3 years from now Darnold will be on at least his 3rd (heck it could be 4th) offensive coordinator and head coach, and the Jets will be 1 year away from starting over with a brand new rookie QB.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely