This year's Austin Ekeler?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: This year's Austin Ekeler?

Postby ThunderTung » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:54 pm
murphysxm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am I may be in the minority, but the Mattison hype is getting a little out of hand to me. He is a great hand cuff, but that is all he is. Dalvin is going to get signed based what I am hearing. His value IMO is only to the Cook owner
Yeah, I was listening to the UTH podcast and they were saying they'd need a top 6 2020 rookie pick to trade Mattison away... :shock:

As for a Cook holdout, he'll "have" to report to camp, but he can still sit out the regular season games.
that price tag is a little unrealistic, i would be more than happy to receive a mid 2nd. for a guy that i took in the 5th, to flip for a 2nd the following year is a no brainer to me.

I dont think anyone asking for a top 6 pick really wants to trade Mattison though
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:27 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:55 pm Give me Eno Benjamin. Perfect fit for the Cards offense and was actually picked by Kingsbury, who seems on a mission to completely rebuild the roster in his own image.
In the 7th round. Kingsburry was also there when Edmonds shredded the Giants, even though he didn't pick him. He's not going to pass on talent for inferior players just because he picked them. Benjamin is more likely to be cut than be then next Ekeler IMO.
We’re looking for an Ekeler. Dude was a UDFA. Benjamin is a lot better than your average 7th rounder in my view and unless DJ Foster somehow manages to stay healthy and finally cash in on his potential, it seems like a given that Benjamin makes the team.

Edmonds makes his living outside the tackles and it just happened to be a solid matchup against the Giants. The Cards were extremely good on outside runs to the left (They averaged 6.73 YPC outside the left tackle) and that just happened to be a major problem for an otherwise stout Giants run defense (they gave up 13 rushes of 10+ yards on 61 rushes (21%) 4.59 YPC at that spot compared to 42 on 408 (10.2%) 3.76 YPC.) elsewhere.

Specific to that game, Edmonds went 8 for 63 outside the left end (7.88 ypc) and went 19 for 63 elsewhere (3.32 YPC), which included a 20 yard TD up the middle to spike the stats overall. He shed Bethea’s tackle nicely on the run up the middle but was otherwise untouched as the blocking was excellent.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:23 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:15 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:55 pm Give me Eno Benjamin. Perfect fit for the Cards offense and was actually picked by Kingsbury, who seems on a mission to completely rebuild the roster in his own image.
In the 7th round. Kingsburry was also there when Edmonds shredded the Giants, even though he didn't pick him. He's not going to pass on talent for inferior players just because he picked them. Benjamin is more likely to be cut than be then next Ekeler IMO.
We’re looking for an Ekeler. Dude was a UDFA. Benjamin is a lot better than your average 7th rounder in my view and unless DJ Foster somehow manages to stay healthy and finally cash in on his potential, it seems like a given that Benjamin makes the team.

Edmonds makes his living outside the tackles and it just happened to be a solid matchup against the Giants. The Cards were extremely good on outside runs to the left (They averaged 6.73 YPC outside the left tackle) and that just happened to be a major problem for an otherwise stout Giants run defense (they gave up 13 rushes of 10+ yards on 61 rushes (21%) 4.59 YPC at that spot compared to 42 on 408 (10.2%) 3.76 YPC.) elsewhere.

Specific to that game, Edmonds went 8 for 63 outside the left end (7.88 ypc) and went 19 for 63 elsewhere (3.32 YPC), which included a 20 yard TD up the middle to spike the stats overall. He shed Bethea’s tackle nicely on the run up the middle but was otherwise untouched as the blocking was excellent.
The OP was referring to a guy maximizing a contract holdout, not draft position, and was based solely on Mattison being this years Ekeler. It wasn't about "who is this years Ekeler?". Benjamin needs to make the roster and then climb the depth chart, so he's not really going to be this years Ekeler. Ekeler was a non rookie who was already an important part of the offense and 2nd on the depth chart. Benjamin won't have that opportunity, nor does he have that talent/athleticism to produce similarly to Ekeler last year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:43 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:32 pm Maybe a better question is who is this year's PPR committee back who can turn that role into fantasy gold. Mattison wouldn't be that guy.

Some hype building around Hines as the PPR back for Rivers. Rivers can't throw down field so expect more dump offs and Hines could benefit. CEH is another candidate being the presumed receiving back for KC.
Boston Scott gets my vote, after Edmunds. There's plenty of room for Sanders to eat and Scott to still have a nice role in PPR. And I think Scott showed some really good things when given the opportunity last season.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:04 pm

I will pick the PPR RB 13 from 2018, The Human Joystick Tarik Cohen! Bears Offense must be better then the dumpster fire that was 2019.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:53 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:43 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:32 pm Maybe a better question is who is this year's PPR committee back who can turn that role into fantasy gold. Mattison wouldn't be that guy.

Some hype building around Hines as the PPR back for Rivers. Rivers can't throw down field so expect more dump offs and Hines could benefit. CEH is another candidate being the presumed receiving back for KC.
Boston Scott gets my vote, after Edmunds. There's plenty of room for Sanders to eat and Scott to still have a nice role in PPR. And I think Scott showed some really good things when given the opportunity last season.
I foolishly dropped Scott when the Saints cut him in my 3 RB league, and last year dropped him halfway through the year in my best ball league. :doh:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:11 pm

Does kareem hunt count? Not because of a holdout but as a backup becoming just as valuable or more valuable than the starter.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:16 pm

ckrumm24 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:11 pm Does kareem hunt count?
Probably not as the "next Ekeler" but he is very relevant to this convo.

Chubb is too good a rusher to lose early down work; but with how stubbornly run heavy Stefanski was in Minnesota, I can easily see a lesser version of the Ingram Kamara from 2017 situation where Hunt makes his way to low end RB2 status.

That would however also require Baker to check down more often and the line to improve fast (possible with the Wills and Conklin additions)

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:23 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:15 pm

The OP was referring to a guy maximizing a contract holdout, not draft position, and was based solely on Mattison being this years Ekeler. It wasn't about "who is this years Ekeler?". Benjamin needs to make the roster and then climb the depth chart, so he's not really going to be this years Ekeler. Ekeler was a non rookie who was already an important part of the offense and 2nd on the depth chart. Benjamin won't have that opportunity, nor does he have that talent/athleticism to produce similarly to Ekeler last year.
A bit of a weird response, but okay. I felt like we moved on from the specificity of the contract holdout discussion almost immediately. I’m not even sure what point you’re trying to make here. Does Benjamin get disqualified from the discussion because he’s not going into his third year and behind a guy entering a potential holdout?

As for the second part, Benjamin is behind Kenyan Drake & DJ Foster, who both have significant injury histories, as well as Chase Edmonds who is an ineffective interior runner and missed three games with less than a 100 touches last year. Benjamin’s not going to start the year at the top of the depth chart, but running back depth charts can change in a hurry with a couple injuries. As for Benjamin’s talent/athleticism relative to Ekeler, the athletic testing doesn’t have them all that far apart. Both have elite burst and excellent agility scores with underwhelming speed scores. I guess we’ll have to see on their talent level because Ekeler’s college career isn’t really comparable and we haven’t seen Benjamin in the NFL. You’re probably right, but I like Benjamin’s talent and will happily grab him for a 3rd and see what happens.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 am

How about a late career resurgence from Gio Bernard? Mixon is one of the less-discussed holdout candidates, the offense has some exciting talent, Bernard has produced well in spots before, and he’s in a contract year. Also fits the bill as a talented receiving back.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:11 am

Many obstacles, including demonstrating a stable knee in game action, depth chart to battle, and some would argue even making the roster (IMO he’s a shoe-in if healthy)...how about Jerick McKinnon finally stepping on the field with the 49ers? Costs very little to nothing in dynasty leagues right now as most people have written him off or never believed in his ability to begin with. I won’t dive into how misconstrued it is to just look at his MN stats are again in this post...he had talent. If he’s got his knees back under him, I’m excited for him.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:04 pm I will pick the PPR RB 13 from 2018, The Human Joystick Tarik Cohen! Bears Offense must be better then the dumpster fire that was 2019.
Cohen has the talent. He was horribly misused last year
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:46 pm

i believe darrell henderson will make some big plays this season. he won't see as much work as akers but should make the most of it.

CJRousseau
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CJRousseau » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:52 pm
CJRousseau wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:35 pm

I understand that. This is also a new CBA. Gordon's situation would also lend to the likelihood that Cook doesn't hold out, based on how it turned out for him. I think the odds Cooks misses time are minimal.
Yea that's why I brought up the CBA in my original post, but I'm a hopeful Mattison owner. I'd at least like for the hype to build a bit more so I can flip Mattison for an actual starter around the start of the season.
For sure. Have you approached the Cook owner? Some are more skittish on these issues than others.
He's not being skittish haha. I've gotta wait for things to become a little more unstable with Cook.
Team 1
12 Tm PPR 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 RB/WR/TE
QBs- A Rodgers, C Newton, D Lock, N Foles
RBs- C Edwards-Helaire, Todd Gurley, James Robinson, J Williams, K Vaughn, T Coleman, D Evans
WRs- C Ridley, T Boyd, J Landry, B Coooks, M Pittman, P Campbell, B Edwards, C Samuel, L Fitzgerald
TEs- J Smith, R Gronkowski, L Thomas

Team 2
12 Tm PPR 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 RB/WR/TE
QBs- K Murrray, D Lock, D Brees, K Cousins, T Taylor
RBs- D Singletary, M Ingram, A Mattison, T Pollard, G Bernard, D Evans
WRs- T Hill, A Robinson, C Sutton, M Pittman, T Higgins, R Anderson, D Westbrook, J Reynolds, S Sims, Q Cephus
TEs- H Hurst, T Higbee

Team 3
12 Tm PPR 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 RB/WR/TE
QBs- R Wilson, G Minshew, Big Ben, T Taylor
RBs- J Mixon, K Drake, K Hunt, T Cohen, L Murray, M Davis, T Pollard, B Scott
WRs- C Ridley, A Robinson, J Jeudy, R Woods, M Pittman, B Aiyuk, B Edwards, Q Cephus, G Davis
TEs- H Hurst, J Smith, D Schultz, L Thomas

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 am

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:32 pm Maybe a better question is who is this year's PPR committee back who can turn that role into fantasy gold.
Allow me to direct you to the Tarek Cohen Fan club

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=201355
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass