Rookie Draft is season is cancelled

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
steelerspride
Rookie
Rookie

Rookie Draft is season is cancelled

Postby steelerspride » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 pm

Im having trouble with the search function. So by all means, someone can delete this if there is a thread already. But how are you guys gonna handle draft order next year, if the season is cancelled
14 team Standard

Qb-Baker mayfield , Daniel Jones, justin fields

RB-, Joe Mixon, Mike Davis, Benny Snell,Salvon Ahmed, Jeff Wilson, Sony Michel, Damien Harris

WR-Michal Thomas, Courtland Sutton, Jamar Chase, Devante Parker, Robert Woods, Chase Claypool,
TE-Tyler Higbee, Adam Trautman

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rookie Draft is season is cancelled

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Whoever calls dibs

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:34 pm

We are entering the teams in FantasyPros ECR algorithm to be ranked and then a tiered lottery based on that...if the season is cancelled or cut short

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:40 pm

If the season is canceled, following how the NFL handles it and trying to adapt that to your own rookie draft is best imo.

We don't know how NFL will handle it, but we have examples of how other sports have handled no season due to lockout and NFL may handle it the same way.
https://sports.yahoo.com/happens-2021-d ... 58721.html

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:22 pm

Another option I've seen talked about and used is just use the projected fantasy stats. The site or app that you currently use for your league has projected stats for each week already.

Use projected stats, assume no injuries. Set every teams best lineup for the week. Run through all the head to head matchups and you have what your theoretical fantasy season would look like. Then use that to determine lottery odds for every team.

Its not perfect, but its fair.

Works for partial games played as well. If only 4 games are played in the season. Use the actual stats from 4 games and then use projected stats for rest of unplayed games.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:07 am

One league I commish I’ve put this out there:

Every player votes their own order of power rankings, just for this year, excluding their team. Congregate average turns into a weighted bingo ball roll for placement.

Like other posts, definitely not perfect but I think it’s a halfway good option.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:34 am

honcho55 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:07 am One league I commish I’ve put this out there:

Every player votes their own order of power rankings, just for this year, excluding their team. Congregate average turns into a weighted bingo ball roll for placement.

Like other posts, definitely not perfect but I think it’s a halfway good option.
Horrible option if people have other teams first round picks.

My personal favorite: You don't have a fantasy football season? WRONG!!! someone buys the newest copy of Madden and you still have a season. Simulate the season one week at a time, switch to an "all play format" and play for half of the normal pot (kick the other half to next year). Obviously simulated football is not the same as real football, but you'll still get the same type of fun from fantasy. If you don't want to buy a copy of Madden don't worry, I'm sure there will be at least one website that will run something like this.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:52 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:34 am
You don't have a fantasy football season? WRONG!!! someone buys the newest copy of Madden and you still have a season. Simulate the season one week at a time, switch to an "all play format" and play for half of the normal pot (kick the other half to next year). Obviously simulated football is not the same as real football, but you'll still get the same type of fun from fantasy.
I’m not terribly proud of the amount of time I invest in this hobby as it is. I really can’t wrap my mind around 12 grown dudes including myself, tracking stats and rooting for video game outcomes for our teams that already exist in fantasy land. I think we’ll just come up with a weighted lottery system the league is comfortable with.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:29 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:52 am
You don't have a fantasy football season? WRONG!!! someone buys the newest copy of Madden and you still have a season. Simulate the season one week at a time, switch to an "all play format" and play for half of the normal pot (kick the other half to next year). Obviously simulated football is not the same as real football, but you'll still get the same type of fun from fantasy.
I’m not terribly proud of the amount of time I invest in this hobby as it is. I really can’t wrap my mind around 12 grown dudes including myself, tracking stats and rooting for video game outcomes for our teams that already exist in fantasy land. I think we’ll just come up with a weighted lottery system the league is comfortable with.
Amen. There is a fine line between healthy hobby and unhealthy addiction. This crosses that line for me. There is zero chance I would do this. Really would need to start questioning my involvement in that league if they did, in fact I would take my money back an leave. Weighted Lottery is fine. Needs to be tiered. No way the league winner has any shot at the 1.01.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 am

Its far less time than you think. Set a lineup, read the stat lines, and calculate points. Its basically going back to fantasy roots where you didn't have access to all the games or sports center or NFL network etc, and you had to look at the box scores in the paper the next day. Given its one game per week, the total time investment is minimal.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:34 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 am
Its far less time than you think. Set a lineup, read the stat lines, and calculate points. Its basically going back to fantasy roots where you didn't have access to all the games or sports center or NFL network etc, and you had to look at the box scores in the paper the next day. Given its one game per week, the total time investment is minimal.
As stated above, I would leave a league that did this. It's a video game. That crosses the line of reasonable hobby for me. Especially with money involved.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:34 am

As stated above, I would leave a league that did this. It's a video game. That crosses the line of reasonable hobby for me.
There is absolutely no difference between a video game and real life. You have no impact on it.

If you miss a real week of football, and instead of providing stats from real life games I provide stats from simulated games, are you going to know the difference? If so, please let me know how.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am

As stated above, I would leave a league that did this. It's a video game. That crosses the line of reasonable hobby for me.
There is absolutely no difference between a video game and real life. You have no impact on it.

If you miss a real week of football, and instead of providing stats from real life games I provide stats from simulated games, are you going to know the difference? If so, please let me know how.
If you cannot understand the difference, I really am not going to get into it. I think it's a terrible idea, and crosses the line of reasonable hobby to being something a bit pathetic. Has nothing to do with the level of impact. It has to do with it being based off a video game rather than a real life game , with real people, that I watch. I don't sit around watching video games played by a CPU. It isn't what I signed up for.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:39 am
abloom wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 am

If you cannot understand the difference, I really am not going to get into it. I think it's a terrible idea, and crosses the line of reasonable hobby to being something a bit pathetic. Has nothing to do with the level of impact. It has to do with it being based off a video game rather than a real life game , with real people, that I watch. I don't sit around watching video games played by a CPU. It isn't what I signed up for.
well we can certainly agree to disagree. I'm just offering an option for those who want to have more of a fantasy football season than just a selection of pingpong balls.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:33 pm Whoever calls dibs