League Integrity/Cheating

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Is Mr Pink challenging league integrity?

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes: 27

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: League Integrity/Cheating

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:19 pm

I am Mr. Pink. Myself and GogoBradyarm here have a friendly adversarial relationship when it comes to the league. But are good friends in real life. Dont let him fool you this man is no saint. He has quit this league before and came back because he was frustrated his team wasnt winning, he also dropped his whole roster in that fit, so these quitting threats are quite common (i dropped my entire roster a few years later due to a precedent being set by him, im not proud of it but i did it.) So he shouldnt be talking about any sort of integrity. He sends awful trade offers like Mark Andrews and Keenan Allen for AJ Brown then he wonders why he cant get trades done with anyone. Due to this adversarial relationship i do like to get him going sometimes and trust me he loves doing the same to me. So yes i said what i said after making the trade but it was never serious. I would not invest my time and MONEY into this just to sabotage anyone. Gogo is a good friend of mine i the real world i just cant stand him in the fantasy football sense.

As far as my trades are concerned none of them are even close to being collusion at face value. They are all very fair. You may think i overpaid but again you really do not know the league dynamics of this league. Its insane and extremely active, everyone is obsessed. I got a first for Jordan Howard last season, its very easy to get firsts. Trading firsts a year out to get the 1.04 in a class everyone has been hyping for two years isnt like trading a solid sure thing player. My team isnt a championship contender at all but its also not horrendous Lamar, Swift, Hunt, White, Sutton, Dk, Hurst will be starters Harry, Mims Gibson as developmental depth. We will see. With all of this said GOgo even after shaming me multiple times on here you will still get a wedding invitation and will be welcomed over any time as my good friend. We can have a few brewskis and a few laughs and talk about our idiotic commissioner. As far as fantasy goes i hate you with the fire of a million suns. Peace

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:24 pm

The context of what the guy was saying may have simply been lost here. If you have another teams draft pick, and you can make a deal with another team that will help improve that pick (perhaps while even improving your own at the same time), that can be incentive to pull the trigger on a deal. Improving team X in a deal above team Y isn't loss of integrity, so long as the deal itself isn't collusion (which is different). Heck, i've made deals with teams that improve their win now chances over a division rival of mine just so i can win the division (and thus improve my playoff chances). That is making a deal to improve another team over another. I'm getting value i'm comfortable with, and it isn't collusion, but it is added incentive and part of team management. It isn't necessarily detrimental to the league, and it most certainly isn't 'cheating' by default.

You can debate value all you want in the deals identified, but they aren't collusion. If no comment was made, i doubt you'd blink twice.

I'll add that this is a friends league, which often have a different dynamic. Should be considered as part the equation and sometimes result in things not being as serious.

Edit: Written before the response above.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:33 pm

This league seems like tons of fun :crazy:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:43 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:33 pm This league seems like tons of fun :crazy:
"Friends league"

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:29 pm

I feel this league is the definition of The League. I honestly don't know if others here are in leagues with real life friends, but this is a sh*t show. Way to air the dirty laundry Mr Pink.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:15 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:29 pm I feel this league is the definition of The League. I honestly don't know if others here are in leagues with real life friends, but this is a sh*t show. Way to air the dirty laundry Mr Pink.
... But you brought it here? And many posters caught on to the other person it was anyway? I can't be the only one here that thinks this ALLLL could've been avoided, right?

Maybe it's worth it as a friend's league.. I doubt many would put up with it in a random league. I enjoy playing with friends, but I also play to win and have fun. If it's not fun, probably time to move on from the league

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:19 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:29 pm I feel this league is the definition of The League. I honestly don't know if others here are in leagues with real life friends, but this is a sh*t show. Way to air the dirty laundry Mr Pink.
You're the one that started it.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Lol, both of you hissy fit dropped your entire rosters in the past? Knuckleheads. I will say that friends leagues with shenanigans are fun.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:32 pm

Now i'm having fun with this, I got Patsfan86 to admit that he didn't intentionally make another team better, but that he is an idiot.
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman

Year 9 of my league

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:19 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:32 pm Now i'm having fun with this, I got Patsfan86 to admit that he didn't intentionally make another team better, but that he is an idiot.
Friends can be like mirrors sometimes. I think you guys deserve each other. Good luck with that.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:26 pm

Ewwwwwwww

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:30 am

Not seeing a problem with either trade in the OP. There are logical reasons to like either side on both.

As to the rest of the crap where you both decided you needed to drop trou here? Get a room.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:56 am

Yeah, dropping your team is grounds for removal from the league IMO. When you drop your team, you don’t have a team. Poor form. Had to set that line once as Commish myself. Pointless.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:25 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:56 am Yeah, dropping your team is grounds for removal from the league IMO. When you drop your team, you don’t have a team. Poor form. Had to set that line once as Commish myself. Pointless.
Agree, Mr Pink is guilty on all of these charges. FiremanEd shall commence the execution

Year 9 of my league

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Can we really expect anything less from cheats fans? They've been watching their team doing it for twenty years. Monkey see, monkey do.