fantasy impact of coronavirus

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: fantasy impact of coronavirus

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:29 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: COVID. The NON Fantasy football discussion

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:55 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:06 am Wasn't the polls. Was suppression, gerrymandering, hacking, cheating, and lies. ICYMI HRC won by 3 million votes. But let's focus on COVID in here, right? Not politics?

COVID is only getting worse, surging, highest single day of cases ever. Most cases in the world. This is so screwed up.
I think for people like that guy, these concepts (Trump, COVID, Polls) are irrevocably bound to each other. His opinions on COVID will be whatever opinion makes Trump look best. It will never deviate from that formula. These types of people don’t think about things logically; rather, their brains operate like sports fans. They’re fans of Team Trump because he makes them feel good about their regressive worldview, or their relatively limited education. It doesn’t matter to them that they don’t understand the math behind the polls- that math is for DIRTY LIBRULS who look down on them. It’s more important to be able to shout SUCK IT LIBS, MAGA2020! to the people that make them feel inferior than it is to take the 30 seconds to learn about things like COVID-19 or how intelligent people read polls.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:40 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:12 am Lamar’s Madden curse is now known. He’s gonna get Covided

Hosting a neighborhood block party for kids this weekend. In Florida, which is a giant hot spot

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/294 ... us-concern
He has never seemed particularly bright.
Better to get it now than in season.

As for the vaccine, hopefully those with millions of dollars at stake will accept a rushed vaccine.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:40 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:12 am Lamar’s Madden curse is now known. He’s gonna get Covided

Hosting a neighborhood block party for kids this weekend. In Florida, which is a giant hot spot

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/294 ... us-concern
He has never seemed particularly bright.
Better to get it now than in season.

As for the vaccine, hopefully those with millions of dollars at stake will accept a rushed vaccine.
It's not just about him, it's about all the people attending, and the people they would come into contact with after the fact. Although it seems he canceled it because he d Why would it be hopeful to see people accepted a rushed vaccine? I'd rather not see people do that. I'd rather not have football than see people accept a rushed vaccine. Would you want to see your family take a rushed vaccine?

EDIT: He has now canceled it, because too many people wanted to go, and he didn't want to turn people away. Not because it was the smart thing to do. :wall:

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:48 pm

The quote that the league "is unwilling to prioritize player safety and believes that the virus will bend to football" is so on-brand.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:45 pm

Blueboy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:48 pm
The quote that the league "is unwilling to prioritize player safety and believes that the virus will bend to football" is so on-brand.
Absolutely.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:55 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:06 am Wasn't the polls. Was suppression, gerrymandering, hacking, cheating, and lies. ICYMI HRC won by 3 million votes. But let's focus on COVID in here, right? Not politics?

COVID is only getting worse, surging, highest single day of cases ever. Most cases in the world. This is so screwed up.
I think for people like that guy, these concepts (Trump, COVID, Polls) are irrevocably bound to each other. His opinions on COVID will be whatever opinion makes Trump look best. It will never deviate from that formula. These types of people don’t think about things logically; rather, their brains operate like sports fans. They’re fans of Team Trump because he makes them feel good about their regressive worldview, or their relatively limited education. It doesn’t matter to them that they don’t understand the math behind the polls- that math is for DIRTY LIBRULS who look down on them. It’s more important to be able to shout SUCK IT LIBS, MAGA2020! to the people that make them feel inferior than it is to take the 30 seconds to learn about things like COVID-19 or how intelligent people read polls.
Exactly. Agree. And that's why we have 3,000,000 cases with 133,000 deaths. JFC. Another 50,000 cases today. NOPE everything is just fine. I may be HOMESCHOOLING my high school kids in two months so they don't DIE.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:56 am

Interested to see how many players/coaches start speaking up. Baseball has had some pull out already, I would expect football to be the same.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-stefon-d ... ng-back-up

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am

namecalling by either side isn't helpful. Trump is brilliant at creating divide. It is up to us to not take the bait. He is now talking about pulling funding for schools that don't open on time. Dude is delusional.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:56 am Interested to see how many players/coaches start speaking up. Baseball has had some pull out already, I would expect football to be the same.

they will be speaking up in great numbers now that the owners want to escrow salaries. the beginning of the end in upon us for 2020
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:19 pm

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 am namecalling by either side isn't helpful. Trump is brilliant at creating divide. It is up to us to not take the bait. He is now talking about pulling funding for schools that don't open on time. Dude is delusional.
We're beyond name calling. Screw that. People are dying and this JOKE of a WH/Pres are the catalyst for that death. I may have to homeschool my kids, 16. WTF?
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:13 pm

TheNuts wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:43 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:41 pm Haha there was already an off-topic COVID thread!

In any case, part of this is our executive leadership consistently, predictably, and seemingly deliberately bungling the response. The irony is that nearly every other world leader is experiencing a polling bump for handling this thing responsibly; meanwhile Trump has mismanaged this with the explicit goal of helping the economy in a bid for re-election, and he’s clearly been hurt at the polls.

That’s just part of it, though. The other part is that we live in a country that now fears and resents expertise and knowledge. Undereducated folks on Facebook seem to refuse to admit that physicians and epidemiologists might know a bit more about what’s going on than they do. You see it here, too. Try to explain any type of data driven concept, and people lose their minds with rage because they were presented with data. We’re doing worse because we have people angrily refusing to wear a mask, and none of it is surprising. It’s just depressing.
Remember when polls said Hilary would win? Polls mean nothing
Yes, I do remember that. Right now the polls say Biden will win. Deja vu? :D

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:37 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:46 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:56 am Interested to see how many players/coaches start speaking up. Baseball has had some pull out already, I would expect football to be the same.

they will be speaking up in great numbers now that the owners want to escrow salaries. the beginning of the end in upon us for 2020
The fact that it appears that there is airborne transmission only enhances it. The idea of fans with this knowledge is absurd. Even playing at all is, really. Too much toothpaste out of the tube because America botched it's quarantine process. I was talking about coaches like Arian, Carroll, BB, Andy Reid etc. All older guys. Arians seems to be getting worried.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bucc ... -for-sure/

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am

The Ivy League has officially suspended fall sports.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:17 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 am The Ivy League has officially suspended fall sports.
The MLS has had 2 teams pull out already, of it's restart tourney, due to so many players testing positive. I'm starting to realize I would rather not see sports this fall, under the current situation. I'd rather see people not get sick. I can live without sports for a year, it just seems unnecessary and dangerous to have them right now. I'll miss FF, but there is a real possibility some of these athletes/coaches etc. get long term effects from this, or worse. The last thing I want is seeing a coach or athlete die. I will miss Fantasy Football, but I don't mind missing to know people will be safer.