Jefferson, Raegor, or Ruggs?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jefferson, Raegor, or Ruggs?

Postby Sriracha » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:46 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:12 pm No reason to take Reagor over Ruggs, as anything Reagor does Ruggs can do better.
Reagor has actually produced in college, has better contested catch ability, and is more elusive in the open field.

The Ruggs hype train in LV is almost entirely media driven; whereas Edwards is being lauded by both coaches and players alike. There's also speculation he's going to start over Ruggs in two wide receiver sets.

There's a lot to like about Ruggs, but he might need a year of polishing before we see his true potential.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:09 am

Reagor >>>>Ruggs>Jefferson for me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:16 am

Ruggs, baby!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 am

Thanks for posting this question OP. At 1.08 I am staring at the same dilemma. Truthfully I’ve flipped a couple of times but here is where I stand currently:

1. Reagor - great speed and quickness, consensus highest fantasy pick, not much competition in depth chart, best offense and QB, can theoretically win at all levels of field. Bad college production mostly attributed to terrible QB play. Did not produce 40 time at combine consistent with expectation and at his size it’s concerning, though there’s speculation he underperformed his potential at the combine.

2. Jefferson - presumed #2 but not sure what production that translates to. Most successful from slot with faster downfield guys drawing coverage. Can play outside but Vikings don’t have legitimate field stretcher. Elite production in college including hard working mindset (his improvement in college in terms of athleticism and Measurables is incredible), is admirable. It also makes me question his NFL ceiling.

3. Ruggs - highest draft capital, but we see speed taken over alpha WRs consistently due to the massive value it brings, making me not weight craft capital much here over 2 other guys drafted in round 1. Elite speed is huge. His college highlights both show great burst and YAC ability. However he was always given way too much space when he produced. I doubt his contested catch ability thus limiting his volume. However, I would have place Ruggs above Jefferson and debated him above Reagor if it weren’t for all the hype surrounding Edwards. With the luxury of picking between these three I’m electing to avoid the risk of target share splits in Oak
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:50 am

I have the 11th and 13th overall pick (IDP so a couple def guys might go early) so some of these guys will likely be there. Given that I already have Miles Sanders and Goedert (and JJAW) but zero exposure to MIN or LV, should I fade Reagor if I have my selection of all 3 at 11?

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:50 am I have the 11th and 13th overall pick (IDP so a couple def guys might go early) so some of these guys will likely be there. Given that I already have Miles Sanders and Goedert (and JJAW) but zero exposure to MIN or LV, should I fade Reagor if I have my selection of all 3 at 11?
If you like Reagor then take him...I have Ertz and Reagor but that wouldn't stop me for going after sanders. I don't think JJAW will be a factor. Think it's a solid stack to have sense they are tide to a good offense and Wentz.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:05 pm

I own one share of all three. In the instances where both Reagor and Jefferson were available I split my selection to one each. In the first draft I did I did choose Jefferson though, as I thought he was the higher floor option and I wanted to play it safer, even though he likely has the lowest ceiling IMO.

I would choose both over Ruggs. I’m just less confident in his ability to transition to a bigger workload and focal point of an offense.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:19 pm

I took both Reagor and Jefferson above Ruggs in a few drafts earlier this offseason, and have come to regret those picks after further tape study.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Blueboy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:19 pm I took both Reagor and Jefferson above Ruggs in a few drafts earlier this offseason, and have come to regret those picks after further tape study.
Good news is you can send out offers and maybe get a bit on top, still.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:12 pm

I have them ranked as follows:

1.08 Jefferson
1.13 Ruggs
1.16 Reagor

A little guy with contested catch as his second best ability is not how you succeed in the NFL. Reagor has burst for days, but I think his deep speed is overrated and his agility is questionable.

Ruggs is moving up my rankings, but his college production remains a big red flag for me. Him being put in the slot was a relief for me, because his release off the line is awful. Slow reaction speed and way too much foot movement for my tastes. If he can see slot or no coverage, he can be dangerous and I think those issues are correctable.

Jefferson is a complete receiver. People refer to him as though he only had one year of production, but his dominator the year before when he played outside was fine. He’s lining up to be the X receiver in a Shanahan style offense as Thielen was established as the Z last year, which, along with injury, is why his production fell off a cliff.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:59 pm

I have them Reagor, Ruggs, Jefferson but I think you'll be happy with any of these 3. All look to have opportunity and talents so choose whoever makes you happy.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:29 am

Reagor has been my top guy of those three and it's not close.

I think Jefferson is a solid pick. I am 50-50 on him.

I am not confident in Ruggs. I smell a bust, but perhaps he can have a Mike Wallace type career and prove me wrong.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:51 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:29 am Reagor has been my top guy of those three and it's not close.

I think Jefferson is a solid pick. I am 50-50 on him.

I am not confident in Ruggs. I smell a bust, but perhaps he can have a Mike Wallace type career and prove me wrong.
I'm going opposite of this.

Ruggs is the clear 1 of these 3 to me. It was widely accepted that he was one of the top 3 WRs until he went to the Raiders, too many people having Derrius Heyward-Bey flashbacks. He's not just speed. If you have concerns about him watch his game film and you should see that the narrative against him doesn't make a lot of sense.

Justin Jefferson is probably the safest bet of the bunch so I could see someone preferring him but I think the upside of Ruggs is too much to pass up.

Reagor has elite athleticism and that's hard to ignore. The upside is there for him to be special, but I think the narrative about Ruggs applies better too Reagor. Didn't really run that diverse of a route tree in college like Ruggs did.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:05 am

This is a great thread. I've gone back and forth on these 3 a lot as I think they're all in the 2nd tier of WR beyond Jeudy and Lamb. I also think there is a drop after them to guys like Higgins and Pittman.

Anyways, I've landed on Ruggs and honestly with his potential, he could easily be the best WR in the class. I wouldn't bet on it, but I'm excited to have him. Reagor is athletic and I have a good feeling about him too but I'm not confident given his production and 2019. I know a lot of that falls on the QB and the offense but still. Jefferson is nearly the opposite. Very safe floor imo but that's not the guy I like to go after. Might be overvalued due to his amazing 2019 with Burrow and playing out of the slot. He did have a decent 2018 which he played more on the outside but the slot and his fit in MN is enough to have him 3rd of these 3 for me

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:13 am

A case could be made for any of the 3. I have moved them around a few times over the past weeks.
My choice right now would be Ruggs and I can’t really say why. I guess I see some special untapped potential.