fantasy impact of coronavirus

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: COVID. The NON Fantasy football discussion

Postby abloom » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:27 pm

azthecrow wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:41 am I found this article about a physician in Imperial County, CA using hydroxychloroquine. Very interesting.
https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion ... ebc1a.html
This is an opinion and observations based on a small number of patients. It's also not in a peer reviewed journal for some reason. I assume he would have submitted his findings to a peer reviewed journal and it's concerning that it has apparently not been published.

Take what this article says with a very big grain of salt
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 pm

abloom wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:27 pm
azthecrow wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:41 am I found this article about a physician in Imperial County, CA using hydroxychloroquine. Very interesting.
This is an opinion and observations based on a small number of patients. It's also not in a peer reviewed journal for some reason. I assume he would have submitted his findings to a peer reviewed journal and it's concerning that it has apparently not been published.

How did you conclude that this is based on a small number of patients, and what do you consider a small number of patients? I ask because another article I read said he and his colleagues have treated thousands.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:11 pm

azthecrow wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:36 pm

How did you conclude that this is based on a small number of patients, and what do you consider a small number of patients? I ask because another article I read said he and his colleagues have treated thousands.
Imperial county as of aug 1 has seen only 9409 cases. Health grades.com lists 22 family doctors in imperial country for an average of 427 covid patients per doctor
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:23 pm

millworkguy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:11 pm

Imperial county as of aug 1 has seen only 9409 cases. Health grades.com lists 22 family doctors in imperial country for an average of 427 covid patients per doctor
This article says his findings are based on studies from colleagues around the world.

https://kyma.com/news/2020/07/24/local- ... -cocktail/

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:51 am

Because those numbers you gave just there would indicate a small number of people.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:54 am

azthecrow wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:23 pm

This article says his findings are based on studies from colleagues around the world.

And again is not in a peer reviewed journal. If it's not in a peer reviewed journal you should treat the data as highly suspect. Why you ask? Because peer reviewed journals require detailed explanation of how the data was gathered to ensure that it was gathered accurately and without bias. The fact that either has has not tried to, or not been successful in publishing in a peer reviewed article is concerning.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:54 am

abloom wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:54 am

And again is not in a peer reviewed journal. If it's not in a peer reviewed journal you should treat the data as highly suspect. Why you ask? Because peer reviewed journals require detailed explanation of how the data was gathered to ensure that it was gathered accurately and without bias. The fact that either has has not tried to, or not been successful in publishing in a peer reviewed article is concerning.
Here’s one that was peer reviewed in IJID stating that HCQ saves lives:
https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/ ... ment-study
Last edited by kadun2 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:42 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm I think we're on the same page here. I've been home for four months. Haven't left the house except to pick up groceries at Target, take a walk with the dog, or pick up a prescription at Walgreens. I tested positive two days ago. My wife and kids tested negative. I don't know how I got it. Grocery delivery? Wife a carrier (she went to three stores one day, with mask). Luckily I'm asymptomatic. Seems to be a mild case. But I don't know what the long-term effects will be.
Sorry to hear that, sounds like you were being responsible. Hope all goes well. Do you mind me asking why were you tested, being that you’re asymptomatic?

If you are not comfortable answering, feel free to ignore or tell me to go kick rocks.
I'm doing good. But I've been basically locked in my bedroom for ten days now. It sucks. I got texted just because it was across the street, and it was free. My wife was worried about it, so we just decided to get tested. She was negative and I was positive. She's been out more than I have. We got the kids tested (twins, 16) they were negative. So WTH? LOL I honestly don't know how I got it unless somebody in the family was a carrier but didn't get it. I'll get retested next Wed. I just hope there are no long-term damages.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:52 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm
I think we're on the same page here. I've been home for four months. Haven't left the house except to pick up groceries at Target, take a walk with the dog, or pick up a prescription at Walgreens. I tested positive two days ago. My wife and kids tested negative. I don't know how I got it. Grocery delivery? Wife a carrier (she went to three stores one day, with mask). Luckily I'm asymptomatic. Seems to be a mild case. But I don't know what the long-term effects will be.
Glad to here you are asymptomatic. The 14 day bubble is tough. My family just emerged after an exposure with a positive case.
Thanks. Yeah, it's tough. I got the results and immediately took my computer, books, and all to our bedroom and have been here since. Sucks. Luckily I write, edit, and teach online from home. But I miss the family. It sucks.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:37 pm

azthecrow wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:54 am

Yes it states that in a hospital setting with proper monitoring there is evidence to support that hydroquinone decreases death rate. It also states that further testing is needed. Again this is just as I mentioned before that there are conflicting studies. This study was very careful of saying that they did monitor the patients hearts.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:46 pm

abloom wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:37 pm

Yes it states that in a hospital setting with proper monitoring there is evidence to support that hydroquinone decreases death rate. It also states that further testing is needed. Again this is just as I mentioned before that there are conflicting studies. This study was very careful of saying that they did monitor the patients hearts.
Well I’m glad it has helped some people. We probably won’t know for awhile if it is proven totally safe and effective. At least a few months..

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:48 pm

azthecrow wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:46 pm

Well I’m glad it has helped some people. We probably won’t know for awhile if it is proven totally safe and effective. At least a few months..
You're missing the point. The point is that it is still unclear that they benefitted from it or if they would have had the se results without it. That's the problem when there is conflicting data and different methodology.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:04 pm

abloom wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:48 pm
azthecrow wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:46 pm

You're missing the point. The point is that it is still unclear that they benefitted from it or if they would have had the se results without it. That's the problem when there is conflicting data and different methodology.
Oh, I get the point. I understand why it’s taking so long (with so much conflicting data and different methodology).

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: fantasy impact of coronavirus

Postby Blueboy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:34 pm

Doug Pederson tested positive for coronavirus.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: fantasy impact of coronavirus

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 am

Minshew now on the list.