Why isn't AJ Dillon going higher in rookie drafts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Why isn't AJ Dillon going higher in rookie drafts?

Postby Ice » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:16 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:00 am
Ice wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 am
FYI, The Packers had no issues ejecting on Lacy. They know more than most the shelf life of RB's.
To be fair Lacy did himself in. He didnt get the right support from the Pack he needed, but at the end of the day he ate himself out of a great career. Which I hate to say, but that was just his coping mechanism, and the Packers being a terrible organization let him fall through.
My take was Lacy was a One Contract Player back then. I felt he had lower body issues that went beyond his weight. Don't buy organizational issues. The dude was a man and was responsible. Not always someone else's fault.

BTW, I am not a Pack fan at all.

Oh well Back to Dillon. Time will tell but he is not really the kind of back I invest in.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:49 am

This dude got a comically oversized lower body

It's like someone copy/pasted two different torsos and legs together
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Achane, Dobbins, Algier, trash
WR: Nabers, Tank Dell, Addison, Shaheed, Thomas Jr. McConkey, K Coleman, JSN, QJ, S Jameson Williams, Corley, Polk, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, Juwan, Musgrave, Theo Johnson
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2025 1,1,1,1,2,3,4,5
2026- 1,2,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2027

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:07 am

Ice wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:16 am
Ice wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:48 am
FYI, The Packers had no issues ejecting on Lacy. They know more than most the shelf life of RB's.
To be fair Lacy did himself in. He didnt get the right support from the Pack he needed, but at the end of the day he ate himself out of a great career. Which I hate to say, but that was just his coping mechanism, and the Packers being a terrible organization let him fall through.
My take was Lacy was a One Contract Player back then. I felt he had lower body issues that went beyond his weight. Don't buy organizational issues. The dude was a man and was responsible. Not always someone else's fault.

Oh well Back to Dillon. Time will tell but he is not really the kind of back I invest in.
He literally tweeted about eating McDonalds before team meals.

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:08 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:49 am This dude got a comically oversized lower body

I'd say the torso is human, and those legs came off a horse. On steroids.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:11 am

oban14 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:08 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:49 am This dude got a comically oversized lower body

I'd say the torso is human, and those legs came off a horse. On steroids.
He looks better than Lacy did at any point in his career.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:22 am

Not sure why anybody is surprised with the photo (not saying here, just have heard some elsewhere). We saw him at the combine. It's like hearing Swift is doing well in passing drills. Or Ruggs looks fast. LOL.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:36 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:15 am Man, the things you guys argue about. He's a mid 2nd round pick. There are no sure things there. But he's a better bet than any other player there.
Well that's a statement that can be argued in and of itself. You don't have to participate, if you find it petty, or silly, or whatever you are trying to say here. Maybe you could give us some guidelines on what to argue about, to keep us in line, Dad.
you be a good boy now. don't do anything stupid.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:01 pm

oban14 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:07 am

And that was the Packers fault how again?
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:08 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:15 am Man, the things you guys argue about. He's a mid 2nd round pick. There are no sure things there. But he's a better bet than any other player there.
Well that's a statement that can be argued in and of itself. You don't have to participate, if you find it petty, or silly, or whatever you are trying to say here. Maybe you could give us some guidelines on what to argue about, to keep us in line, Dad.
:lol: I thought you'd like one. It's tongue in cheek. We are all pretty opinionated on here. We do argue about some pretty funny stuff. I think it's the fact we haven't had an off season of OTA's, and the very season itself is and was at risk. We're getting it all out.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:27 am

Ice wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:01 pm
oban14 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:07 am

And that was the Packers fault how again?
I never said it was the Packers fault. His success was in spite of himself and he screwed it up anyway. My point is AJ Dillon seems to care quite a bit more about conditioning, nutrition, and being a professional athlete than Lacy ever did. Or if he's eating like Lacy and still has 7% body fat he won the genetic megamillions.

QB Browns
Role Player
Role Player

Postby QB Browns » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:08 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm

:lol: I thought you'd like one. It's tongue in cheek. We are all pretty opinionated on here. We do argue about some pretty funny stuff. I think it's the fact we haven't had an off season of OTA's, and the very season itself is and was at risk. We're getting it all out.
This is what happens when we don't get a preseason 😂
Team 1

10 team, 2 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, DEF, .5 ppr

QB: D. Prescott, K. Cousins, A. Richardson, R. Tannehill, T. Lance

RB: A. Kamara, S. Barkley, Bi. Robinson, J. Conner, J. Dobbins, A. Dillon, D. Harris, R. Stephenson, K. Herbert, I. Spiller, Br. Robinson, K. Ingram, T. Spears, D. Foreman

WR: M. Evans, D. Adams, AJ Brown, C. Lamb, J. Waddle, K. Toney, J. Reed

TE: D. Waller, P. Friermuth, D. Kincaid

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Took him yesterday at 1.13 for team one. Moss went 1.12.

My hope was that one of the two would be available to me, and I felt fortunate that I ended up with the RB that I wanted. Due to the format, if all he really does this year is short-yardage, I think he'll at least be flex worthy at times this season. Frankly, I feel that way about Moss as well.

I won't wade into the whole, "Will they extend Jones?" discussion. I've no clue. But either way, I think Dillon (and Moss) are the best backs available after the Big 5, and neither is too expensive to add.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Vectorgod
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vectorgod » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:47 am

He went at 4.01 in my 10 team IDP salary cap league. We draft 4 rounds in the spring right after the NFL draft, so the dust was still settling. I passed on him at 3.08 for a defensive player. I also own Jones in that league so I've been kicking myself in the rear all summer. I was able to trade a future 3rd round pick for him last week, so I feel much better about myself now!

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:28 am

Packers RB Aaron Jones said the team is working towards a new deal for him.
https://twitter.com/WillSelvaTV/status/ ... 8553655297

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:56 am

zeeshan2 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:28 am
Packers RB Aaron Jones said the team is working towards a new deal for him.
https://twitter.com/WillSelvaTV/status/ ... 8553655297
Basically the DeMarco Murray/Derrick Henry dynamic, except Jones is younger than Murray was.

It's going to be a while before Dillon is the guy. A new deal presumably is going to keep Jones on the team for at least 2-3 years before there's no dead money.