Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Sriracha » Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

Appreciate you going out of your way to say this :)

I'll catch myself talking 'matter of factly' about my stances on players when I have numbers that support that stance that are especially salient in my mind-- But this isn't always accurate. When I go back and check, and I'm simply incorrect it's only right to own up to my mistakes and take the criticisms that come with it.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue May 19, 2020 8:57 pm

Welp, this thread made me buy back into the Hollywood sweepstakes.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 am

before last season began john harbaugh said they were going to revolutionise the qb position. don't expect jackson to run less.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu May 21, 2020 11:09 am

The only thing that would keep Brown from blowing up this yr is...Brown.

Antonio Brown

Portsmouth Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Portsmouth Spartans » Thu May 21, 2020 1:08 pm

He is WR39 going in the 7th round according to Mizelle ADP (pulls from MFL I believe). Well behind 29 year old Thielen and 27y Lockett! Absurd in a startup, imo. I think in a traditional league, he creates tough sit/start decisions.... which is why many shy away. I'd target him in 5th-6th round. No brainer target in best ball.
10 team standard, keeper with 5-year option contracts (remaining years in parentheses, $5 per additional year when extended), $200 salary cap. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
2015, 2017 Champs

QB: Jackson ($8 3yr+extension)
RB: Mixon ($5 1yr+extension), Chubb ($5 2yr+extension), Sanders ($5 3yr+ extension), Michel ($5 1yr+extension), Guice ($5 2yr+extension)
WR: Godwin ($1 2yr+extension), AJ Brown ($3 3yr+extension), Chark ($8 3yr+extension), M. Brown ($3 3y +extension), Isabella ($3 3yr+ extension)
TE: Kittle ($3, 2yr+extension), Henry ($1 2yr+extension), Goedert ($1 3yr+extension)

2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.04, 2.10
2021: 1 1st
2022: 2 1st
2023: 1 1st

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:10 am

Brown's success rate vs. man as a rookie: 83rd percentile

Very balanced route tree and good success across the board. Extremely encouraging, especially for someone who missed most offseason activities rehabbing.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:18 am

Walked into the building today and said he's up 23 pounds and wants to start setting the tone in run blocking... peak offseason nonsense words.

Looks like he dropped all the way down to 157 pounds last season with the injuries, though, so it'll be hopeful if he's back to a normal playing weight

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:25 am

Blueboy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:18 am Walked into the building today and said he's up 23 pounds and wants to start setting the tone in run blocking... peak offseason nonsense words.

Looks like he dropped all the way down to 157 pounds last season with the injuries, though, so it'll be hopeful if he's back to a normal playing weight
I was told he couldn't gain weight.

Looks like he's in great shape though

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:25 am
Blueboy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:18 am Walked into the building today and said he's up 23 pounds and wants to start setting the tone in run blocking... peak offseason nonsense words.

I was told he couldn't gain weight.

Looks like he's in great shape though

Looking more and more like his cousin. Just hope he keeps his head on straight throughout his career. 8-)
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am Looking more and more like his cousin. Just hope he keeps his head on straight throughout his career. 8-)
It's a real comparison now, I was just googling it. He's giving up approximately 1 inch, and about 5 lbs to peak AB.

As for run blocking - he's on the team that literally broke all the rushing records last year. What would you -like- him to say?

Hollywood Brown remains the best value in the draft. In redraft I'm scooping him in rounds 6 and 7 this year. That's theft.

Get a load of this kid. He's absolutely jacked for his size now. I'm all aboard the train... feel free to follow the link and read about his regimen this offseason. It sounds nuts.
https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/statu ... 08322?s=20

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:07 pm

mild wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am Looking more and more like his cousin. Just hope he keeps his head on straight throughout his career. 8-)
As for run blocking - he's on the team that literally broke all the rushing records last year. What would you -like- him to say?
Relax, it's not an insult to Brown. Just pointing out that the idea of Greg Roman deciding to establish the run with his 170-pound speedster is humorous and an example of when to ignore offseason talk.

I've got Hollywood for 1,100 yards and 8 TDs... but August hype pieces about how he's added 20+ pounds of muscle don't factor into those projections.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:17 pm

Blueboy wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:07 pm Relax, it's not an insult to Brown. Just pointing out that the idea of Greg Roman deciding to establish the run with his 170-pound speedster is humorous and an example of when to ignore offseason talk.

I've got Hollywood for 1,100 yards and 8 TDs... but August hype pieces about how he's added 20+ pounds of muscle don't factor into those projections.
I'm relaxed. :) Good on him for saying he'll get stuck in on blocking. I'm sure he'll do better at it at 180 than he did at 157.

As to the bolded - given that probably the biggest knock on him around here coming out was his size, I don't think it's an insignificant development. Really, all the haters have left now is "I hope he doesn't go crazy like his cousin" :sick: :wall:

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:06 pm

The man has worked 24/7 since the screw came out to get to 180. I never thought he could gain that kind of weight.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:14 pm

I didn't think he could gain that much weight either, and from looking at the pictures he didn't get fat. But I still doubt he doesn't lose some speed and agility with that significant of a weight gain. Maybe not substantial, but he's bound to lose a little.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:15 pm

I roster Hollywood, and he may look like his cousin more, but he won't be the same level player. AB was a generational player. Hollywood's route running still has a long way to go before it's anywhere near AB's, and AB was physical for his size, and had amazing ball skills, neither of which Hollywood has ever shown. If Hollywood can hit 1000 yards and 8 TD's consistently I'll be happy.

I just hope this weight gain doesn't cause him to get injured. Players gaining a ton of weight quickly doesn't always work out well.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick