Which team is best?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Which team is best?

Postby Yarnith » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:09 pm

I am curious what the purpose of the thread is outside wanting us all to tell you your team is the best? You asked opinions you got them. You stated why you feel your teams the best those who disagree stated why they think its not. Its a good team gratz to you.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Yarnith wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:09 pm I am curious what the purpose of the thread is outside wanting us all to tell you your team is the best? You asked opinions you got them. You stated why you feel your teams the best those who disagree stated why they think its not. Its a good team gratz to you.
Discussion. Thank you for asking.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:34 am

I love team 2, that's the team Id love to own. Might take a year or two but looks like a team that could dominate long term.

Team 2 looks like a very strong contender for 2020 and 2021 but may need to rebuild then

Team 1 is solid for 2020 but could fall off a cliff fairly quickly. If Evans, Hopkins production fall off it could become a rebuild quickly even with the very strong running backs. Ideally I'd like to see another young stud WR instead of Kupp. I also think massive regression is coming for Jones. I know the strongest team in our league managed to sell him for Mixon which was a genius move

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:34 amIdeally I'd like to see another young stud WR instead of Kupp.
DK Metcalf? Mecole Hardman 2021?

To predict 3 elite players at their position at their prime age are about to fall off a cliff is too much hot take for me to handle. You can start by responding to my post about Aaron Jones earlier in this thread.

Team 3 is really good, but how is it better than 1 with such a massive score break in the flex roles? No depth, or future draft capital.

Team 2 is loaded with rookies, but with a 60% bust rate these arent locks. And with my young core and future draft capital there isn't much of an age gap here at all. By the time his rookies develop I will have retooled through the draft, Evans and Jones will still be on the right side of 30 and Hopkins will still be effective at age 30.

I really cant believe someone would actually rebuild team 1 because you're predicting Hopkins Evans and Jones are dead assets.
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:05 am

Team 1 for me.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:05 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 am
megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:34 amIdeally I'd like to see another young stud WR instead of Kupp.

To predict 3 elite players at their position at their prime age are about to fall off a cliff is too much hot take for me to handle. You can start by responding to my post about Aaron Jones earlier in this thread.

Team 3 is really good, but how is it better than 1 with such a massive score break in the flex roles? No depth, or future draft capital.

Team 2 is loaded with rookies, but with a 60% bust rate these arent locks. And with my young core and future draft capital there isn't much of an age gap here at all. By the time his rookies develop I will have retooled through the draft, Evans and Jones will still be on the right side of 30 and Hopkins will still be effective at age 30.

I really cant believe someone would actually rebuild team 1 because you're predicting Hopkins Evans and Jones are dead assets.
I'm only giving you my opinion. I didn't say they were dead assets so maybe re read my post.

I love team 2. That is my favourite from a dynasty perspective. Might not win in 2020 but is primed to challenge for years .
Team 1 and 3 are close to me.

Kupp operating outside when rams operate 12 personnel didn't look as good as when he was in the slot. He maybe a sell high candidate.

Hopkins is incredible but new team and won't see same target volume. I think you are depending on more touchdowns to reach his previous level of production from a fantasy view point - of course in that offence that could happen.
Evans I am worried about because of Brady, Godwin, two tight ends and injuries (back and hamstring). He depends so much on physicality to win . I'm not saying it will happen but I get Dez Bryant vibes there..ie an unexpected fall off at a young age.

Aaron Jones...he is a regression candidate and I think GB will score more TDs through the air.

I'm not saying the above will happen. I'm just saying it's the potential issues that could arise. Consider it contrarion advice. It's not aimed at being insulting so sorry if you took it up that way.

I had a team last year with Big Ben, Mayfield Mixon, bell, ab, Evans, OBJ, kelce, Kerryon, Michel, curtis Samuel, Corey Davis. It was consider one of preseason favourites at this stage but it totally bombed. 4-9.
I look at team one and while I don't anticipate a similar collapse to my team, I'm just pointing out guys that could underperform. Obviously my view is tarnished by my team's collapse.

Love Sanders and Barkley obviously.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 am

MFundercover wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:37 pm
FantasyFoosball wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:53 am I’d prefer team one slightly to team 3 for this upcoming year, just because they have no depth at all. Although I think I’d prefer team 2 long term with that core of young guys that they have.
His future draft capital is depleted so it's all in on his rookies. With all of my capital in tact and a good young core, I think I'm fine long term. I can still probably turn Hopkins, Evans, and Jones in to future assets next offseason if needed, and keep a better team under 25 than his, and add youth then.
His draft capital isn't "depleted". Sure, he's missing a first and a third next year, but he's got triple the number of young guys that you do.

Just talking about rookies, he's got CEH, Swift, Jeudy, Jefferson, Higgins, Claypool, etc. Then he's got young guys like Godwin, Deebo, Kirk, Gallup, Singletary, etc.

You've got guys like Saquon, Sanders, DK, Hardman. Which is good. But give me the other group overall.

Saquon > Godwin
Sanders/DK/Hardman < CEH/Swift/Jeudy/Jefferson/Higgins/Deebo/Etc.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:02 am

FantasyFoosball wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 am
MFundercover wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:37 pm
FantasyFoosball wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:53 am I’d prefer team one slightly to team 3 for this upcoming year, just because they have no depth at all. Although I think I’d prefer team 2 long term with that core of young guys that they have.
His future draft capital is depleted so it's all in on his rookies. With all of my capital in tact and a good young core, I think I'm fine long term. I can still probably turn Hopkins, Evans, and Jones in to future assets next offseason if needed, and keep a better team under 25 than his, and add youth then.
His draft capital isn't "depleted". Sure, he's missing a first and a third next year, but he's got triple the number of young guys that you do.

Just talking about rookies, he's got CEH, Swift, Jeudy, Jefferson, Higgins, Claypool, etc. Then he's got young guys like Godwin, Deebo, Kirk, Gallup, Singletary, etc.

You've got guys like Saquon, Sanders, DK, Hardman. Which is good. But give me the other group overall.

Saquon > Godwin
Sanders/DK/Hardman < CEH/Swift/Jeudy/Jefferson/Higgins/Deebo/Etc.
He doesnt have a 2022 1st either. So he has a late 2021 2nd. Depleted. Saquon is worth at least 2 players on that list, plus the pick differential it's close to equal in terms of future assets. In fact he has made offers like that for Saquon, but why would I rather have his lot than a top stud?

And it's not like Hopkins and Evans are near dead assets. You could argue Jones but hes still 25 too. His rookies needs to reach that level, and I will have made picks to replace them by the time they are done.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:29 am

MFundercover wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:32 pm I was just discussing my opinion as well. Try to not be so sensitive.
Team 2 is the best team for my money. I would expect them to win the championship this year, personally speaking. He will be hard to stop.

Just my opinion. :lol:

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:35 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:05 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 am

I'm only giving you my opinion. I didn't say they were dead assets so maybe re read my post.

I love team 2. That is my favourite from a dynasty perspective. Might not win in 2020 but is primed to challenge for years .
Team 1 and 3 are close to me.

Kupp operating outside when rams operate 12 personnel didn't look as good as when he was in the slot. He maybe a sell high candidate.

Hopkins is incredible but new team and won't see same target volume. I think you are depending on more touchdowns to reach his previous level of production from a fantasy view point - of course in that offence that could happen.
Evans I am worried about because of Brady, Godwin, two tight ends and injuries (back and hamstring). He depends so much on physicality to win . I'm not saying it will happen but I get Dez Bryant vibes there..ie an unexpected fall off at a young age.

Aaron Jones...he is a regression candidate and I think GB will score more TDs through the air.

I'm not saying the above will happen. I'm just saying it's the potential issues that could arise. Consider it contrarion advice. It's not aimed at being insulting so sorry if you took it up that way.

I had a team last year with Big Ben, Mayfield Mixon, bell, ab, Evans, OBJ, kelce, Kerryon, Michel, curtis Samuel, Corey Davis. It was consider one of preseason favourites at this stage but it totally bombed. 4-9.
I look at team one and while I don't anticipate a similar collapse to my team, I'm just pointing out guys that could underperform. Obviously my view is tarnished by my team's collapse.

Love Sanders and Barkley obviously.

Team 2 has offered packages for Saquon and Sanders which I have turned down. I could easily have a roster structured like his if I traded Barkley, but that would make my team worse in the long and short term. Saquon is worth multiple young players in his roster. Consider the draft capital difference with Saquons value and I actually have the better long term value.

Dont see the Dez comparison at all with Evans. Dez mainly replied on 50/50 balls. Once he stopped winning enough he was finished. Evans is more than a 1 trick pony and creates separation at all levels unlike Bryant. Hes had 1 injury in his career so I dont know where the injury concerns come from either.

Arizona figures to be among the teams that throw the most passes next year so I see plenty of targets and catches for Hopkins. I'm also a big believer in Kylers talent, and a believer that getting away from O'Brien's offense can only be a plus.

As far as Jones goes, I would refer you to my post on the first page. With the negatives in mind, he is still an elite talent in the league and the primary receiving back, and possibly the teams #2 receiver option overall.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:40 am

mild wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:29 am
MFundercover wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:32 pm I was just discussing my opinion as well. Try to not be so sensitive.
Team 2 is the best team for my money. I would expect them to win the championship this year, personally speaking. He will be hard to stop.

Just my opinion. :lol:
That's cool.

What's funny is that team 2 tried buying Saquon and Sanders with all that depth you're drooling over. I declined.

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:50 am

Well, that's that settled. If team 2's opinion matches up with yours, it must be right.
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

QB: Ryan, Tua, Fitzpatrick.
RB: McCaffrey, Chubb, Gibson, Gaskin, Bernard, Mack, Edwards, Hines, Kerryon.
WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.
TE: Ebron, Higbee, Herndon.

Draft Picks
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd.
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:54 am

dirkey wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:50 am Well, that's that settled. If team 2's opinion matches up with yours, it must be right.
What's right is that any respectable player driving team 2 knows it needs to turn those young assets in to alpha studs or it doesn't mean much.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 am

So you clearly think your team is the best. So what was purpose of your post? A victory lap? You will know at the end of the season. There are no trophies handed out in the preseason.
To me your team is very good, Kudos on roster structure but I foresee several potential issues that could arise. I'm only trying to help.

Team 2 is my favourite from a dynasty perspective. I think it will have great value in years to come.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:06 am

megager wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 am So you clearly think your team is the best. So what was purpose of your post? A victory lap? You will know at the end of the season. There are no trophies handed out in the preseason.
To me your team is very good, Kudos on roster structure but I foresee several potential issues that could arise. I'm only trying to help.

Team 2 is my favourite from a dynasty perspective. I think it will have great value in years to come.
Discussion. I feel like your point is based on a sensationalized take on Aaron Jones TD regression and a bizarre Dez Bryant comparison. Just sayin.

Well, I led this league in points and all play win % last year and improved this offseason while these teams got weaker.

Let me ask you this, would you like my team better from a dynasty perspective if I traded Saquon to team 2 for a package?
Last edited by MFundercover on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.