Which team is best?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Which team is best?

Postby dirkey » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:08 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:06 am
megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 am So you clearly think your team is the best. So what was purpose of your post? A victory lap? You will know at the end of the season. There are no trophies handed out in the preseason.
To me your team is very good, Kudos on roster structure but I foresee several potential issues that could arise. I'm only trying to help.

Team 2 is my favourite from a dynasty perspective. I think it will have great value in years to come.
Discussion.

Well, I led this league in points and all play win % last year and improved this offseason while these teams got weaker.

Let me ask you this, would you like my team better from a dynasty perspective if I traded Saquon to team 2 for a package?
Is it really for discussion? People have suggested their thoughts ... and rather than "discuss" you've told them as to why they're wrong. That's not discussion.
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

QB: Ryan, Tua, Fitzpatrick.
RB: McCaffrey, Chubb, Gibson, Gaskin, Bernard, Mack, Edwards, Hines, Kerryon.
WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.
TE: Ebron, Higbee, Herndon.

Draft Picks
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd.
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:16 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 am So you clearly think your team is the best. So what was purpose of your post? A victory lap? You will know at the end of the season. There are no trophies handed out in the preseason.
To me your team is very good, Kudos on roster structure but I foresee several potential issues that could arise. I'm only trying to help.

Team 2 is my favourite from a dynasty perspective. I think it will have great value in years to come.
Discussion. I feel like your point is based on a sensationalized take on Aaron Jones TD regression and a bizarre Dez Bryant comparison. Just sayin.

Well, I led this league in points and all play win % last year and improved this offseason while these teams got weaker.

Let me ask you this, would you like my team better from a dynasty perspective if I traded Saquon to team 2 for a package?
Did you win the league last year?

Are you really interested in discussion as you've tried to shout down every opinion that was contrary to yours.

No i would not sell saquon or Sanders. But I'd see what it would take to turn Evans into Godwin. Id also see what you could get for Kupp.
I think you've missed the boat to get a great deal for Jones-hopefully he gives you value next year. I told you the best and most intelligent player in our league had foresight to sell Jones for Mixon. Incredible deal when you look at it now.

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:22 am

Team 1 has practically zero depth. 1 injury to a key piece and you start to fall behind. You'll be decimated on bye weeks too.

If it was just which team of starters would anyone prefer, they'd all likely take your team. But that's not the question, it's which team is best for this year, and which team is best for dynasty.

I think 3 is set up the best to win this year, and team 2 is best for dynasty purposes.

I personally feel you're just like a troll on this forum, everything you post is either you bragging or trying to rip someone off, then you get rude, argumentative and throw around bad language and insults once someone offers a different opinion.

I'm surprised people keep getting caught in your trap. You remind of Turcorox911 who always posted these elaborate situations he'd end up in that were clearly made up, just so he could argue with people.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:29 am

elvisn wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:22 am Team 1 has practically zero depth. 1 injury to a key piece and you start to fall behind. You'll be decimated on bye weeks too.

If it was just which team of starters would anyone prefer, they'd all likely take your team. But that's not the question, it's which team is best for this year, and which team is best for dynasty.

I think 3 is set up the best to win this year, and team 2 is best for dynasty purposes.

I personally feel you're just like a troll on this forum, everything you post is either you bragging or trying to rip someone off, then you get rude, argumentative and throw around bad language and insults once someone offers a different opinion.

I'm surprised people keep getting caught in your trap. You remind of Turcorox911 who always posted these elaborate situations he'd end up in that were clearly made up, just so he could argue with people.
I'm just an injury away from losing but team 3 isnt? He is literally starting Crowder or Fuller every week. Mostert would start on his team. Mostert is a significant bye week upgrade to whoever he will be plopping out 8 weeks of the season on bye weeks. Mostert is better than team 2s bye week fill ins also. Where is this all important depth you are criticizing me about that team 3 has compared to my team? I know you cant answer that, because you know it isnt true. You just dont like my tone.

With flex roles in this league you shouldn't need more than 3 startable options. Sure, if I am decimated with injuries to my best players I'm toast. Same goes for every other team in the league.

Also, please break down the future dynasty value of team 1 and 2. Saquon, 2 1sts, Sanders, Metcalf, Hardman >. As Saquon and Sanders are both worth multiple young assets from team 2.

I haven't insulted anybody or used bad language.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:42 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:16 am

Discussion. I feel like your point is based on a sensationalized take on Aaron Jones TD regression and a bizarre Dez Bryant comparison. Just sayin.

Did you win the league last year?

Are you really interested in discussion as you've tried to shout down every opinion that was contrary to yours.

No i would not sell saquon or Sanders. But I'd see what it would take to turn Evans into Godwin. Id also see what you could get for Kupp.
I think you've missed the boat to get a great deal for Jones-hopefully he gives you value next year. I told you the best and most intelligent player in our league had foresight to sell Jones for Mixon. Incredible deal when you look at it now.
I did not win, I was eliminated in a loss by .2 points. My 2nd loss under 1 point on the season. But most points and highest all play win % literally mean best team, and there are cash prizes for that in my league. You can't control your schedule.

There was never a high sell high window for Jones. Only Tacos valued him as THE rb2 in fantasy. I attempted to move him bit I wasn't receiving high 1st value (like Mixon), and I was content keeping him for mid 1st value as a contender. If he has another good season the sell window for a 1st will still be available. Your all mighty most knowledgeable player in your league didnt have this amazing foresight, he just burned a Taco.

I shopped Kupp around also, all offers were lateral moves or didnt fit my win window.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 am

Just a failed brag thread really
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 am

It wasn't a brag thread, but it went pretty well. Most agreed that team 1 was best, including the most respected members.

The ones who chose team 2 froze when they were confronted with the Saquon = multiple young players from team 2 pov.

Nobody can point to better depth on team 3

There was also a bizarre Dez Bryant comp thrown in there that immediately withdrew any credibility that this guy actually watches football.

Change my mind. I'm just posting g my opinion, not sure why that isnt allowed here.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 am

100%.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:58 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 am

100%.
You just backed down on your argument about long term prospects between teams 1 and 2 when I asked about trading Saquon for a package. Hes worth more than the lot team 2 is hding and you know it. I could easily trade Ssquon, Sanders, and my picks for all of those players you think make his team better in dynasty at your first glance, but the savvy players here spotted it right away. Now you recognize it as well so you've backed down. You have failed, not me.

What about Ekeler, Robinson, and Sigletary? I would argue they are more questionable than Hopkins, Evans, and Jones and they are filling the same roles for his team.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 am

It wasn't a brag thread, but it went pretty well. Most agreed that team 1 was best, including the most respected members.

The ones who chose team 2 froze when they were confronted with the Saquon = multiple young players from team 2 pov.

Change my mind
Nope... I definitely didn't agree that team 1 was the best, and I am definitely the most respected member that has posted.

As far as Barkley being worth multiple pieces from team 2, no one is arguing that. The argument for team 2 is that it is a better dynasty team than team 1. Now if you're confused about the difference between a season long and a dynasty league, there are several good articles on this very site about the difference. Please also list the trades for sanders and barkley that you have rejected, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Your biggest argument against team 2 is that they have depleted their future assets while you have maintained yours. What you fail to grasp is that they depleted their future rookie picks, which will then take 2-3 years to mature (depending on position) for 2020 rookies, who will mature prior to your future rookie picks. You can't just say, hey they are rookies now so they suck, and he doesn't have any future picks, so his future team will suck. That's a seasonal mentality, not a dynasty mentality.

If you wish to just state facts about your team without asking for actual discussion/opinions this is probably not the forum for you. You should try some other thread. The fact that you ended your post with
Change my mind
just further proves this. People asking to have a discussion or asking for advice don't come here with a closed mind.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:05 am

You'll find that megager is a very respected poster on here.
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.

Draft Picks

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:16 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:58 am
megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:53 am

100%.
You just backed down on your argument about long term prospects between teams 1 and 2 when I asked about trading Saquon for a package. Hes worth more than the lot team 2 is hding and you know it. I could easily trade Ssquon, Sanders, and my picks for all of those players you think make his team better in dynasty at your first glance, but the savvy players here spotted it right away. Now you recognize it as well so you've backed down. You have failed, not me.

What about Ekeler, Robinson, and Sigletary? I would argue they are more questionable than Hopkins, Evans, and Jones and they are filling the same roles for his team.
I haven't backed down on anything. I have failed nothing.

I would not trade Saquon but I think team 1 has little depth and a few players who's value will decline this year. If you don't win this year I think you could struggle to keep pace with team 2.

My advice for team 2 is to be patient and not mortgage the future for saquon as team 2 could well be the strongest team in 2021.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:48 am

abloom wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:03 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 am

Change my mind
Nope... I definitely didn't agree that team 1 was the best, and I am definitely the most respected member that has posted.

As far as Barkley being worth multiple pieces from team 2, no one is arguing that. The argument for team 2 is that it is a better dynasty team than team 1. Now if you're confused about the difference between a season long and a dynasty league, there are several good articles on this very site about the difference. Please also list the trades for sanders and barkley that you have rejected, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Your biggest argument against team 2 is that they have depleted their future assets while you have maintained yours. What you fail to grasp is that they depleted their future rookie picks, which will then take 2-3 years to mature (depending on position) for 2020 rookies, who will mature prior to your future rookie picks. You can't just say, hey they are rookies now so they suck, and he doesn't have any future picks, so his future team will suck. That's a seasonal mentality, not a dynasty mentality.

If you wish to just state facts about your team without asking for actual discussion/opinions this is probably not the forum for you. You should try some other thread. The fact that you ended your post with
Change my mind
just further proves this. People asking to have a discussion or asking for advice don't come here with a closed mind.
You're doing the same thing you are complaining that I am doing. You are being condescending and self important about your opinion. Dont take the high road when you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing.

That was not my argument against team 2. It's that team 1 actually has more future value when considering that Saquon is an albatross in dynasty formats, and my rookie picks will be made and developed by the time my (25, 26, and 28) year old "veterans" will begin to regress. Meanwhile while outproducing his developing rookies.

Saquon, Sanders, 2 1sts, Metcalf, and Hardman has more future value than CEH, Swift, Jeudy, Jefferson, Singletary, Kirk, Higgins and Deebo. This is a group of our best future assets. My group holds more future value here.

You may include Godwin up there, but, to dismiss Hopkins and Evans as dwindling dynasty assets isn't based in anything but speculation. Could they regress within 2 years? Sure. Fantasy football is unpredictable. But at this time there isn't much to support the claim. They are unanimously considered top dynasty assets and are 28 and 26 years old respectively, which isn't particularly old for a wide receiver. I would slot Godwin against these two players. Hopkins especially, will probably fetch first round picks for years to come. Now is not the time for me to sell him.

Beyond that, both sides have a few intriguing young stashes left over that we can't possibly predict future value at this point.

This discussion broke down in to a seasonal and dynasty discussion. Dont be condescending, I'm aware of the difference between redraft and dynasty. I've done nothing to show otherwise. You need to re read the context to tell when I'm talking on terms of 2020, and when I'm talking in terms of future assets. 2020 is relevant. Future is relevant.

In sorry that you feel "state(ing) facts," is " not the forum for (me)", but that is a pretty absurd thing to say.

I didnt come with a closed mind. I'm under no obligation to accept the advice given here. Sometimes I take it. Sometimes I dont.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:49 am

dirkey wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:05 am You'll find that megager is a very respected poster on here.
His argument is based on a Dez Bryant comp that doesn't fit, and a sensationalized take on Aaron Jones TD regression that he hasn't responded to.

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:57 am

Read what he said about Dez again. He didn't compare them. He said he gets a "Dez Bryant vibe, ie, unexpected fall off a cliff". Didn't compare them as players, it's just his feeling, his opinion, that something like that might happen. I happen to have the same inkling. I've been offered to trade for him a few times and I've been scared off for that reason. It's a personal thing.

His take on Aaron Jones is not remotely sensationalized. It's basically known around the league that his TD regression is going to happen. If you feel it won't ... fair enough. We'll see.

Regardless of what you feel about his posts on here, he is well regarded on this forum, you can trust me on that. Don't decree various posters as respected and others not simply because you don't like the opinions that are put forth when you ask a question.

I've seen this in at least 3 threads from you that you've started. Asked a question, completely disagreed / disregarded all answers. It feels like you ask questions so that you can come and tell people who respond what they should be thinking, and why they're wrong.

Draft Picks