Patrick Mahomes: The Best QB in the NFL & for Dynasty

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mahomes new deal

Postby abloom » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Packerland wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:04 pm Chiefs had to do it but it levels the playing field for a lot of other teams when they won't have all that money tied up into 1 position. Most teams winning SB's now are teams with QB's on Rookie contracts. Won't be as easy to get Mahomes all those shiny new toys with how much money he's taking up.
It's not rookie contracts, it's team friendly contracts. Mahomes' deal very well could be more team friendly down the road than right now depending on how the cap rises.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:20 pm

abloom wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm
Packerland wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:04 pm Chiefs had to do it but it levels the playing field for a lot of other teams when they won't have all that money tied up into 1 position. Most teams winning SB's now are teams with QB's on Rookie contracts. Won't be as easy to get Mahomes all those shiny new toys with how much money he's taking up.
It's not rookie contracts, it's team friendly contracts. Mahomes' deal very well could be more team friendly down the road than right now depending on how the cap rises.
Like FantasyFreak said I'm sure if it becomes "overly team friendly" then there will be negotiations down the line in order to give him more. Not sure what the language of the contract says but that's my guess as well.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Rapoport reporting something else:

The #Chiefs and QB Patrick Mahomes have agreed to terms on a 10-year extension worth $503 million, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He gets $477M in guarantee mechanisms and gives the ability for Mahomes to have outs if the guarantee mechanisms aren’t exercised. No trade clause

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 6, 2020

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/128 ... =twsrc^tfw

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:30 pm

zeeshan2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:22 pm Rapoport reporting something else:

The #Chiefs and QB Patrick Mahomes have agreed to terms on a 10-year extension worth $503 million, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. He gets $477M in guarantee mechanisms and gives the ability for Mahomes to have outs if the guarantee mechanisms aren’t exercised. No trade clause

:wtf: :shock:

I can't see the "next man up" thing happening after this. The next QB isn't getting this.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:36 pm

So guarentees that aren't guarenteed? Lol this should be interesting. Can't wait to see the contract
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:42 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:30 pm

I can't see the "next man up" thing happening after this. The next QB isn't getting this.
So you're saying Dak isn't close to 500 mil? :D
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Packerland wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:42 pm

Not Dak but there will absolutely be a QB in the next four to five years who crosses this--especially when the NFL gets its new TV contract after 2022 and the cap balloons

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:05 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Not Dak but there will absolutely be a QB in the next four to five years who crosses this--especially when the NFL gets its new TV contract after 2022 and the cap balloons
I highly doubt that. I think that is the KC fan in you trying to feel better about your QB just signing the largest contract in sports history. Not NFL history, sports history. Those don't get broken every handful of years.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:11 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:05 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:45 pm

I highly doubt that. I think that is the KC fan in you trying to feel better about your QB just signing the largest contract in sports history. Not NFL history, sports history. Those don't get broken every handful of years.
Maybe it is.

But we went from Carr at 25 million to Mahomes at 45 in 3 years

There is a cap blow up coming up in 2022 with the new TV deal

Is it that unreasonable that we go from 35 million (the current highest after Mahomes) to over 45 in 5 years?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:53 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:40 pm I've mentioned this numerous times, but the highest cap hit for a Super Bowl winning QB in the entire salary cap era is 13.1% and that was Steve Young in year 1. I love Mahomes and understand you had to do it from a PR standpoint. However, if he continues to play at a high level and they don't win another one on his big contract, will that finally change the thinking of handing out these mega deals?
That's just the reality of the NFL. You're better off having your franchise QB locked up, even if it means you don't win another Super Bowl. Peyton only won once in Indy, Rodgers only won once in GB, Marino won 0...

I can't blame the Chiefs at all for this deal. They essentially just locked up Mahomes forever, he's the best QB in the game, and he can be one of the best QBs to ever play. They never have to worry about the QB position again. As long as they hit on a reasonable amount of draft picks, they'll be in the hunt for a SB throughout his contract

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:30 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:27 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:15 pm

Sweet deal for the Chiefs? I'd say for Mahomes. :lol: This type of deal will definitely make it more difficult for them to compete. That's a lot of money tied up in the QB. Obviously they had little choice, but winning a SB will be a lot more difficult for them moving forward.
F it. They got their ring. Dude is amazing and I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say I’m pretty sure every person on earth is a fan of his. Now that he’s locked up it’s time to sit back and rake in cash for the next decade like never before.
I love the deal, being a Raiders fan. It gives the rest of the AFC West a shot. Mahomes is a fun player to watch, objectively, for sure.
I still don't think the West has a shot anytime soon even with Pat making more lol but wishful thinking

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:01 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:30 pm
Ray Finkle wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:27 pm

F it. They got their ring. Dude is amazing and I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say I’m pretty sure every person on earth is a fan of his. Now that he’s locked up it’s time to sit back and rake in cash for the next decade like never before.
I love the deal, being a Raiders fan. It gives the rest of the AFC West a shot. Mahomes is a fun player to watch, objectively, for sure.
I still don't think the West has a shot anytime soon even with Pat making more lol but wishful thinking
Oh, I do. I think it's a big deal. They will be severely cap strapped compared to right now. He's going to have to improve steadily in order for them to be as good once that deal kicks in. If Mayock and Gruden continue to draft well, combined with the fact there is no state tax in Vegas, they can absolutely build a team that can compete with the Chiefs. The Broncos with Rodgers there next year could, too IMO. Raiders are a year or two away yet, the Broncos add Rodgers (which I believe Elway is going to attempt) and they will be right there with the Chiefs.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:01 pm

Oh, I do. I think it's a big deal. They will be severely cap strapped compared to right now. He's going to have to improve steadily in order for them to be as good once that deal kicks in. If Mayock and Gruden continue to draft well, combined with the fact there is no state tax in Vegas, they can absolutely build a team that can compete with the Chiefs. The Broncos with Rodgers there next year could, too IMO. Raiders are a year or two away yet, the Broncos add Rodgers (which I believe Elway is going to attempt) and they will be right there with the Chiefs.
Lol I've always hated Rodgers and couldn't root for the Packers despite loving them during the Favre years. Would love to beat him twice a year.

I don't see them going for him unless Lock really sucks though. If he goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs as I expect though--he will get another shot.

Raiders with a non Carr QB could be scary for sure, especially Gruden with his "Mahomes" (not as good--just someone who doesn't throw the ball away on 4th down or get thrashed by the Jets when it looks like he is in the division race)

Chargers are a non factor with Trashbert and pretty old actually.

Only team in the near term worth fearing is the Broncos depending how much Lock improves

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:40 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:01 pm

Lol I've always hated Rodgers and couldn't root for the Packers despite loving them during the Favre years. Would love to beat him twice a year.

I don't see them going for him unless Lock really sucks though. If he goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs as I expect though--he will get another shot.

Raiders with a non Carr QB could be scary for sure, especially Gruden with his "Mahomes" (not as good--just someone who doesn't throw the ball away on 4th down or get thrashed by the Jets when it looks like he is in the division race)

Chargers are a non factor with Trashbert and pretty old actually.

Only team in the near term worth fearing is the Broncos depending how much Lock improves
I really think the Broncos are being built for a veteran QB. Rodgers would make a ton of sense. His time in GB is closing out. They will need 2 years of Love to decide wether or not they take on his 5th year option. Rodgers has 2 years left tops, and if they can get draft capital for him after this year, I don't see why they wouldn't, especially if they regress. Makes a ton of sense.

As for Carr, I am not counting him out. This year is a make or break year, but he was actually very good with little on the outside all year last year, for large stretches. He isn't their biggest problem IMO. Carr did not have a great game vs the Jets, but his receivers did nothing but drop passes all day. The entire team laid an egg. I actually expect him to have a good season. I am predicting 9-7 with a playoff berth this year for the Raiders. Significant upgrades on Defense and WR. Were a 2 point conversion away from 8-8 last year. As I said, the Raiders are a few years away, but I expect them to be competing for the West once that Mahomes deal kicks in. I think Mayock is looking like a very good GM.

But I digress, I don't want to turn this into an AFC West thread. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Here are the supposed details.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city ... mes-21751/

That 2027 cap hit, wow.

Spotrac has a video breakdown of it, if you want to watch it. It's on Facebook, not sure where else.