DLF Etiquette

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

DLF Etiquette

Postby McCafsteez » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:23 pm

I've only lived on DLF for about two years, but have picked up some proper DLF etiquette..the goal of this post is to spread this etiquette to make DLF easier to navigate, assess teams easier to give advice and allow for prompt communication. With that being said, I think the following should be expected of every DLF participant. This is primarily in regards to the Dynasty Team Advice Forums.

1) Proper Signature
- Start off with league size, roster size and starting requirements. Please include any special scoring formats here as well.
- List the players by position and in order (from left to right) your best players to worst players.
- Bold starters on team if possible.
- List future draft picks and taxi squad if applicable. (If character limit allows it)

2) Use Proper Titles for Posts
- Summarize in a few words what the post is about.
- If a poll is involved, be sure to include "(Poll)" in title.
- If OP decides to edit or abandon post, please update the title accordingly.

3) Post
- Keep post relevant to title and in an organized fashion that is easy to read.
- As the OP, keep an open mind for discussion. Every opinion and take is worth something on this site.
- Debate maturely when opinions differ.
- Quote properly so the conversation is easy to follow along.
- RESPECT OTHER FORUM MEMBERS

That's all I have for now. Looking to keeping DLF as efficient and accurate as possible. If there is anything else that needs to be added, let me know. (& Yes I had, and took the time to make this LOL)
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: DLF Etiquette

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Nice post! I love the thought and detail you put into these suggestions.

I used to list my roster in my sig but every time I made a trade I had to update it and that got annoying, so I removed it.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:56 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:56 pm Nice post! I love the thought and detail you put into these suggestions.

I used to list my roster in my sig but every time I made a trade I had to update it and that got annoying, so I removed it.
I just posted my teams to my sig last week and it's already out of date
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Ya I find titles like, 'Trade offer' annoying.

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:30 pm

Great post, I agree for the most part. I am in many leagues and its constantly changing. So basically I have owned or traded just about every player mentioned in FFB :) . I agree on being responsible in the posting and not personal. DLF rocks for sure.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:40 pm

One of the more refreshing posts I've come across in a while. Many, including myself, could learn from this example. Well done.
Paul Crewe wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:52 pm

I didn't say the gap between Dak and Wentz is huge. I just said one existed and challenged the rationale of denying that gap while highlighting another one between lesser QBs due to Superflex. That said, I completely agree with your assessment of Minshew vs. Brissett.

To quantify it, over the last two seasons, Dak has been nearly 2 points better per game on average than Wentz using our league's scoring settings (20.2 to 18.5). Not huge, but certainly significant. That's also 32 games for Dak vs. 27 for Wentz.

Through all four seasons of their careers, he's been roughly 1.0 point better on average. Not as significant, but again, no missed games for Dak vs. 8 for Wentz including the entirety of 2 fantasy playoffs. I'm not sure why that gets dismissed so easily. Maybe because Foles kept saving the day in his absence.

Outside of fantasy, I agree that Dak and Wentz are close to equal in terms of real-life talent. I might actually opt for Wentz in a QB vacuum devoid of surrounding personnel and injury history. If you were implying something similar and I misunderstand, I apologize. We obviously disagree in principle on values here, but I intend no disrespect.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:40 pm One of the more refreshing posts I've come across in a while. Many, including myself, could learn from this example. Well done.
Paul Crewe wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:52 pm

I didn't say the gap between Dak and Wentz is huge. I just said one existed and challenged the rationale of denying that gap while highlighting another one between lesser QBs due to Superflex. That said, I completely agree with your assessment of Minshew vs. Brissett.

To quantify it, over the last two seasons, Dak has been nearly 2 points better per game on average than Wentz using our league's scoring settings (20.2 to 18.5). Not huge, but certainly significant. That's also 32 games for Dak vs. 27 for Wentz.

Through all four seasons of their careers, he's been roughly 1.0 point better on average. Not as significant, but again, no missed games for Dak vs. 8 for Wentz including the entirety of 2 fantasy playoffs. I'm not sure why that gets dismissed so easily. Maybe because Foles kept saving the day in his absence.

Outside of fantasy, I agree that Dak and Wentz are close to equal in terms of real-life talent. I might actually opt for Wentz in a QB vacuum devoid of surrounding personnel and injury history. If you were implying something similar and I misunderstand, I apologize. We obviously disagree in principle on values here, but I intend no disrespect.
This is how it should be. A friendly debate where two sides give their opinions and or facts. If there is a misunderstanding, it should be addressed and both sides should come together at a balance. Really appreciate this example here. Really good stuff!
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:32 pm

@ all who responded about the signature section...it's a good problem to have! Rotating your roster/s frequently shows you are in an active league. So in regards to updating signatures, we will leave it at "do the best you can" :lol:
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:27 pm Ya I find titles like, 'Trade offer' annoying.
Couldn't agree more! A lot of times, I prioritize looking at posts that include players I have on my own roster/s in the title. It makes choosing which thread to view a whole lot easier. I also don't feel I am wasting my time getting to the content I prefer. (Sorry "Trade Offer" posters)
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:02 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:27 pm Ya I find titles like, 'Trade offer' annoying.
Couldn't agree more! A lot of times, I prioritize looking at posts that include players I have on my own roster/s in the title. It makes choosing which thread to view a whole lot easier. I also don't feel I am wasting my time getting to the content I prefer. (Sorry "Trade Offer" posters)
One way to look at it is, if the poster used only a generic title, the OP will likely not include certain basic info. Even when the number of teams, roster size and starting requirements are included, you can run across the "oh this is a salary cap league" landmine, or find out it's a keeper league with unique rules... deep into discussion of the trade. Suddenly, everything that had been said is useless.

I'm uncertain what percentage of OPs lack this info because they're new/uneducated, what percentage fail to include the info due to an oversight, or if something else could drive these omissions.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:22 pm

Excellent post! I agree with everything you said here. I thought I would add a comment on 2 things.

First regarding signatures, I made this post 6 years ago (wow!) but still think it would be a great change to the forum.

Second:
McCafsteez wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:23 pm - Quote properly so the conversation is easy to follow along.
The "etiquette" or maybe just culture around quoting on this forum has always driven me bonkers! People need to get better at deleting the parts of quotes they are not directly responding to. Nested quotes of multiple 200 word posts gets pretty unreadable especially on a phone. Would love it if everyone edited the quotes a little bit more.

Thanks for a great and constructive post though :thumbup:

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 am

I’d just like to make a few additional pointers:

A group of people engaged in a specific activity is a corps, like the Marine corps or a WR corps. A core is the center of something, like an apple core. Use “core” when you’re discussing your favorite fruit in the Off-Topic forum. Use “corps” when referring to a group of players on your team who play the same position.

It’s would’ve/should’ve/could’ve, not would of/should of/could of.

Don’t use rape as a metaphor for being on the wrong end of a lopsided trade. It’s crass and thoughtless. We’re playing nerdy pretend football here. Try to keep things in perspective. Even if you traded CMC and Michael Thomas for Laquon Treadwell and a 2023 4th, that doesn’t even come close to the horror of being violently and forcibly penetrated against your will.

“A lot” is two words. “Alot” is not a word at all.

Say “while,” not “whilst.” The latter just sounds incredibly douchey and pretentious. Be honest. Would you really say “whilst” out loud in a conversation? Of course not, so don’t type it either. (Caveat: if you’re British, feel free to disregard the above advice. “Whilst” is actually more common than “while” in the UK. But if you’re American, just say “while.”)

Regardless of your country of origin, don’t say “tuddy,” like, ever. Just don’t. Please.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:09 am

Csl312 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:22 pmNested quotes of multiple 200 word posts gets pretty unreadable especially on a phone. Would love it if everyone edited the quotes a little bit more.
This is a pet peeve of mine too. I will stop reading through a thread if I have to scroll through page after page of people quoting pages and pages of each other.

And no, putting in bold a small piece of a large post isn't an alternative. Crop that thing. Use the "preview" button to ensure you've cropped it correctly.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

trader_nation
Rookie
Rookie

Postby trader_nation » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:10 am

I don't understand, why would anyone want to scroll through all of your players in everyone of your posts? Why don't you just attach a link to your team's? The few people who put their teams in their signatures, usually say in their posts"in my other team not in my signature" it's like walking around with a t-shirt of your kids (no one cares) but only your favourite kids

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:16 am

Great thread, a few respectful and thoughtful thoughts:
M-Dub wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 am I’d just like to make a few additional pointers:

A group of people engaged in a specific activity is a corps, like the Marine corps or a WR corps. A core is the center of something, like an apple core. Use “core” when you’re discussing your favorite fruit in the Off-Topic forum. Use “corps” when referring to a group of players on your team who play the same position.
And use "corpse" when talking about guys that should no longer be on rosters or are way past their prime.

dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:56 pm by dlf_mikeh » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:56 pm

Nice post! I love the thought and detail you put into these suggestions.

One of my favorite parts of completing trades is to triumphantly update my signature. Ditto with making draft picks. Of course it ultimately depends on the number of teams that you have and how many can easily be fit into the signature
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01