This year's Austin Ekeler?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: This year's Austin Ekeler?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:54 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am I may be in the minority, but the Mattison hype is getting a little out of hand to me. He is a great hand cuff, but that is all he is. Dalvin is going to get signed based what I am hearing. His value IMO is only to the Cook owner
Yeah, I was listening to the UTH podcast and they were saying they'd need a top 6 2020 rookie pick to trade Mattison away... :shock:

As for a Cook holdout, he'll "have" to report to camp, but he can still sit out the regular season games.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:15 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:54 pm
murphysxm wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:53 am I may be in the minority, but the Mattison hype is getting a little out of hand to me. He is a great hand cuff, but that is all he is. Dalvin is going to get signed based what I am hearing. His value IMO is only to the Cook owner
Yeah, I was listening to the UTH podcast and they were saying they'd need a top 6 2020 rookie pick to trade Mattison away... :shock:

As for a Cook holdout, he'll "have" to report to camp, but he can still sit out the regular season games.
Mattison has become 2020 Darrell Henderson

I'm interested to see how many year 4 RB's are going to hold out this year: Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon are all getting a lot less attention than Cook but their backups have just as much upside: Latavius/Ty Montgomery, AJ Dillon/Jamaal Williams, Rodney Anderson/Traevon/Giovani

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Chase Edmonds would be my pick. That offense runs a lot of plays. I don't trust Kenyan Drake as a primary back in the NFL. Edmonds isn't dead yet.

I-ROK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby I-ROK » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:15 pm
CJRousseau wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:00 pm
You must be even closer to the situation than Dalvin Cook himself cause according to what he's hearing, he's holding out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Basically the consensus in the football media is Dalvin will get signed, that's what he's referring to. Cook can only miss 5 days of camp, and must report day 1 I believe, or he loses his accrued year. He has threatened to hold out, but it's June. Almost nobody who has anything to do with football believes Cook will miss any time. That's what he is most likely referring to.
This isn’t true. The new CBA applies to second contracts only. Those on rookie contracts can hold out as they always have been able to. I could be wrong on the accrued year, but I am 100% certain the holdout changes apply to second contracts only

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:18 pm
remedy29 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 pm I will go with Phillip Lyndsay. He hasn't shown to be a good receiving back yet, but he has played significantly, a veteran, and his perceived value is low. Plus, he is the number 2 back to Gordon and we all know how well that turn out for Gordon's number 2 last year.

I'm not sure when Lindsay is a FA, but this is a big year for him. One way or another, his talent will show this year and he'll eventually be paid his worth.
According to Cecil Lammey, a Denver beat reporter, he's just not that strong a receiver. Gordon's number 2 wasn't arbitrarily successful. He was successful because he's a really good football player. Lindsay will never get paid what he's worth, IMO. He's going to be and RFA next year. So if they keep him, which they probably will, he will be a UDFA when he is almost 28. He's turning 26 next month. Sadly, Lindsay will probably never get a very good deal.
Ekeler had a great football year and fantasy PPR season, no doubt. Phillip Lindsay has back to back 1,000 yard rushing seasons and a pro bowl on his resume. Akeler is a good player, but Lindsay was a better player in his first two years than Ekeler was.

I get Lindsay has not displayed receiving ability like Ekeler has. Maybe he will improve, maybe he won't. But one way or the other, he will succeed.

My point being, Gordon is not going to stand in his way for too long.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Yeah it's Lindsay for me too. He is no workhorse but Melvin Gordon flat out sucks

Only question is if the Broncos keep running him to prove paying him was right even as he's costing them games

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:45 pm

I can't listen to Katy, she's just not too bright IMO. I think it was Chad that said that, though. It's fine to want that, but don't expect it, or think that's what his value is, they should clarify they need an overpay, which that is.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:47 pm

remedy29 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:37 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:18 pm
remedy29 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:03 pm I will go with Phillip Lyndsay. He hasn't shown to be a good receiving back yet, but he has played significantly, a veteran, and his perceived value is low. Plus, he is the number 2 back to Gordon and we all know how well that turn out for Gordon's number 2 last year.

I'm not sure when Lindsay is a FA, but this is a big year for him. One way or another, his talent will show this year and he'll eventually be paid his worth.
According to Cecil Lammey, a Denver beat reporter, he's just not that strong a receiver. Gordon's number 2 wasn't arbitrarily successful. He was successful because he's a really good football player. Lindsay will never get paid what he's worth, IMO. He's going to be and RFA next year. So if they keep him, which they probably will, he will be a UDFA when he is almost 28. He's turning 26 next month. Sadly, Lindsay will probably never get a very good deal.
Ekeler had a great football year and fantasy PPR season, no doubt. Phillip Lindsay has back to back 1,000 yard rushing seasons and a pro bowl on his resume. Akeler is a good player, but Lindsay was a better player in his first two years than Ekeler was.

I get Lindsay has not displayed receiving ability like Ekeler has. Maybe he will improve, maybe he won't. But one way or the other, he will succeed.

My point being, Gordon is not going to stand in his way for too long.
Ekeler was very efficient his first 2 years, he just didn't get the opportunity because of Gordon. Gordon is being paid to be the lead back there. I think you are mistaken if you think Lindsay will take Gordon's role. It's a committee at best for Lindsay.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:47 pm
Ekeler was very efficient his first 2 years, he just didn't get the opportunity because of Gordon. Gordon is being paid to be the lead back there. I think you are mistaken if you think Lindsay will take Gordon's role. It's a committee at best for Lindsay.
This is very true. I actually argued that he was better than Gordon 2 years ago on the back of his efficiency advantage in the same offense.

Lindsay could very well become the Ekeler of 2018; and that guy was still a very productive back even if he was in an RBBC.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:54 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:28 pm Chase Edmonds would be my pick. That offense runs a lot of plays. I don't trust Kenyan Drake as a primary back in the NFL. Edmonds isn't dead yet.
This is the most realistic pick for me as well, I think he's solid all around and he's a good pass catcher too. He was going to be what Drake is now until he got banged up and then they brought Drake in.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:55 pm

Give me Eno Benjamin. Perfect fit for the Cards offense and was actually picked by Kingsbury, who seems on a mission to completely rebuild the roster in his own image.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:27 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:55 pm Give me Eno Benjamin. Perfect fit for the Cards offense and was actually picked by Kingsbury, who seems on a mission to completely rebuild the roster in his own image.
In the 7th round. Kingsburry was also there when Edmonds shredded the Giants, even though he didn't pick him. He's not going to pass on talent for inferior players just because he picked them. Benjamin is more likely to be cut than be then next Ekeler IMO.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:27 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:55 pm Give me Eno Benjamin. Perfect fit for the Cards offense and was actually picked by Kingsbury, who seems on a mission to completely rebuild the roster in his own image.
In the 7th round. Kingsburry was also there when Edmonds shredded the Giants, even though he didn't pick him. He's not going to pass on talent for inferior players just because he picked them. Benjamin is more likely to be cut than be then next Ekeler IMO.
I agree with your sentiment but I'm doubling down on the duo. Why not go acquire Benjamin when the going rate is a rookie 3rd? Both Edmonds and Benjamin are obtainable without giving up much more than some later rookie picks or end of roster talent.

I-ROK
Rookie
Rookie

Postby I-ROK » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:45 pm

I can't listen to Katy, she's just not too bright IMO. I think it was Chad that said that, though. It's fine to want that, but don't expect it, or think that's what his value is, they should clarify they need an overpay, which that is.
I don’t like Katy either

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:46 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:27 pm
I agree with your sentiment but I'm doubling down on the duo. Why not go acquire Benjamin when the going rate is a rookie 3rd? Both Edmonds and Benjamin are obtainable without giving up much more than some later rookie picks or end of roster talent.
I don't think a 7th round RB is worth a rookie 3rd, especially in this class. Just my take on it, though.