fantasy impact of coronavirus

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: fantasy impact of coronavirus

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:29 am

Fantasy Leagues just need to expand their roster capacity and prepare for the worst. It’s obviously going to be a weird season, to say the least. I am going to just view it as a unique challenge and look forward to normalcy next year.

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 am

azthecrow wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:29 am Fantasy Leagues just need to expand their roster capacity and prepare for the worst. It’s obviously going to be a weird season, to say the least. I am going to just view it as a unique challenge and look forward to normalcy next year.
So how do I do that with a 32 team single copy league with 42 man rosters and starts 18. Where we have team qb/pt/pk . We roster 1300 plus players.
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: COVID. The NON Fantasy football discussion

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 am

I like your style @millworkguy. It’s like at some point in history our collective understandings of rights, freedoms, privileges, entitlements, opportunities and responsibilities, restrictions changed.

Short story...literally an hour ago, my wife texted me that a customer at the veterinarian office she works at called her a stupid c*nt this morning. She was called this after informing the customer that she cannot enter the office building due to the protocol put in place since the beginning of the pandemic. They do a great job there of staff only indoors while meeting 100% of customer needs which leaves us with very little concern of her going to work there. Can you even fathom calling someone that? This customer got that bent out of shape because this place of business is doing what is best (in that private business’s opinion) for everybody involved.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 am

millworkguy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 am
azthecrow wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:29 am Fantasy Leagues just need to expand their roster capacity and prepare for the worst. It’s obviously going to be a weird season, to say the least. I am going to just view it as a unique challenge and look forward to normalcy next year.
So how do I do that with a 32 team single copy league with 42 man rosters and starts 18. Where we have team qb/pt/pk . We roster 1300 plus players.
I’m in a similar size league (32 team, single copy, 43 man rosters + 10 taxi + 5 IR, starts 20). You basically already have the expanded roster capacity, but maybe look to add more IR slots (making players with COVID eligible). There will likely be more waiver activity than normal, with guys getting signed off the street to play, and the IR flexibility should give your league what it needs to get through the season.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

millworkguy
Captain
Captain

Postby millworkguy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:11 am

Ruggenater wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:52 am
I’m in a similar size league (32 team, single copy, 43 man rosters + 10 taxi + 5 IR, starts 20). You basically already have the expanded roster capacity, but maybe look to add more IR slots (making players with COVID eligible). There will likely be more waiver activity than normal, with guys getting signed off the street to play, and the IR flexibility should give your league what it needs to get through the season.
I'm more worried about when they announce outs, we have waivers on wensday (salary and contracts) and the wire is fairly bare. There is no way to add a player after the wensday waiver run, at least you have more roster spots to choose from

In not sure how they can sign guys off the street, if they have to quarantine for 10 days.

In my 12 and 16 team, I'm going to allow dts to start without a contract , and have a thread for owners to post a free agent emergency sub if they cant meet roster requirements. The emergency player will not be on their roster, they will just use their points that week. It must be the same position as the player who was a last minute scratch, they must not have a player they could have substituted in, it can be posted after their players game was played, but must be before the substitute player plays. My leagues have alot of European and Australian owners, I cant force everyone to drop everything several times a day for covid updates. The emergency add will be FCFS and available to all the following waiver run
PPR IDP Contract Cap:
ConF (16 Team)
DAF (16 team)
DW2- Co-Commish (16 Team)

PPR IDP Salary Cap:
Hardcore - LAC (32 team)
T1 - Commish (12 team)
T2 - Commish (16 Team)

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 am

That’s a tough one. Maybe you could allow slots to be filled (2 to 3 per team, per week) with average points per week from the OUT player from last year. Or you could even use that specific week’s points For the player from last year. I’m not a commish so I don’t know, that may be too complicated. Just popped into my head.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:33 am

1) don't you already have sufficient depth?
2) whats the pt and pk? I'm assuming pk is place kicker, no clue what the pt is.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:50 am

"However, I have no problem hearing out someone’s opinion on why they aren’t “sold” on the pandemic and don’t believe there is as much risk."

Um, 152,000 deaths in the US alone. 661,000 in the world. Not sold? WOW. bleep that. It's a pandemic. When was the last time you saw our country shut down like this and STILL the death toll rises.

Sorry your wife got called that name, Ray. That's WAY out of line. I'd ban that customer for life. WTH is wrong with people?

I get frustrated when people don't trust the SCIENCE. We have the CDC, we have Fauci, we have experts telling us what to do and we can SEE how it is playing out in other countries. This pandemic has been handled HORRIBLY because Trump is an idiot.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:50 am "However, I have no problem hearing out someone’s opinion on why they aren’t “sold” on the pandemic and don’t believe there is as much risk."

Um, 152,000 deaths in the US alone. 661,000 in the world. Not sold? WOW. bleep that. It's a pandemic. When was the last time you saw our country shut down like this and STILL the death toll rises.
It sounds like you and I are in agreement concerning the pandemic. What I was saying is that if someone wants to state a case that some of the numbers don’t add up and maybe that some of the reporting hasn’t been 100% transparent, I have no problem with their viewpoint. I can’t tell them how to feel and what to think and who to trust. It’s a wild time. Most of us probably have some fluid thoughts and emotions from day to day surrounding all that is going. I know I do. When I watch the news and see the destruction this thing is doing in certain areas of the country, I feel one way. Then when talk to some dudes I know who sit on barstools every day during this pandemic like irresponsible dummy’s (imo) and have every one of them tell me that they have not heard of one single person in the local bar scene who has gotten it or even knows anybody who has, I might feel a little different those days. Not everybody is even the slightest bit worldly and a lot of the population is pigeonholed to their little community where it still doesn’t seem that crazy. For they do not know... What I don’t love is how so many have the “nobody can tell me to wear a mask” or “it’s no different than the flu” with an F that outlook. Likewise, I don’t like to bring that attitude toward someone who may be a little skeptical of some things. Personally, I’ll continue to wear my mask, keep my distance and pray to my God.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Kenny G and Hock on the COVID list.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Ray Finkle wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:50 am "However, I have no problem hearing out someone’s opinion on why they aren’t “sold” on the pandemic and don’t believe there is as much risk."

It sounds like you and I are in agreement concerning the pandemic. What I was saying is that if someone wants to state a case that some of the numbers don’t add up and maybe that some of the reporting hasn’t been 100% transparent, I have no problem with their viewpoint. I can’t tell them how to feel and what to think and who to trust. It’s a wild time. Most of us probably have some fluid thoughts and emotions from day to day surrounding all that is going. I know I do. When I watch the news and see the destruction this thing is doing in certain areas of the country, I feel one way. Then when talk to some dudes I know who sit on barstools every day during this pandemic like irresponsible dummy’s (imo) and have every one of them tell me that they have not heard of one single person in the local bar scene who has gotten it or even knows anybody who has, I might feel a little different those days. Not everybody is even the slightest bit worldly and a lot of the population is pigeonholed to their little community where it still doesn’t seem that crazy. For they do not know... What I don’t love is how so many have the “nobody can tell me to wear a mask” or “it’s no different than the flu” with an F that outlook. Likewise, I don’t like to bring that attitude toward someone who may be a little skeptical of some things. Personally, I’ll continue to wear my mask, keep my distance and pray to my God.
I haven't seen good faith skepticism in months. Your premise is fine. We should be able to have a civil and open conversation when somebody expresses genuine skepticism about things like the unknown morbidity of the virus, the plausibility of a vaccine, the damages of lockdown itself, and what this means for life in 2022 and beyond. I absolutely agree, and I've had many of these conversations with friends, family, and colleagues.

The problem is that your premise describes a scenario that basically doesn't exist, especially not here. There's no reasonable skepticism, it's just unwavering cultism. These are people who've irrevocably tied their identity to the current administration, either because of white fragility, resentment of perceived condescension from "coastal elites" (aka doing it to own the libs), or some combination of the two. They don't have reasonable opinions because they've already assumed the same stance as the president; they're just trying to work backward to justify it. That's how you get these people stating their belief in hydroxychloroquine. They haven't entered into the conversation in good faith, but instead are singularly focused on justifying their political affiliation.

Tying it back to fantasy football: you can have a reasonable conversation about whether Mahomes or Jackson is the best dynasty QB. The equivalent of the COVID discourse here is some delusional Patriots/Bucs fan screaming that Tom Brady is the #1 dynasty QB because "COUNT THE RINGS." You can't have a reasonable discussion with those folks because they don't enter the conversation in good faith.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:29 pm

There is really no reasoning with the extremes, on either side to be fair. Herman Cain contracted Covid at the Tulsa convention and tragically died. However, people are denying he died of Covid, rather it was his cancer history. Um, so the fact that a person that was high risk,went to an event maskless, contracted the virus during the incubation period and is now dead is coincidence? I fully believe his cancer history was a factor, but Covid killed him folks.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:45 pm

With what's going on in MLB right now, it's really not looking good for football.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm

I think we're on the same page here. I've been home for four months. Haven't left the house except to pick up groceries at Target, take a walk with the dog, or pick up a prescription at Walgreens. I tested positive two days ago. My wife and kids tested negative. I don't know how I got it. Grocery delivery? Wife a carrier (she went to three stores one day, with mask). Luckily I'm asymptomatic. Seems to be a mild case. But I don't know what the long-term effects will be.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:55 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 pm

I think we're on the same page here. I've been home for four months. Haven't left the house except to pick up groceries at Target, take a walk with the dog, or pick up a prescription at Walgreens. I tested positive two days ago. My wife and kids tested negative. I don't know how I got it. Grocery delivery? Wife a carrier (she went to three stores one day, with mask)? IDK. Luckily I'm asymptomatic. Seems to be a mild case. But I don't know what the long-term effects will be.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: